The Bold Type is an American comedy-drama television series created by Sarah Watson and produced by Universal Television for Freeform. It is inspired by the life and career of former editor-in-chief of Cosmopolitan magazine Joanna Coles, who is executive producer of the series.
About the series
The Bold Type is one of my personal favorites because the story and the characters are very realistic. The series mostly revolves around a trio of millennial women who live in New York. The three best friends work for 'Scarlet', a fictional women's global magazine.
The story shows how the three young women navigate their lives in New York, including their romantic relationships, career, friendships and trajectories.
The series also gives importance to the Queer community and homosexuality in fact, there are many scenes in the series which are dedicated to the queer community.
The most important thing about the show is that it promotes feminism.
Why do I like the series?
- it is a feminist and also an anti-racist show
- the show gives importance to the Queer community
- it shows that you should always do what is best for you but sometimes you should also make certain compromises
- it shows that it is okay to be confused about choosing the right career
- it shows that hiding from your fears does not eliminates it but facing it head on does
- it shows the importance of friendships and also that with a little effort, broken relationships can be mended
- it shows that you should always follow your passion
- it also shows that real life is not always rainbows and flowers
Overall I would say that the show is a great success and is very helpful to boost one's confidence about their true self and also it is a comedy drama so you can have a good laugh while watching it.
© 2021 Bhavna Das