No one will ever forget how Michael Scott, the former regional manager of Dunder Mifflin Paper Company, managed to run the most profitable branch despite his unorthodox ways. He's been described as lazy, racist, feminist, stupid, tacky, and has been called an idiot many times. However, he sticks his neck out for his employees and will be forever missed.
1. Michael can't believe that Daryl, the african-american supervisor of the warehouse, has impressed the new CEO with his ideas. He asks, "Does her family owe you for a past injustice or something ?".
2. Upon hearing the news that Phyllis had been flashed in the parking lot, Michael can't stop laughing, asking "Did they even see Pam, or Karen from behind ?".
3. In the episode "Gay Witch Hunt", Michael realizes that his accountant, Oscar, is a homosexual. This makes him uncomfortable, but after Oscar calls corporate, the manager lets everyone know that "Corporate has made it my responsibility today to put an end to 10,000 years of being weirded out by gays".
4. Michael's hatred for the HR rep, Toby, was never more evident than when he made a statement during one of the hundreds of conference room meetings: "And if i had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden and Toby, I would shoot Toby twice".
5. Another insult about Toby - “Toby is in HR, which technically means he works for corporate, so he’s really not a part of our family. Also, he’s divorced, so he’s really not a part of his family.”
For each question, choose the best answer. The answer key is below.
- Michael gave one of his former girlfriends a picture of himself airbrushed into her family picture. Who was it ?
- His former boss, Jan
- His real estate agent, Carol
- Pam's mother, Helene
- The office HR rep, Holly
- What is Michael's middle name ?
- His real estate agent, Carol
What Was He Thinking ?
1. Michael decides to kidnap the pizza delivery guy, hoping that he can force him to take a coupon to save money. Instead, the stubborn young man is able to communicate his plight via webcam and force his captors to turn him loose and pay the bill.
2. Stunned that Toby has returned from Costa Rica, the self-proclaimed "World's Best Boss" tries to frame him by buying a bag of weed, but instead he mistakenly purchases caprese salad from the workers at Vance Refrigeration. When the police show up to investigate, he realizes how foolish his idea had been.
3. In preparation for the birth of Jan's daughter that was fathered by a sperm donor, Dwight is chosen to give birth to a watermelon, but Michael drops the fruit while trying to deliver it. The artificial child had been covered with butter since "newborns are slippery".
4. After getting complaints about his constant PDA with Holly, he suggests that they set up designated closets throughout the office for making out.
5. Determined to wow Holly with his marriage proposal, Michael writes a message with gasoline and is going to light it on fire to impress her. Luckily, Pam gets there in time to stop him from igniting the parking lot.
6. After promising to put a class of underprivileged children through college 10 years ago, the time has come to let them know that he won’t actually be able to follow through with his promise.. He offers to make up for it by giving them laptop batteries so they can take online classes on a computer that they buy themselves.
Michael prank calling Ryan
The Michael Scott Paper Company
One of the best storylines of the series was when he quit the company and decided to start up his own paper business. Although he invited everyone from Dunder Mifflin to join him, only Pam was bold (or crazy) enough to join him on the new career path. Ryan was also recruited to join the team despite his shady past since he was still considered to be a best friend to his former boss. Although they stole away some clients from their competitor, they eventually ran out of money. However, some quick thinking from Jim helped the three members get their original jobs back with the Scranton branch.
1. Michael airbrushes himself into a family picture of his girlfriend Carol and her children.
2. Even after finding out that she is married, he continues to see Donna, even going to a little league baseball game to talk to her husband as a "fan" of the team.
3. Not long after breaking up with Jan, she arrives at the office flaunting her breast augmentation, which prompts Michael to suddenly want to give her another chance.
4. The boss can't tell the difference between two asian girls that he brings to a christmas party, so he put a mark on his date's arm to help him remember.
5. When Michael learns that Helene is 58 years old, he proceeds to awkwardly break up with her at the lunch table, saying that he is "robbing the grave." Later, this gets him slapped in the face by a very angry Pam.
Finally, after all these years, he found true love and moved to Colorado with Holly. He will be forever missed.
You might be the boss of Dunder Mifflin if you....
....hate Toby so much that you are willing to buy weed (that was actually caprese salad) to try to get him into enough trouble to be fired.
... dress up like Willy Wonka for a promotion that backfires and then try and blame Dwight for being the actual fan of the movie.
... pretend to be a former prisoner to show that life at work is much better than life in prison.
... dress up like a fat person (Michael Clump) to show that being fat is bad.
... get a cold sore on your lip and then contact everyone you have ever kissed, including Oscar, to let them know that they may have "hirpees".
- The Office (TV Series 2005–2013) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDb
The Office (TV Series 2005–2013) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more.
- The Office - NBC.com
The Office is a hilarious documentary-style look into the humorous and sometimes poignant foolishness that plagues the world of 9-to-5.
It was a great moment to see our favorite regional manager return for a cameo in the series finale. The show should go down as one of the best all-time comedies in television history. After nine seasons and several cast changes, it all came to an end in May 2013. It's a safe assumption that there will never be another boss like Michael Scott. It took Dwight 9 seasons to fulfill his dream of replacing Michael someday, but it did happen. If you have never seen the show, start on season 1 and enjoy yourself.
Congratulations on a job well done !
Popular movies with Steve Carell
2004 Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (as character Brick Tamland)
2005 Bewitched ( Uncle Arthur)
2005 The 40-Year Old Virgin ( Andy)
2007 Evan Almighty ( Evan Baxter)
2010 Date Night (Phil Foster)
2011 Crazy, Stupid, Love (Cal Weaver)
2013 The Incredible Burt Wonderstone (as the title character)
Feedback is always welcome and appreciated !
Dwayne Smith from Tallapoosa, GA. on May 08, 2013:
Quote #4! Ha!