What matters most in the world of entertainment is the impact it brings to the audience, and the power it holds to spread that impact.
Facts About Jin
Jin is the oldest member of the South Korean band named BTS, also known as the Bangtan Boys. Their music dominated the world through years of hardwork, continuous growth, millions of diverse fanbase called the A.R.M.Y, and being the first KPop group to ever receive an American Music Awards in 2018. Because of this and so many other factors, BTS has been marked as an International KPop Sensation.
Long before Jin has been labeled "Worldwide Handsome" and "Car Door Guy," he was born on December 4, 1992 as Kim Seok-jin in Anyang, Gyeonggi-do though he and his family moved to Gwacheon, Gyeonggi-do at the age of 1. He's from a well-off family which consists of his mom, older brother and his dad who's a company CEO. He attended Konkuk University and graduated with a degree of art and acting on February 22, 2017, thinking that acting is the path that he would be taking. His handsome looks gained him an offer to be part of a music group when he was scouted by Big Hit Entertainment while walking down the street. During that time, he had no background in music so he was considered solely for his good looks. However, his soothing, unique and amazing vocal range completes the never-ending growth and success of BTS from their 2013 debut to the point of reaching the hearts of people all over the world. In the present time, Jin is regarded very positively for his ability to manipulate his vocal texture and style, and he shows his strong points mostly when he's singing ballads.
Jin led the group's comeback through the video of his solo song entitled "Epiphany" which was released in August 25, 2018 from the album Love Yourself: Answer. Even without the rest of his BTS members, the video gained over 20 million views in 24 hours. Jin's angelic and very emotional vocal style can also be heard through another solo song entitled "Awake" which was released in October 10, 2016.
100 Most Handsome Faces 2018
There's More To Jin Other Than Being Worldwide Handsome
If you've been a fan of BTS Jin for a long time, you'll know that his confidence in introducing himself as "Mr. Worldwide Handsome" is just a front because he's actually the shyest guy amongst BTS. He jokes a lot about his own acknowledgment on his good looks to hide his shyness but there is more to Jin other than being labeled as "Worldwide Handsome."
We already know he is a very good singer because of his good vocal style and range, and his dancing skills have improved a lot over the years so these two are all given talents as a member of BTS. Being the oldest ember, he has many roles and talents that his new fans may not know.
- He's a smooth MC - on Music bank's episode 932, he did an awesome job as a special MC alongside Solbin despite him being very frank onset that he feels nervous. I also cracked up on an MC gig he did for the 2018 KBS Gayo Daechukje where he was naturally funny and smooth in doing his job as an MC.
- He's a good cook - our BTS septet lives together and their resident cook is their Hyung Jin who never fails to amaze them with delicious meals, as shown in BTS reality shows. He also likes to try new recipes and normally prefers J-Hope to taste it because he gives an honest opinion. One time, he told Jin that his seaweed soup reminds him of his mother's cooking and that he loves it very much.
- He's a good actor - Jin is very open in expressing himself when he feels awkward about acting but he does it very well regardless of how he feels. He was really funny in House of Army as a props. He was a banana, flower and a clock while the rest of the members where portraying living characters but Jin's acting was naturally funny. His serious side in acting was also shown in BTS MV's like "Boy In Luv,""Blood, Sweat & Tears," "Run," "Awake," and "Love Yourself Highlight Reel."
Jin's Solo Tracks & Their Meaning
This is one of my favorite songs and it continues to amaze me because of its meaning and Jin's vocal range. This is a very emotional song that speaks about loving yourself (as the album title says). The music video was well-interpreted as Jin tries to save his friends by moving back and forth through time in different alternate worlds, only to realize that the answer to what he is searching for is within himself. The chorus of the song (as translated in english) says "I'm the one I should love in this world. Shining me, precious soul of mine. I finally realized so I love me. Not so perfect but so beautiful. I'm the one I should love."
First of all, this song made me cry because aside from the emotions Jin poured in the song and the video, it's something that a lot of people can relate to. It speaks about self-doubts; insecurities like not being good enough. The english translation of the chorus says, "Maybe I can never fly. I can't fly like the flowers and petals over there. Or as though I have wings. Maybe, I can't touch the sky. Still, I want to stretch my hand out. I want to run, just a bit more."
Other Interesting Facts About Jin
- He can open food packets using his feet.
- He can play the guitar.
- He can bend backwards with his palms on the ground and walk looking like a spider.
- He loves lobsters so much.
- He loves Super Mario
- He likes watching anime with V.
- He's scared of insects.
© 2019 Shey Saints