Ara is a Journalism graduate from California State University Northridge who is always looking to explore his writing opportunities.
A Few Photos of Ririka Sutou
A Brief Introduction to Ririka Sutou
Ririka Sutou (also sometimes spelled Suto) was a former member of the girl group NMB48 and a member of its Team N. She was also one of the group’s youngest members being only 19 years old when I first started to write about her life and career. But who is Ririka Sutou?
Ririka Sutou Profile
- Her birthday is November 23, 1996.
- Her city of birth is Tokyo.
- Her favorite foods are lychee and pudding.
- Her future ambition is to be a philosopher.
- She wants to attend Yokohama National University.
- She always wakes up at 5:48 AM.
- On a related note, her exam number was 48.
Ririka Sutou Interesting Facts
- Her favorite color is white.
- Her hobbies are watching DVD’s made by AKB48, reading, and taking part in the special Japanese Tea Ceremony.
- She is skilled at studying, singing, and calligraphy.
- Her debut was made on September 22, 2013 at the 2013 AKB48 Group Draft Kaigai. This is a draft where a group of 30 girls that reached the final round were in a competition where the winners would become part of these groups as a full time member. Typically, these idol singers join these groups through an audition system.
- She has aspirations to be like Japanese singer Amina Sato.
- She likes Meru Tashima.
- She was the only member of Team N to be chosen in a draft.
- Ririka was chosen three times in the first round of the draft by Teams K2, E, and N.
- She really likes The Fist of the North Star series.
- She refers to all of her fans as Senpai.
A Photo of Ririka Sutou Dressed in a Kimono
Her Career with NMB48 Has Been Very Brief
Ririka Sutou has not been ranked in either the 6th and 7th General Elections. And since she is one of the newest singers for NMB48, her appearances in singles are limited.
Sutou has also had a health scare during her career with NMB48. In July 2014, it was reported that she would have to take a hiatus or break from her work with the group in order to have surgery on one of her eyes that had a detached retina.
Ririka Sutou featured in a song with Sayaka Yamamoto
The Importance of the Song Durian Shounen and Ririka's Role in It
The single was expected to be released on July 15, 2014. Sutou was named as the center for this single. This news was announced on June 9, 2015 as NMB48 was performing in their theater in Osaka. The video for this single was shot in Taiwan in May 2015. Ririka commented that when she was announced as the center, everything went black and she felt dizzy. In the video for the song, Sutou is seen eating a durian fruit and the members were enjoying the night market in Taiwan. Ririka Sutou was on the same team that Kei Jonishi and Sayaka Yamamoto were on.
The music video for the song Durian Shounen (Ririka Sutou was the center for this song)
© 2016 Ara Vahanian