10. Lin Chi-ling
DOB: November 29, 1974, in Taipei, Taiwan
She is a Taiwanese model and actress. As of 2006, Lin has served as an official spokesperson for both China Airlines and Longines.Lin's unusually fast rise to fame was noted by one Taiwanese commentator, who coined the phrase "The Lin Chi-Ling Phenomenon".
Taiwanese media reported Lin as #1 model in the "Richest Celebrities [in Taiwan]" list in 2007, with estimated earnings of TWD$60,000,000 (≈ AU$2,100,000 ≈ CA$1,900,000 ≈ UK£906,000 ≈ US$1,900,000), in which Jay Chou appeared as #1 male singer (with over TWD$100,000,000) and Jolin Tsai appeared as #1 female singer (with nearly TWD$100,000,000).
- International Artist Credibility Award", 2nd International Television Commercial Arts Festival in 2006
- "Hong Kong Style Icons", Hong Kong Trade Development Council in 2006
- "Top Ten China Beauty", 5th International Beauty Week in 2006
- "Best Fashion Icon at the 2nd Entertainment Award at Beijing in 2007
- "Most popular New Actress", Baidu Award in 2008
- "Best New Actress", Sina Award in 2008
- "Best Asia Star Award", Asia Model Festival awards at Korea in 2009
- "Most Influential Charity Icon", Charity Star Award in 2009
9. Bianca Bai
DOB: 23 October 23, 1982
She is a Taiwanese model and actress. She graduated from Shih Hsin University and started her career as a model with Catwalk Modeling Agency before becoming an actress. She was nominated in 2010 for Best Leading Actress in a Television Series at the 45th Golden Bell Awards for her role in Shining Days.
8. Amber Kuo
DOB: February 19, 1986.
She is a Taiwanese Mandopop singer and actress. She graduated from National Taipei University with a bachelor's degree in social work in 2008. In November 2013, she publicly opposed same-sex marriage due to her Christian background.
She was nominated in 2010 for Best Leading Actress in a Television Series at the 45th Golden Bell Awards for her role in The Happy Times of That Year.She was awarded Best New Actor at the 12th Taipei Film Festival in 2010 for her role in Au Revoir Taipei.
7. Ella Chen
DOB: June 18, 1981, Pingtung , Taiwan
She is the oldest member of Taiwanese girl group S.H.E. Her name 'Ella', which means courage, was given after the personality test given by HIM Management Co. Her English name before entering the industry was Water.
During her career with S.H.E, Ella has been the most accident-prone member. On July 29, 2003 she was sent to the hospital after jumping from the third story of a building and injuring her spine while filming a variety program as the two other members refused to jump. She returned three weeks later to promote Super Star. In 2005, during the filming of Reaching for the Stars, Ella burned her ears and hair on a candle, prompting crew members to send her to the National Taiwan University Hospital.In order to recover, Ella stayed away from filming for two days, during which she cut off approximately two centimeters of burnt hair on both sides of her head.
In 2007, Chen was voted by online fans as Taiwan's most down-to-earth (unpretentious) artist.Out of the three members of S.H.E, Ella is the most outspoken. Netizens even labelled her one of China's Four Main Tomboys of the past century.
6. Barbie Hsu
DOB: October 6, 1976
She is a Taiwanese actress and singer. She is best known for her role as Shan Cai in Taiwanese drama Meteor Garden, an adaptation of the Japanese manga Hana Yori Dango and Mars with Vic Chou of F4.
She has also acted in movies, her first being the Chinese movie The Ghost Inside. She also had a singing career prior to her acting career. She was in a duo group called "S.O.S." (Sisters of Shu) with her sister Dee Hsu. Their last album was called Abnormal Girls. Due to the nature of the term S.O.S, they changed their group name to ASOS (A Sisters of Shu).
5. Joe Chen
DOB: April 4,1979
She is a Taiwanese actress, singer and model. She is the co-leader of Taiwanese group 7 Flowers and is also the first female member of the talent agency Jungiery. Her interest lies mainly in acting and writing and she does well in both fields.
She was the female lead in the 2nd highest-rated Taiwanese drama "The Prince Who Turns Into a Frog" and was a hostess in two TV shows -- "Treasure Hunter". In 2008 she once again rose to stardom in a new drama "Fated To Love You", which broke the ratings record of "The Prince Who Turns Into a Frog".
In 2013, her popularity rose in China, where she gained a large number of fans, when she appeared in "Swordsman" as Dongfang Bubai.
- 43rd Golden Bell Awards (2008) Nominee - Best Leading Actress - Joe Chen - Fated to Love You
- 2009 QQ Entertainment Awards Winner - Favorite TV Actress (HK, TW) - Joe Chen
- 2008 QQ Entertainment Awards Winner - Best TV Actress (HK, TW) - Joe Chen
- 2007 QQ Entertainment Awards Winner - Favorite TV Actress (TW) - Joe Chen
- 2010 Hua Ding Awards Winner - Best Actress (City TV Series) - Joe Chen
4. Kelly Lin
DOB: October 29, 1972, Republic of China
She is a Taiwanese actress and model who has appeared mainly in Hong Kong films.
Lin initially wanted to be a singer and has already recorded demo tapes for a record company, but she was given numerous offers for modeling on television and print ads. She was hailed by FHM as "Asia's Sexiest Woman" in 2002, and has graced the cover of numerous fashion magazines in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and China. She has also appeared on copies of Marie Claire - French Edition (2005) and VOGUE Italia (2007).
- Best Actress Nominee- 2008 Berlin Film Festival (Germany) Sparrow
- Best Actress Nominee - 2007 Venice Film Festival (Italy) Mad Detective
- Best Actress Nominee - The 29th Hundred Flowers Film Awards (2008) The Tokyo Trial
- Best Supporting Actress Nominee- 26TH Hong Kong Film Awards After This Our Exile
- Best Supporting Actress Nominee -2006 HongKong Bauhulian Awards After This Our Exile
- ELLE Magazine's Most Fashionable Chinese Actress (2006)
- FHM's Sexiest Asian Woman (2002)
3. Cheryl Yang
DOB: December 12, 1977
She is a Taiwanese actress. She joined the entertainment scene at the age of 14 when she filmed her first commercial. Cheryl officially joined the entertainment industry in November, 2001. Not long after she started her career, she had filmed a music video together with Andy Lau, whom was one of the most famous artist in the entertainment industry and also a Mode Marie lingerie commercial which made her become the center of attention in the industry. She rose to prominence when she filmed the Taiwanese drama, My Queen in 2009 with actor Ethan Juan.
2. Rainie Yang
DOB: June 4, 1984
Sheis a Taiwanese singer, Golden Bell Awards actress and TV host. She began her career in 2000, as a member of Taiwanese quartet girl group 4 in Love, where she was given the stage name of Rainie, matching the weather theme of each member. The group's popularity in the music industry was mediocre and they achieved limited success. After the group disbanded in 2002, Yang continued to pursue a career in the entertainment industry as a TV host, hosting shows such as "Guess Guess Guess" variety show.
- 2005 Metro Radio Hits Music Awards
- IFPI Hong Kong Album Sales Awards IFPI
- 2006 Metro Radio Mandarin Hits Music Awards
- IFPI Hong Kong Album Sales Awards IFPI
- 6th Global Chinese Music Chart Awards
- HITO Radio Music Awards HITO
- Hong Kong TVB8 Awards
- Metro Radio Hits Music Awards
- YAHOO! Search Awards
- 43rd Golden Bell Awards ,
- Singapore Hit Awards
- 2010 45th Golden Bell Awards
- Taiwan Next Magazine Entertainment Award
- Channel V's Music Chart Award
- 17th Global Mandarin Chart Music Award
- 3rd Global Chinese Golden Chart Awards
- 2013 MTV Europe Music Awards
1. Ariel Lin
DOB: October 29, 1982.
She is a Taiwanese actress and singer, who won Best Leading Actress in a Television Series at the 43rd and 47thGolden Bell Awards. She majored in Korean and Literature at National Chengchi University, Taiwan.
She was first discovered in a Taiwanese contest called the pretty subway girl contest and she was the champion. She was paired with Mike He in the television drama series Love Contract. After starring in several television roles in Taiwanese dramas and two films during the early 2000s, she rose to fame in 2005 for her role as Yuan Xiangqin in It Started With a Kiss. Lin was also praised for her work inTokyo Juliet (2004) as Lin Laisui with Wu Chun and Simon Yam.
Her performances in The Little Fairy (2005) as The Seventh Fairy Maiden and The Legend of the Condor Heroes (2008) as Huang Rong brought her increased popularity in Mainland China. In October 2008, Lin won Best Leading Actress in a Television Series for They Kiss Again at the 43rd Golden Bell Awards. In 2008, she reunited with Joe Cheng, her co-star for It Started With a Kiss and They Kiss Again, in Love or Bread.
- 40th Golden Horse Awards Best Leading Actress Love Me, If You Can
- 43rd Golden Bell Awards Best Leading Actress in a Television Series They Kiss Again
- Modern Shanghai Awards 2009 Female Artist of the Year
- Yahoo! Asia Buzz Awards (HK) Yahoo!
- 2010 Sprite Original Music Billboard Awards Best New Talent Award
- 2010 Sprite Original Music Billboard Awards ,Media Recommended Award
- 47th Golden Bell Awards Best Leading Actress in a Television Series
Let's hear your opinions by answering the poll below!
regz on December 17, 2017:
Jackson Oz on August 17, 2017:
where is SHU QI ???
she is one the most Beautiful actresses of Taiwan.
Apparently, she is also the highest paid actress in Asia Region.
Selina on August 02, 2017:
Joanne Trent and Alice Ke
Alex Lee on October 08, 2016: