Xhyniie has been a K-pop fan since 2010 and a K-drama fan since 2000. She enjoys writing about the Korean entertainment industry.
When it comes to Korean actresses, fans always ask themselves,
"Who is the most beautiful actress?"
"Who are the Top actresses in South Korea?"
"Who are the actresses that never undergo plastic surgery?"
It is really hard for us to judge if who among of them had undergo plastic surgery. My Top 10 Most Beautiful Actresses is based on how they are popular, based on their acting, the years they are in the entertainment industry, their other talents besides acting and how they treat their fans.
P.S. THE LIST BELOW IS NOT IN ORDER!
- She rose to fame after playing the younger version of Han Jung-suh in the Kdrama "Stairway to Heaven" (2003).
- After 3 years, she was reunited with Lee Wan (Stairway to Heaven co-star) in the Korean-Japanese series "Tree of Heaven".
- She made her big screen debut in the movie Evil Twin, a summer horror flick, where she played 2 characters: as the main character and as the ghost who haunts her sister after her death.
- She gained more popularity after playing Go Mi Nam and Go Min Nyu in the Kdrama "You're Beautiful" opposite to Jang Keun Suk.
- A year after, she was reunited with Jung Yong-hwa (You're Beautiful co-star) to do the teenage musical drama "Hearstrings".
- She starred in the film Miracle in Cell No. 7 as the older version of Yesung.
- She is the first Korean female actress to achieve more than five milliok Weibo followers.
- She is set to play the role of the Queen in upcoming historical film, The Royal Tailor.
- Her English name is Leslie Kim.
- She was born and raised in Los Angeles, California.
- She changed her U.S. citizenship in 2004 to South Korean citizenship to pursue her dream as a Korean actress.
- She debuted as a model after winning a super model competition in 2001.
- She was involved in a dispute with Korea Broadcasting System (KBS) for failing to show up to the filming of Myung Wol the Spy on August 14, 2011. On the 16th of August she returned to filming.
- She is currently in a relationship with 1TYM's Teddy.
- She debuted in an Asiana Airlines commercial in 2002, and was cast in the KBS2 drama, Sunshine Hunting.
- She was named as a Best New Actress for the drama Yellow Handkerchief in the KBS Drama Awards 2002.
- In 2004, she bagged best actress award for Terms of Endearment.
- In 2005, she married actor Yeon Jung-hoon.
- She went on a three-year hiatus after criticizing Witch Yoo Hee's director and writers for the drama's poor. quality.
- 2012 was the most successful year of Han's career yet. Period drama Moon Embracing The Sun, in which she played the heroine, an amnesiac noblewoman-turned-shaman, ended with an audience share of 40 percent when the final episode aired
- In 2014, after 9 years of marriage, they announced that she is pregnant with their first child.
- At the age of 15, she debuted as a member of girl group Baby V.O.X staying with the group from 1999 to 2005.
- She was often the prey of anti-fans. One infamous incident was during her debut year, she was shot in the eye by an anti-fan who tried to make her blind with a mixture of soy sauce and vinegar using a water gun. She was rushed to the hospital where the doctors confirmed that her cornea was damage.
- She was offered to play her first major acting role in Princess Hours. She played the lead role as the crown princess Shin Chae Kyung, which shot her to instant fame throughout Asia.
- Her third lead role was MBC's The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince, in which she played Go Eun-Chan, an employee at a coffee shop, who was once a master of Taekwando.
- Her successful performance in Coffee Prince, put her in the list of being one of the best actresses in Korean entertainment.
- She is also known for the drama Missing You opposite to Park Yoochun. And Marry Him If You Dare opposite to Lee Dong Gun.
- She was sick when she was born. Her parents and the doctor thought she would not survive.
- When she recovered, her parents registered her birth on February 26, 1982 instead of her actual birth date November 22, 1981
- Her parents were divorced and she was raised by her mother.
- She rose to fame in Korea and throughout Asia after playing in the drama Endless Love: Autumn in My Heart.
- She became the first Asian actress to sign a contract with French global agency Effgies, paving the way for her possible entry into the European market.
- She was discovered after winning a talent audition organized by MBC in 1994, then made her acting debut in the drama series War and Love in 1995.
- Her first major role was in the 1996 film The Gate of Destiny, but she was replaced in the middle of filming due to her limited acting skills.
- In 2002, she reunited onscreen with Bae Yoong-joon (she previously had a supporting role in his 1996 drama First Love) that she would star in her most famous, iconic role. It is the second installment of Yoon Seok-ho seasonal dramas, Winter Sonata which became a phenomenal hit throughout Asia and has been credited as one of the initiators of the Korean Wave.
- She worked with Kwon Sang-woo in the drama Stairway to Heaven. She is the older version of Han Jung-suh.
- She also play in the korean remake of Japanese drama Kaseifu No Mita. It is known as a Suspicious Housekeeper in Korea. She played the character of an, an icy and stoic yet amazingly capable housekeeper who comes to work for a recently widowed father and his four children.
- She majored in aerobic dance at Pusan Women's College. She later enrolled in Hanyang University's Department of Theater and Film and completed her first year; however she had to withdraw from college studies due to her hectic work schedule.
- She is best known for playing the role of an evil stepsister of Choi Ji Woo in the drama Stairway to Heaven.
- She is the older sister of actor Lee Wan, who also appeared in the Korean drama Stairway to Heaven.
- In 1999, she moved to Seoul to attend college at the prestigious Seoul National University, where she became the president of the SNU Women's Ski Club. In 2005, she graduated from SNU with a bachelor's degree in Fashion Design.
- She is one of the most popular and in-demand product endorsers in Korea.
- On 2 January 2013, her agency confirmed her relationship with singer/actor Rain, stating, "It is true that they are dating, but at the present time they are slowly beginning to get to know each other with good and positive feelings," and "It has been about a month since they began dating.
- In 2013, she starred in her first period drama Jang Ok-jung, Living By Love, as the infamous royal concubine Jang Hui-bin. This was followed by another period role, as the wife of famed Chinese calligrapher Wang Xizhi in the Chinese television drama of the same title.
- She is also known in the drama, Iris, My Princess and Love Story in Harvard..
- Shin Min-a began her career as a model for teen magazine KiKi in 1998, then appeared in several music videos for k-pop boyband g.o.d., until her acting debut in 2001.
- She quickly rose to stardom, through the high school martial arts comedy Volcano High with Jang Hyuk.
- She took on a supporting role in Kim Ji-woon's film noir A Bittersweet Life, reuniting her with previous Beautiful Days co-star Lee Byun-hun.
- She is best known for her portrayals of supernatural horror icons revamped into endearingly innocent yet spunky heroines in the rom-com My Girlfriend Is A Nine-Tailed Fox in 2010 and the historical drama Arang and the Magistrate in 2012.
- She is one of the most in-demand and highest paid commercial endorsers in South Korea.
- She is notable among her forays into branded entertainment is the 2008 multi-episode Summer Days opposite Hyun Bin and Ryoo Seung-bum for LG Xnote featuring music by You Hee-Yeol.
- In 2011, she was chosen as the first Asian model for the DIY Project ad campaign of American clothing brand Rag & bone, then was subsequently featured in The New York Time's T Magazine.
- She is best known amongst international viewers for playing Gil Ra-im in SBS's romantic comedy Secret Garden.
- She is one of South Korea’s most sought after actresses, known for her versatility in pulling off roles in various genres such as action (including martial arts), comedy, drama and sports.
- She candidly revealed that she adopted "Ha Ji-won" as her stage name as a favour for her previous manager as it was the name of his first love.
- She made her debut in 1996 with a small role in the teen drama Adults Don't Know.
- She continued to play supporting roles in dramas before making her film debut in Truth Game as a fan club president, winning 2 Best Actress Awards for her first film.
- She starred alongside Hyun Bin in the 2010 Romantic hit drama Secret Garden, winning the Best Actress Award, Netizen award and Best Couple award with Hyun Bin in the 2010 SBS Drama Awards. Secret Garden was highly popular domestically and Internationally, and was later broadcast in 13 countries, establishing the drama's popularity overseas.
- She is known for being willing to take on physically demanding roles.In the action film Sector 7; she performed the stunts herself, even attaining her motorcycle and scuba diving licenses for her role in the film.
- During the shooting for The King 2 Hearts, she completed the martial arts stunts without a double.
- She was appointed as an honorary coach for young athletes until the 2012 London Olympics to promote exercise and to help develop young athletes.
- She received a presidential commendation in March 2014 and was appointed to serve as a promotional ambassador for the National Tax Service for a year.
- In her childhood, she dream of becoming a flight attendant.
- She was discovered on a street by a fashion editor and started her career as a model for Ecole Magazine in 1997.
- She is known for playing “The Girl” in the romantic comedy My Sassy Girl in 2001, one of the highest grossing Korean comedies of all time.
- Her breakout film is My Sassy Girl opposite to Cha Tae-hyun.
- In 2006, she jump into Hollywood to take the lead role in Blood: The Last Vampire.
- Her international name is Gianna Jun.
- She was photographed by Annie Leibovits for the July issue of the American edition of Vogue, the first Korean actress to be included in the iconic fashion magazine.
- She starred with Kim So-hyun in film The Thieves and later on in the romantic comedy My Love From The Star.
- My Love From The Star is marked as her return on the small screen after 14 years of focusing on the big screen.
- She won Daesang, the highest award for television, at the 2014 Baeksang Awards.
- She is married to finance businessman Choi Joon-hyuk.
- On August 12, 2014, Jun has been appointed as the Honorary Ambassador for Korean Tourism.
It's POLL Time!
Akorfa on January 11, 2016:
Yoon Eun Hye will always be my most beautiful Korean actress. Hands down, Dear keep fighting, u are doing a great job and am 100% behind u.
cris on December 16, 2015:
for me my MOST BEAUTIFUL korean actress is YOON EUN HYE that's all !!! NOT PARK SHIN HYE EVER!!!
shylynmahlditha on September 19, 2015:
For me KIM TAE HEE is the most beautiful Korean actress...
psh phil. on August 30, 2015:
Park shin hye is the most beautiful girl in Korea. Simple and helpful person have a good attitude and most of all she is a natural beauty.. That's why All people around the world loves here.. Fighting!!
shena seviana on August 30, 2015:
Park shinhye ♡♡♡♡ ☆☆☆☆☆
Lara on July 01, 2015:
How can ha ji won be number 2 while kim tae hee and the rest below?? Ridiculous!!!
mary on June 28, 2015:
where is Song Ji Hyo, she is far more beautiful then any of the woman mentioned above, her beauty is classic and universal and should easily have topped the list, can't believe they left her out.
ola on June 27, 2015:
park shin hye
glenda on June 19, 2015:
park shin hye is the best...the most beautiful korean actress...a true and natural beauty...
mary on June 11, 2015:
seriously where the heck is song ji hyo, she is by far the most beautiful korean actress
lavanya on June 11, 2015:
i am a biggggg fan of park shin hye she so pretty and cute and i love the smile of park shin hye i am an indian but i am a biggggg fan of park shin hye all my friends alos big fan park shin hye i think park shin hye as a fan all over the world park shin hye and lee min ho match made in heaven i think lee min ho is the prefect match for park shin hye and psh forever
lavanya on June 11, 2015:
i love park shin hye she is so pretty and cute i love the smile of park shin hye i am in the country of india in the state of tamil nadu i am a bigggggg fan of park shin hye my all friends alos big fan of park shin hye i think park shin hye as a in all over the world park shin hye and lee min ho was the prefect match park shin hye for ever
mikeydcarroll67 on June 08, 2015:
I think these have a chance to have a great career. Personally, I think Shin Min Ah is the best though!
Lily on June 05, 2015:
Park shin hye is the most beautiful korean actress that i've ever seen!!!
Xhyniie (author) from Alegria on June 04, 2015:
Minmin- Suzy is not on the list because she is an idol. I mean, she belongs to KPOP female idols.
minmin on June 03, 2015:
I choose Park Shin Hye and Ha Ji Won as the most beautiful Korean Actresses. But where is Suxy? She is also beautiful.
FreeHelpForFelons on May 29, 2015:
Nice stuff good eye candy. (=-)
Xhyniie (author) from Alegria on May 22, 2015:
Natasha Jewel Lee - Thank you for visiting this hub. I'm glad that you are also a fan of Park Shin Hye.
Natasha Jewel Lee on May 22, 2015:
Park Shin Hye so well deserved...