Juan Pablo Barba is part of a casual thatre public that likes enjoying films and talk about them with other followers.
Important Aspects of the Film
- This movie is directed by Mike Rianda, this is the first time he directs a project.
- Phil Lord and Christopher Miller talented minds are back to produce this story.
- Some of the most featured cast are: Abbi Jacobson, Danny McBride, Maya Rudolph, Mike Rianda, Eric Andre and Olivia Colman.
- The Budget to make this film was approximately between 50 - 100 million dollars.
- This film’s durability is aproximately 1 hrs and 54 min.
- This film was originally named “Connected” and it was supposed to be released in theaters; but due to the pandemic, Netflix bought the film to stream it in their platform and it was renamed as “The Mitchells vs The Machines”.
Katie Mitchell is a talented but peculiar film lover and maker but her family does not understand her (or at least her parents does not), so she decides to leave her home to study in another part of the world, with new friends and a new life; but her father Rick Mitchell (who is not a technology lover) is not ready to see his little daughter leave him; so he decided to make a familiar road trip to take Katie to college and finally get the beautiful father-daughter relationship the once had. The Mitchell’s family will have to learn the importance of family to save themselves and to save the world eather from some evil technological minds.
- This story is told in the most creative form we could ever seen. Phil Lord and Chris Miller are amazing in making a not new story into a fabolous creative story telling full of heart and funny moments.
- Animation technique here is unique, it seems like a mix of 2D and 3D together and looks just brilliantly.
- Despite the repetitive message the movie wants to give us, it is really effective because it is told in a very charming and unique way.
- All tecnological and geek references here are so natural and well introduced because they all take part to tell this story, it is something amazing to see how all this factors feel natural.
- Comedy and characters here are awesome, they are hectic and keeps anybody with their eyes stucked tos creen. The relationship between Katie and Rick is beautiful and it’s pleasurable to see how it improves and how they learn form each other.
- Like I said, the message or the lesson this film wants to tell us is not anything we haven’t seen before, but it is not a big problema because the director gave his best to make us cry with it in an unique way.
Final Grade and Conclusion
This is definitely one of the best animated films of the year and the decade, it is full of innovative aspects visually and emotionally. Their characters and all relationships between them are charming and all the comedy is creative and effective. If you have not seen it yet, I don’t know what are you waiting for.
Final Grade: 9.6 out of 10
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2021 Juan Pablo Barba Gutiérrez