Ara is a journalism graduate from California State University, Northridge, who is always looking to explore his writing opportunities.
A Look at Kim Tae Hee in 2008
Introduction to Kim Tae Hee
There is no shortage of talented and beautiful actresses in Korea. Kim Tae Hee is one of those that have talent with looks that will leave you wondering how anyone could be so beautiful. She is known most of all for her role in the television drama called Love Story in Harvard. I started researching about the life and career of Kim Tae Hee back in 2012 or so and that means that much has changed since then.
Quick Facts about Kim Tae Hee
- She entered this world on March 29, 1980.
- She was born in Ulsan, South Korea.
- She stands at 165 centimeters tall.
- She has the O blood type.
- She has a younger brother named Lee Wan. She also has an older sister.
- She is currently signed to the Namoo Actors talent agency.
How This Article Is Structured
Let me just start by saying that this is going to be a little different of an article than some of my other ones that I’ve done. I like to use good quality sources when I write my articles. That’s what a good journalist should do and I was a journalism student in college. So I haven’t used Wikipedia to get my information.
Kim Tae Hee's Early Career & Break From Acting (2001-2008)
In 2001 at the age of 21, Kim Tae Hee made her movie debut in the film called Last Present. Two years later in 2003, her popularity soared and she starred in three television dramas. They were:
- Stairway to Heaven
- A Problem at My Younger Brother’s House
The following year, Kim Tae Hee starred in another TV drama called Fox with Nine Tails: Forbidden Love. In 2009, she starred in the film Iris. Her two most recent TV dramas that she starred in 2011 are My Princess and 99 Days with the Superstar. Kim Tae Hee was criticized frequently by critics and the general public. This led to an insecurity rising in her and she took a break from acting in 2008.
Kim Tae Hee in a Beautiful White Dress
Other Movies That Kim Tae Hee Has Starred In
- The Restless (2006)
- Venus and Mars (2007)
- Iris: The Movie (2010)
- Grand Prix (2010)
Another Breakthrough for Kim Tae Hee? She Thinks So
Upon her return to acting and starring in Iris, the reception that Kim initially got was not much. But as that series went on, the ratings went up to 31.9% which was the top rating in Korea and this TV drama became a huge success all across Asia. There was a movie made based on the series in the following year. Tae Hee thinks that the drama IRIS marked a turning point in her career as an actress.
Favorite Korean Celebrity Among These
Kim Tae Hee Seen Here In October 2013
Other Interesting Facts About Kim Tae Hee
- For the movie Grand Prix Kim had to ride horses but at first she was afraid of them. But the movie did not do very well at the box office.
- For the movie My Princess, Kim chose to play the role of Lee-Sul. She explained in an interview that she enjoys things that are childish and that she likes to think about girlish romantic imagery.
- She also speaks Japanese and has visited Japan many times.
- Kim attended Seoul National University and majored in fashion design.
- It was also during this time that she was asked to do some modeling. A person that was an ad designer found her in the subways. With Kim not being sure what she wanted to do at the conclusion of her college years, she chose to work in modeling on a part time basis.
- In 2000, Kim made her modeling debut when she was an ad model for the product called White. This is a brand of maxi-pads.
- As of 2017, she is married to Korean actor Rain (real name is Jung-Ji Hoon). They have one daughter.
A Map of Ulsan South Korea Kim Tae Hee's Birthplace
© 2019 Ara Vahanian