Coming to your town next?
They rise from the grave, and human flesh do they crave. When death is in the air, you best believe that ZOMBIES are there!
Unlike Vampires and Werewolves, Zombies have no special power to speak of, and a fatal blow to the head, is all it takes to kill one. But, there is never just one! They travel in huge groups and never stop feeding. There is no shortage of graveyards full of bodies waiting to rise, and sometimes, no there is where to hide!
SPECIAL Note: There is a great Twilight Zone Episode about Zombies! Its called "Mr. Garrity and the Graves". You can find it on my blog about the 20 best TZ episodes ever!
What sick flicks almost made it?
The City of the Dead and Zombie Apocalypse came very close to making this list but didn't.
White Zombie- Bela Lugosi stars as a mad man who knows how to control the hypnotized undead. He has an evil sceme for his new army to carry out. Can anyone stop him? Find out! Bela mastered the monsters, see how he does as a master of the walking dead!
The Outpost -2008- Ray Stevenson's raw battle between human soldiers and a well trained army of, you got it, the undead!
NOTE: I only left out the Evil Dead movies because they aren't technically zombie movies. That whole story is really about possession by an evil force. They were very good so I am not slighting them.
A creepy trailer, to say the least.
The 13 best Zombie flicks of ALL TIME!
13.Day of the Dead- Some would have this higher, but a lot of the new ones are better!
12.Dead Snow- The German Nazis were all wiped out in WW2 right? Wrong! Meet the battalion that was too hard to kill. This one is pretty intense but well done.
11. King of the Zombies 1941 - Dick Purcell, Joan Woodbury, were very good, but Mantan Moreland stole the show! This was an intriguing tale of a missing Admiral, and a search party who all found much more than they expected!
10.Flight of the living Dead- Think Zombies are scary in a city or an Island? Try them trapped with you on a plane.
9. Zombie- Aka Zombie Flesh eaters. Pretty disgusting and it has the famous poster/cover. A must see for all zombie fans!
8. Night of the Living Dead- 1990-Though I am a huge Tony Todd fan, I couldn't rank this one much higher. But, It is a must see for Zombie freaks!
7. Return of the Living Dead 1985- Two bumbling fools
work together to wreck the world for the rest of us. This was a smelly graveyard full of fun!
A free ride to...Busan!
The sickest six!
6.Dawn of the Dead- 2004- Vin Rahmes leads a group of survivors trying to escape a devastating apocalypse, fuel by ...
5. Shaun of the Dead- Ok, so it was a spoof, but come on this was awesome! It had over the top, disgusting gore, and was funnier than an empty graveyard! The cast was good and the writing, and special effects were great. Check this one out when you have friends over!
4. Exit Humanity- Set in the Civil War Era, this flick was intense and emotional. This had a big cast lead by Brian Cox and horror legends Dee Wallace and Bill Moseley. Most Zombie Movies do not have a cast or a story line this good!
3. The Train to Busan- Shot in Korea, this was very emotional, loaded with drama and was brutally intense! The acting was excellent and the plot was good. They also did a great job with the special effects.
2. Night of the Living Dead- 1968- The classic to end all classics! This is one of the most famous horror movies ever! Romero owned this list and this one of his, is hard to beat.
The snow of the living dead!
Here is the grossest of the gross!
Here is the number one of this nasty bunch of gross, disgusting horror movies.
You already know what it is.
1. Dawn of the Dead-1978- Ken Foree and his co-stars hold up in a mall trying to surving an attack of hundreds of Zombies. This was was horrifying and off the charts! I have actually visited that mall! It was quite the flash back to the movie!
Enjoy, and please tell me on the bottom what your favorites are!
other SCARY blogs
- The 13 best Ghosts from the movies.
A list of the best apparitions. Some are funny some are deadly, but all of these 13 are very cool ghouls!
- The 13 best Twilight Zone Episodes ( The Old Black and Whites) With a TZ QUIZ! Read over 3,000 times
The old black and whites were amazing and far ahead of their time.
- The 13 scariest movies ever! Now this has a scary Quiz and poll!
Check this list of the scariest flicks ever!
- The 10 best Black and White movies ever!
Remember the great old classics? Here they are!
- The 10 best Creatures in the movies
Some are from the far reaches of outer space, others from the deep depths of the ocean, and others from the far depths of human imagination! Here are my favorite monsters from the movies.
- The 13 best Sci Fi Movies ever!
What are the best Science Fiction movies of all time? Why did Star Wars get left off?
MikeSyrSutton (author) from An uncharted galaxy on May 07, 2015:
Have you seen my other horror movie lists?
Carlo Giovannetti from Puerto Rico on November 22, 2013:
Good list. There are a couple that I haven't seen there. My favorite would easily be Night of the Living Dead, the original.
MikeSyrSutton (author) from An uncharted galaxy on October 21, 2013:
Thanks! The acting was top notch in both.
one2recognize2 from New York on October 21, 2013:
Great Hub, my faves were Night of the Living Dead- 1968, and Dawn of the Dead -1978.
MikeSyrSutton (author) from An uncharted galaxy on September 14, 2013:
Hi Mega !
I have missed your comments lately!
Zombie movies are among the most gory. Frankenstein strngles, werewolves bite, and Vampires drink from the neck. But Zombies...good Lord! They rip out brains and the insides. Yup they are gross!
Thanks for you comment!
Megavitamin on September 14, 2013:
I HATE zombies all because of "Dawn of the Dead"--that's how you know it's a great movie :0) I guess I'll just have to stick to more pleasant movies about vampires, monsters and serial killers, tee hee. Great list!
MikeSyrSutton (author) from An uncharted galaxy on September 13, 2013:
Thanks! That one was fun. It was disgusting too. lol
hlwar on September 13, 2013:
Cool hub! I must confess, I don't care for zombie movies. But I loved "Shaun of the Dead" - it was very funny and endearing. Glad it made your list. (^_^)