A room with a view!
Jason speaks from the grave!
First, how to qualify the worst of the bad.
Some of these may have become immortal but they make this list because first, they were nuts!
Speaking of which, Dr. Hannibal Lecter is gone. He was at number 3 but now... he's having an old friend for dinner.
The terrible 13!
13. The Stranger- From when a stranger calls. He was better in literature but he may be right. You should check the children! A tie between these two sickos at #13.
13. The Miner- This was the murderer from My Bloody Valentine. He watched a psycho murder his father when he was a toddler. Every boy needs a role model, don't they?
12. Max Cady- Robert Diniro as we've never seen him. He played a sick, twisted killer that will never stop...the kind we like.
11. Miss Spool- Her son of course is more famous, but if you messed with her son, you were done! Do you remember what movie she was from?
10. The killer from .Don't Talk to Strangers. I'm not telling who done it! Antonio Bandaras, Rebecca Dimornay, and Dennis Miller (of all people) were great in this.
9. Peatey- He is the killer from Sleep Away Camp. If you mess with his gentle, docile sister Angela, he appears, and it's never pretty.
8. Mrs. Voorhees- Jason's demented, vengeful mother. She terrorized Camp Chrystal before her son did. She even "lost her head" to give him his chance in the following Friday the 13th movies.
7. Michael Myers- Rob Zombie showed us the human side of this crazed serial killer before he became immortal. The question remains- who is harder to kill? Michael, Jason, or Freddy. This one kept many home on Halloweens to come!
The best of the worst!
6. Sweeney Todd- The demon barber bent on revenge ripped through movies theaters. He was best played by the one and only, Johnny Depp.
5. Leatherface- The big freak from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. His chainsaw has ripped through Hollywood's Horror History and he ight canablism to a new level.
4. The Phantom of the Opera- A crazed and deformed mad man who was no longer obsessed with music. Though I liked Claude Reigns, Lon Chaney is still the best!
3. Where is he now; at your door with a nice bottle of wine?
2. Freddy Krueger- Though he lost his fight with Jason, Freddy has such a fan base and an appeal, that he landed here at number 2. Once a sick twisted man, Freddy became a sick, twisted demon, that stalked teenagers in their nightmares. Though some of the sequels were silly, I'll never forget how much the first one scared me and my high school girlfriend! The music, the face, and the nightmares will never be forgotten!
1. Norman Bates- How could the original slasher, with such a great side story and twist, be left out of the top spot? Yes they will keep making Friday the 13th, Elm Street, and Halloween movies. They will also remake psycho over and over too, but they will never match the original mamma's boy who turned into the nice guy with an evil alter ego! The suspense and hidden drama, make him best of the slashers, and he was only a mere mortal! Be careful what hotel you check into, if its one owned by a boy who likes filthy girls, and has a watchful mother...you may be in for a short vacation!
Please read these too!
- What are Johnny Depp's best and worst movies?
Johnny Depp is a Hollywood favorite and on the eve of Dark Shaddows, I thought this would be fun.
- The 13 scariest movies ever!
- The 12 best villains of all time!
The scoundrels that we movies goers love! There will be some surprises as I do not write for or agree with the AFI. Nurse Rached did not make it! Who almost made it? Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old...
MikeSyrSutton (author) from An uncharted galaxy on January 21, 2012:
Thanks for the input! Freddy has a lot of fans.
Tina Siuagan from Rizal, Philippines on January 21, 2012:
Oh my Freddy Krueger. Hahaha! Awesome hub! :D
MikeSyrSutton (author) from An uncharted galaxy on January 23, 2011:
Thanks Rob! You always leave the best comments on my hubs!
Rob from Oviedo, FL on January 23, 2011:
A great, ghoulish list. A lot of legendary nasties. Who'll ever forget the shower scene from "Psycho"?