Jerry Seinfeld—Jerry Seinfeld
Everyone has a different take on what makes a successful sitcom. It all depends on what you like. Some would look too traditional shows like The Brady Bunch, Happy Days, Family Ties, The Cosby Show, Full House, and Family Matters. These are shows that build their comedy around a multiple-kid family element. Others will build the comedy around the main character or characters being serial daters. Look at shows like Three’s Company, Friends, Seinfeld, Frasier, Sex in the City, Hot in Cleveland, Cheers, Two and a Half Men, and Entourage to name a few. I just feel like some of the best ones are built around or contain serial daters.
Fans find these characters' carefree lifestyles intoxicating. It appeals to the adventurous side of us. Their adventures are entertaining and far more exciting than shows about married people or people in long-term relationships. I’m not saying those shows aren’t successful, because they are. I think history has shown that even in those shows, there is a character that is a serial dater or unlucky in love, which leads to a lot of failed relationships. I will focus on some of my favorite serial daters and their top relationships/dates/hookups.
My first sitcom of choice is one of the greatest comedies of all time, Seinfeld. It ran for 9 seasons. It was a critical and commercial success. The cast of this show were notorious serial daters. They would break up with people for the silliest reasons. Jerry once broke up with a girl because she didn’t laugh. In all fairness, that's weird and he's a comedian, so it could mess with his creative flow. George on the other hand usually gets dumped for legitimate reasons. He too has broken up with women for lame reasons, but he's usually on the wrong end. Elaine and Kramer are like Jerry and they break up with people for silly reasons.
Jerry always landed attractive ladies because he was a comedian and had the gift of gab. Jerry is an uncaring, unemotional narcissist and that’s why we love him. He never seems to take anything too seriously. He barely works and never stresses over money. He’s a comedian and has more free time than his friends. Jerry’s comedic background aids him in landing some pretty attractive women.
My 1st serial dater is Jerry Seinfeld. George will be 2nd in the following hub. Here is a list of Jerry’s top 10 girlfriends/dates. What are my criteria? Just what appeals to me. It’s my hub!
10. Patty—Lori Loughlin
- Seinfeld Episode—The Serenity Now
- What I like about Lori. Lori is the cute and smart girl next door. Which she played a lot early in her career. It is rumored that when she was a cast member on the sitcom Full House, the guys on the show all had a crush on her. Can't blame them. She is very attractive and has a nice body.
- Why I chose Patty. Patty managed to do what no other woman in Jerry’s life could make him care. She turned him into an emotional wreck. That makes her a winner, plus the fact that she’s got that girl next door appeal. After the breakup, he was so distraught he cried, told George he loved him and asked Elaine to marry him. She had that kind of effect on him.
- Lori's career overview. Lori is most known for playing Rebecca Donaldson-Katsopolis on the ABC hit comedy Full House.
9. Meryl—Courtney Cox
- Seinfeld Episode—The Wife
- What I like about Courtney. Courtney has those crystal blue eyes and a sexy voice. She has one of my favorite qualities, a killer smile. If you saw her at a party your eyes are going to focus on her because she's gorgeous.
- Why I chose Meryl. Jerry and Meryl’s relationship started off innocent at first. They dated and had fun together. They are having fun while waiting to drop off their dry cleaning. They have so much charisma together that the dry cleaner thinks they are a married couple and offers a discount. Jerry is so infatuated with Meryl that he likes the idea of her being his fake wife. Why not? She’s perky, funny, and has those intoxicating blue eyes. As usual, Jerry tires of the fake marriage and his girlfriend and offers his discount, to another beautiful woman at the dry cleaner. Meryl was special enough to make Jerry excited about the idea of marriage. So, she's special.
- Courtney's career overview. We first got a glimpse of Courtney when she appeared in the Bruce Springsteen video Dancing in the Dark. She was the young woman he pulled on the stage to dance with him. Courtney has done numerous movies, and TV show appearances as well as starring roles in several long-running TV series. She is most known for playing the role of Monica Geller on the NBC hit sitcom Friends. Friends ran for 10 Seasons.
8. Elaine-Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Seinfeld Cast Member
- What I like about Julia Louis. Julia Louis-Dreyfus is the best. She is one of my favorite TV actors. Her comic timing is amazing. She can be cute and sexy. There are times when she's adorable, but in the next breath can be tough as nails. She knows how to turn on the sexy. Just watch the episode where she leaves the message on Jerry's tape recorder. It wasn't just Jerry, George and Kramer that got hot for her.
- Why I chose Elaine . Elaine is that woman that guys want to date because she's just like us. She's easy to talk to and so forth and so on. But you really don't want to date her because she's like us. But we like her because she is. It's so confusing. Elaine is awesome. How can someone not like her? One of my main reasons for choosing her is the episode where she leaves the sexy message on Jerry's tape recorder. That and she likes to get down. If you know what a mean, but responsible enough to not waste a sponge.
- Julia's career overview. Julia Louis Dreyfus walks on screen and they hand her an Emmy. That's just how good she is. It doesn't matter, she will kill in practically everything. She started on Saturday Night Live where she was a cast member from 1982-1985. That's where she even met her husband Brad Hall, who was a cast member as well. Julia has done only a few movies, starred and guest starred on quite a few successful TV shows. She is most known for playing Elaine. She was a main character for all 9 Seasons of the show's run. She had a successful 4 Season run as the lead in the CBS sitcom The New Adventures of Old Christine. Where she received an Emmy for that role. She portrayed the character Selina Meyer on the critically acclaimed HBO series VEEP. Julia has won the Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series 7 times. 6 times for Veep and 1 for The New Adventures of Old Christine. She has been nominated 9 times. She has won the Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series once. She won for being Elaine. She was nominated 7 times for playing the role. I wasn't lying when I said she walks on screen and they give her an Emmy. The truth is, she deserves it.
7. Sidra—Teri Hatcher
- Seinfeld Episode—The Implant
- What I like about Teri. Teri is hot and sexy. Not to be confused with hot and heavy. I always thought Teri had a solid body. My friend was crazy about her until he saw her naked in the movie Heaven's Prisoners. He lost interest in her. He felt that she was unspectacular. I thought he was crazy and I still do. She's got the goods in my book.
- Why I chose Sidra. You want to high-five Jerry for being able to get a date with her. She is one of the reasons why I found Jerry annoying at times. Don't get me wrong Jerry's the man. Without him, this hub wouldn't exist, but he broke it off with Sidra because Elaine told him there was no way her breasts were natural. Why would you care? Why would you listen to your friend/ex-girlfriend? You know she's going to poison your happiness. She was threatened by Sidra's beauty and she planted the seeds of doubt in an insecure shallow man.
- Teri's career overview. Teri landed the role of Lois Lane in the ABC series Lois & Clark: The Adventures of Superman. The series only lasted 4 Seasons but made Teri Hatcher a household name. She became one of the Queens of the early stages of the internet. She had one of the most downloaded images. During that time, she landed a prestigious role as a Bond girl by playing Paris Carver in Tomorrow Never Dies. Teri faded away from the mainstream until she landed the role that put her back on the map. She played Susan Mayer on the ABC hit series Desperate Housewives in which she was a main cast member for all 8 Seasons. She's more known for playing Lois Lane but her most successful role would be Susan Mayer which she was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series.
6. Alex—Melinda Clarke
- Seinfeld Episode—The Muffin Tops
- What I like about Melinda. She has those incredible eyes that make her stand out. She's got great lips as well. Melinda stands out so much that she shows up again in our sitcom serial daters list for another series.
- Why I chose Alex. Jerry did something stupid. While shaving, he notices that his chest hair is uneven so he tries to even it out. He's not sure what Alex will think when she finds out. Then he sees how much she loves hairless dogs. She's so hot that Jerry can't stop shaving his chest. Kramer begs and pleads with him. That's why she is on the list folks. Jerry would risk being extremely uncomfortable to please her. I don't blame him.
- Melinda's career overview. She had a recurring role on the CBS hit show CSI. CSI ran for 15 Seasons. She also had a recurring role on the HBO hit series Entourage. Entourage ran for 8 Seasons. Melinda is most known for playing the role of Julie Cooper on the Fox series The O.C. The O.C ran for 4 Seasons.
5. Winona—Kimberly Guerrero
- Seinfeld Episode—The Cigar Store Indian
- What I like about Kimberly. Kimberly has a sexy vibe to her and that's why she made the list. She also has a great smile and I'm a sucker for that.
- Why I chose Julia. Everything Jerry could do wrong with Winona he did. This love connection was doomed from the beginning. Jerry does a stereotypical impression of a Native American in front of Elaine's girlfriends which included Winona. They were all appalled and found his joke offensive. Winona was visibly disturbed and left. Jerry just kept going because he's a comedian and he's always chasing the laugh. He didn't read the room. Elaine stops and informs him that Winona is of Native American descent. He apologizes and still manages to score a date with her. That's how cool she was. She let it go and had every right to hold a grudge. Things were good but Jerry just kept putting his foot in his mouth and killed this relationship before it began. I give him credit for being able to turn it around. The odds just were against him.
- Kimberly's career overview. Kimberly will be immortalized as Winona on Seinfeld.
4. Ellen—Christine Taylor
- Seinfeld Episode—The Van Buren Boys
- What I like about Christine. Christine is a cute blonde with a great smile. She's got those baby blues and her personality comes across with a hint of sweetness and a sprinkle of softness. Don't judge me.
- Why I chose Ellen. Ellen is the perfect girlfriend. She's attractive, kind, and low maintenance but that's not good enough for Jerry. Ellen seems a little too perfect. Jerry always has to find something wrong with the woman he's dating. It doesn't help that his friends aren't impressed by her. He thinks he's missing something about her. He meets her friends and they thank him for dating her and tell him she really needed this. Jerry feels like he's dating a loser. Sometimes you have to ignore the outside forces.
- Christine's career overview. Her most notable role was playing Marcia Brady in The Brady Bunch Movie and A Very Brady Sequel.
3. Marlene—Tracy Kolis
- Seinfeld Episode—The Ex-Girlfriend
- What I like about Tracy. Tracy has those amazing lips. They look soft to the touch. I dig it. She's got beautiful blue eyes. There is just something about her.
- Why I chose Marlene. Marlene has that sexy scarlet draw. She's incredibly boring, but you can see why Jerry overlooked that fact. I think Jerry said it best when he said, "She's got some sort of psycho-sexual hold on me." Marlene was George's ex-girlfriend. After breaking up with her, George realized he left some books in her apartment. He asked Jerry if he would retrieve the books for him. He wanted a clean break. Jerry ends up falling for Marlene. Jerry is conflicted because she used to date his best friend. Jerry proves that he is a great friend because he tells George about it. He was concerned it would upset his friend. Jerry is typically a heartless bastard, but it does prove he's a decent guy.
- Tracy's career overview. Tracy is most known for her role as Marlene on Seinfeld. She was last seen in 1999 on the WB network sitcom Popular. Popular ran for about 2 Seasons. The WB is no longer around it merged with fellow struggling network UPN to create what is now known as the CW.
2. Jenna—Kristin Davis
- Seinfeld Episode—The Pothole
- What I like about Kristin. Kristin has that girl next door appeal. She is crazy cute and that little eye wink she does when she's brushing her teeth drives me insane.
- Why I chose Jenna. Jerry knocks Jenna's toothbrush into the toilet, but before he knows it, she has come back into the bathroom and starts brushing her teeth with the tainted toothbrush. Jenna from that point was done. No way a germaphobe like Jerry could stay with her. He tried everything to remove his permanent scar of her using the toothbrush. It wasn't meant to be. That's how sexy she was folks, he kept fighting his instinct to be with her. As gross as the thought of her brushing with toilet water seems. I think I'd overlook it. Come on she brushed and rinsed I’m not an animal.
- Kristin's career overview. Kristin gained mainstream success by landing the role of Brooke Armstrong on the Fox hit series Melrose Place. She was on the show for Season 3 & 4 of its 7 Season run. Her most notable role is Charlotte York in the hugely successful HBO series Sex in the City. Kristin was a main cast member for all 6 Seasons of the show and the 2 movies released on the big screen. She is starring in the revival of the Sex in the City series called And Just Like That...
1. Sharon—Paula Marshall
- Seinfeld Episode—The Outing
- What I like about Paula. There is just something about Paula Marshall. She drives me crazy. I'm a sucker for a great smile which is a recurring theme in this hub. She's got great eyes and a pretty face but it's her smile that makes me insane. She has those lips that appear soft and supple. I've got it bad for her.
- Why I chose Sharon. Sharon prematurely outed Jerry (even though he was never in) after eavesdropping on a conversation he was having with George and Elaine. Elaine noticed her listening and decided to have some fun and present Jerry and George as a closeted gay couple for fun. They had no idea she was a reporter for the NYU newspaper whom Jerry was supposed to meet with. Jerry explains the situation and learns she was attracted to him. She is gold for Jerry. She's a reporter and a brunette who reminds him of Lois Lane. The man is obsessed with Superman.
- Paula's career overview. Paula has been on a lot of popular network TV shows. She's had main and recurring roles. Her longest-running and the most successful role was Allison Brooks on the CBS sitcom Gary Unmarried. Gary Unmarried only lasted 2 Seasons. She is an actress I think everyone would recognize but not remember her name. She's great on TV and annoys me she doesn't have a show built around her or part of an ensemble.
Tell me who would you choose.
Stay Tuned for George Costanza
- Sitcom Serial Daters Part 2—George Costanza
The best sitcoms are built around serial daters. Their exploits lead to so much comedy material. It's a great way 2 introduce new characters. I chose 2 highlight my favorites & their top conquests.