Margaret Minnicks has been an online writer for many years. She researches and shares remedies for using certain products for illnesses.
The Real daytime talk show premiered on July 15, 2013 in a four-week trial period on seven Fox-owned stations in Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Tampa, and Washington D.C.
At the time, there were five co-hosts that included Loni Love, Jeannie Mai, Tamera Mowry-Housley, Adrienne Bailon and Tamar Braxton.
The show received the green light for its official season in September 15, 2014. The show is now in its fifth season that airs during the day on Fox TV stations and in national syndication, and nightly on BET.
Because Tamar was fired at the end of the second season in 2016, now there are only four co-hosts because producers did not replace her.
Another change is that Adrienne married Israel Houghton in 2016 and took on his last name. So Adrienne is now known as Adrienne Houghton.
'The Real' Daytime Talk Show
Some people didn't think The Real would succeed. However, was doing great until the eighth season. It was nominated for the Daytime Emmy Award for Entertainment Talk Show in 2017 and won the award in 2018.
On January 3, 2018, Fox Television Stations announced that the show will continue through the 2019-20 television season.
The four women start the show each weekday with a segment called Girl Chat where they all give their opinion about a hot topic. During the hour-long show, they give fashion tips, beauty instructions, and advice about love, marriage, relationships, and families. They play games with the audience so they can win prizes. Even though all hosts are women, sometimes men appear on the should as guest co-hosts and celebrity guests to be interviewed.
In 2018, The Real won the 49th NAACP Image Awards for Outstanding Talk Series. Also in 2018, all four of the co-hosts won the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host.
According to Celebrity Net Worth, all four co-hosts are millionaires. However, there is a wide gap between the four co-hosts. That's because they had or are still having other assignments as well as co-hosting The Real.
The range is between $1 million and $4 million. Their salary on the show has not been revealed.
Loni Love is the oldest of the co-hosts who is 47 years old. She was born on July 12, 1971. She enjoys being is a comedian, actress, and talk show host.
Love grew up in Detroit’s tough Brewster-Douglass Housing Projects with her single mother. She graduated from Prairie View A&M University in Texas with a bachelor’s degree in engineering. After graduation, she moved to California where worked full-time as an engineer and part-time as a stand-up comedian. When she became a finalist on “Star Search” in 2003, she quit her engineering job to devote all of her energy to being a comic. With her big heart, she also quit to keep someone else from being laid off.
Loni was named among the "Top 10 Comics to Watch" in both Variety and Comedy Central in 2009.
Like the other co-hosts, Loni's net worth recently reached the million dollars mark. However, she was the only one who was not a millionaire when the show premiered in 2013. Then her net worth was listed at approximately $450,000. It increased tremendously because of her standup comedian gigs. Her first book, Love Him or Leave Him, was released n July 2014. She starred in the 2016 movie, Mother's Day along with Jennifer Aniston, Jason Sudeikis, Julia Roberts and Kate Hudson.
Loni Love takes advantage of her last name. She calls her fans Love Bugs. On The Real, she has a segment called Loni's Love Corner where she gives love advice to others.
Here are interesting things about Loni that she admitted on the talk show.
- Loni loves bacon.
- Loni talks about how she loves brown liquor.
- She jokes a lot about partying.
- Loni describes herself as happily single and doesn't want to get married and have children.
- Loni believes in multi-dating.
- Her celebrity crush was Idris Elba until he got engaged.
- Loni has been arrested twice; once for trespassing.
Jeannie Mai is a 39-year-old popular Vietnamese makeup artist and fashion guru who was born on January 4, 1979. Jeannie's net worth is estimated to be $1.5 million. Most of it comes from her appearances on various television shows and her other gigs.
Since 2011, she has hosted the Miss Universe competition. She also appeared as a guest judge on Asia’s Next Top Model reality television show.
When the show first started, she was married to married Freddy Harteis, host of "The Hollywood Hunter." She announced in October 17 that she and Freddie had filed for a divorce after 10 years of marriage. Jeannine didn't mind telling viewers that Freddie wants children, but doesn't want any children.
Here are interesting things about Jeannie that she admitted on the talk show.
- Jeannie is frugal.
- She grew up with 16-family members living in a three-bedroom house
- Jeannie brings her mother, Mama Mai, to the show quite often.
- The only Asian on the show converted from Buddhism to Christianity.
- Jeannie appears to be the loudest and the most talkative co-host.
- She uses -ay or -yay at the end of a lot of words such as hon-ay for honey and Fri-yay for Friday.
- Jeannie has been arrested.
UPDATE: In 2018, Jeannie started dating rapper Jeezy, whose real name is Jay Wayne Jenkins. They became engaged on March 27, 2020, and were married in 2021. They were blessed with a baby girl named Monaco Mai-Jenkins on January 11, 2022.
Tamera Mowry-Housley is a 40-year-old co-host and actress. She was born July 6, 1978. Tamera has been an actress for most of her life along with her identical twin sister, Tia Mowry-Hardrict. Her net worth is estimated to be $4 million.
Tamer and Tia wrote a couple of books together in a series called Twintuition: Double Vision and Twintuition: Double Trouble. They starred in the long-running sitcom Sister, Sister. She has also starred in other television shows and movies. Tamera married 46-year-old Adam Housley on May 15, 2011 after dating him for six years. He is Fox News Correspondent. Her net worth is more than his that is $3 million.
The happily married couple has a son, Aden John Tanner, born on November 12, 2012, and a daughter, Ariah Talea, born on July 1, 2015. Tamar is the only co-host with children. It shows that she is a wonderful wife and mother. It is obvious based on how she talks about Adam, Aden, and Ariah on The Real.
Here are interesting things about Tamera that she admitted on the talk show.
- Tamera is biracial. Her father has Irish ancestry, and her mother is of Afro-Bahamian descent.
- She is older than her identical twin, Tia Mowry-Hardrict by two minutes.
- She and Tia starred in the sitcom Sister, Sister that aired on television for six seasons from April 1, 1994 to May 23, 1999.
- Tamera and Tia have two brothers named Tahj and Tavior Mowry. Noticed all their names start with a "T."
- Her son looks like his father who is white and her daughter looks like her.
- The twins became born-again Christians when they were eight years old.
- Tamera's Christian values come out on the show through her action and dialogue.
- On the show in July 2013, Tamera revealed that she was not intimate with a man until she was 29 because of being a devout Christian. Then she was guilt-ridden.
- Tamera says she gets turned on when she sees her husband cleaning the house.
- Tamera has been arrested.
UPDATE: Tamera left the talk show in July 2020 after seven years on the show to resume her acting career in movies. After her departure, she was replaced by Garcelle Beauvais for Seasons 7 and 8.
Adrienne Bailon Houston
Adrienne Bailon Houghton is 34 and the youngest co-host. She was born October 24, 1983. Her net worth has dropped, but she is still worth $2 million because the singer and actress still collects royalties from past assignments. She was the lead singer in bands 3LW and The Cheetah Girls.
Adrienne is also receiving royalties from the movies she starred in including the following.
- Buffalo Dreams
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
- Lovestruck: The Musical
- Chasing Yesterday
- I'm in Love with a Church Girl
Adrienne was engaged to Rob Kardashian for two years until she found out he cheated on her. On February 5, 2015, Adrienne post on Instagram that she was engaged to music executive Lenny Santiago after dating six years. They called off their engagement in September 2015. Then she began dating gospel singer Israel Houghton in February 2016. They got engaged six months later on August 12, 2016 in Paris. They got married in Paris on November 11, 2016. As you can see from the dates, Adrienne and Israel started dating, got engage and married in the same year.
Unlike some celebrities, Adrienne uses her husband last name. The 47-year-old musician has appeared on The Real several times to sing with his wife.
Adrienne released her solo debut album New Tradiciones in 2017 which reached #32 on the US Latin chart.
Here are interesting things about Adrienne that she admitted on the talk show.
- Adrienne has three step-children who get along with her, but she wants children of her own.
- She is only 4 feet 11 inches tall.
- She wears a size 4 shoe that is too big for her.
- Adrienne went to school to become an obstetrician.
- Adrienne lies down and falls asleep in the shower.
- Loni Love calls Adrienne Munkin because of her small size.
- Adrienne's go to word is "ABSOLUTELY!"
- Adrienne was arrested for stealing drugstore makeup.
The Real daytime talk show has been canceled after eight seasons in syndication