What matters most in the world of entertainment is the impact it brings to the audience, and the power it holds to spread that impact.
Facts About J-Hope
This hopeful BTS member's stage name was derived from his desire to give hope to fans, and be the hope of BTS. J-Hope is the strongest dancer of the International Korean Pop Sensation named BTS or the Bangtan Boys. Rapping is his main role and he's one of the 3 genius rappers (RM & Suga) of the group. On top of this, he's also a songwriter and producer. He debuted with his septet group in 2013 under Big Hit Entertainment.
Born on February 18, 1994 in Gwangju, South Korea, his real name is Jung Ho-seok and lived with his parents and older sister.
Prior to his debut as a BTS member, J-Hope was already an accomplished dancer for winning first place in the national dance competition in 2008. He has taken his dance classes in Gwangju Music Academy and was part of the underground dance team called Neuron. He has also won local prizes at various competitions. J-Hope's dance skills gave him a reason to audition as an idol trainee where he also showcased himself as a rapper. He was featured in the 2012 song entitled "Animal" by Jo Kwon while he was still a trainee and by 2013, he was the third member to join the BTS group following RM and Suga.
What's In the Name?
J-Hope is living up to his stage name, never missing an introduction that's been stuck and inside the heart of countless BTS A.R.M.Y. Every show, every concert, interview, fanmeeting and practically all types of appearances has his signature introduction "I'm your hope, you're my hope, I'm J-Hope."
Hope is what he truly gives to people, not only as an acclaimed world entertainer but also as a philanthropist. He has donated approximately $89,000 or 100 million Korean won to Child Fund Korea on February 18, 2019 to support the students of his alma mater in Gwangju. Prior to this, he has also donated 150 million won or an estimated amount of $133,000 to the same organization in December of 2018 which was supposed to be a private donation.
100 Most Handsome Faces 2018
Other Interesting Facts
- J-Hope's sister, Jung Dawon is a model for her own clothing brand named Mejiwoo.
- When J-Hope was young, he played tennis and has even won a bronze medal for his team.
- He's afraid of a lot of things and hates being surprised by things that would suddenly appear out of nowhere.
- He hated doing Aego but since his fans loved it, he started to love it as well.
- He hates exercising or working out.
- His motto is, "If you don't work hard, there won't be good results."
- J-Hope released his first mixtape on March 2, 2018 entitled "Hope World," with "Daydream" as its title track.
© 2019 Shey Saints