BTS is not unknown to the world. They came and conquered the world like a courageous warrior. They are not just strong and powerful as a group but each of them also holds a strong personality, individuality, ideas, and power that make them unique and distinctive. They can make things gold only by touching them. Everyone wants to work with them, walk with them. BTS paved its way in the world with hard work, dedication, and faith.
Who are BTS:
BTS is a seven-member Korean boy group formed in 2010 and debuted in June 2013 under the Agency BIG HIT Entertainment. Composed of three rappers (RM, SUGA, and j-hope) and four vocalists (Jin, Jimin, V, and Jungkook) the group derived its acronym from its Korean name, Bangtan Sonyeondan (방탄소년단), which translates as “Bulletproof Boy Scouts.”
Love Yourself & Love Myself campaign:
BTS has always and still is a big preacher of self-love, self-care, and self-worth.
They released the Album Love Yourself series in 2017. Love yourself series is a four-part three albums and 1 video. The series is developed in storytelling way beginning (falling in love), development (relationship building) twist (breakup), and conclusion (epiphany of self-love).
In the continuation of Love-yourself, BTS launched the campaign Love Myself in 2017 with UNICEF which aims to end the violence against young and children. And convey the message that self-love is more important than anything in the world. BTS' message is to help children and teens follow their dreams and find self-acceptance.
First Appearance to UNGA 2018:
As BTS launched the campaign, they got the privileged to speak in the 73rd United Nations General Assembly session (2018) for the first time. BTS becomes the first KPOP group to speak and appear in the United Nations General Assembly. Their speech title was ‘’Love Myself’’. Kim Namjoon BTS leader was the one who spoke on the behalf of all members.
BTS journey didn’t stop here after making speech and love-myself campaign BTS becomes savior for many people. They showed many people that there is no bigger love than self-love through their songs and their own stories.
Life goes on & UNGA 2020:
After the Love-Myself journey, BTS made its second appearance in UNGA in September 2020. 2020 was the beginning of the COVID difficulties where everyone face difficulties and problems including the boys. In the 75th UNGA session, all the members shared the hardships, difficulties they faced in COVID-19, from not being able to see fans and tour canceling to rediscovering themselves. BTS speeches and lyrics always reflect the thoughts and feelings of the septets. Their 2020 speech title was ‘’Life goes on. Let’s live on.’’
They conveyed to the world that we know this moment is difficult but one should not lose hope, keep going conquer the obstacles with positivity, courage, and hope and keep in mind that the best days will come. And the world is not alone BTS is always with them encouraging and helping them in their lives. In 2018, individual member shares their experience with the world.
Positivity from BTS to you:
1. COVID-19 was beyond my imagination. Our world tour was totally canceled, all our plans went away, and I became alone, I looked up but couldn’t see the stars at night. But I remember the word I spoke two years ago “Love yourself & speak yourself.” Kim Namjoon (RM).
2. Cherishing, encouraging, and keeping yourself happy are the most important. In a world of uncertainty, we must cherish the importance of “me,” “you,” and “us.” Kim SeokJin.
3. The room itself was small, but my world and our world, reached far and wide. In this world, we had our instruments, our phones, and our fans. Min Yonngi (SUGA).
4. I knew where I wanted to go, but not how I could get there. All I did to get here was trust myself, do my best, and love what I do. Jung Hoseok (J-hope).
5. My friends took my hand. We comforted each other & talked about what we could do together. Park Jimin.
6. If I give up here, then I’m not the star of my life. This is what an awesome person would do. Kim Taehyung (V).
7. If there’s something I can do, if our voices can give strength to people, then that’s what we want and that’s what we’ll keep on doing. Jeon Jungkook.
One should not give up hope in this time it is difficult to pass but it shall pass too and the bright days will come. We should remember who we are and what we can do. We must love ourselves and keep going. If today we are facing the darkest time of the life. Please remember that stars shine brightest when the night is darkest. It might feel like it's night and we’ll always be alone, but after the night there is always a dawn. Bright and beautiful dawn that carries away the darkness and hopelessness. And we still need this BTS positivity and message from 2020 because COVID is still in the world. We must remember Life Goes On but with the new norms.
Being Presidential Envoy & UNGA 2021:
BTS addressed and participated in the UNGA 2021 as the ’Special Presidential Envoy for Future Generations and Culture’’ with the Korean President Moon Jae-In. In 2021, they not only discussed and addressed love myself but also addressed and discussed global issues like climate change, digital community, vaccines, and the power of youth to change the future. Each member shares their message in a beautiful way.
Encouraging Message For Everyone:
- Due to COVID this generation has lost lots of moments and opportunities but let’s call this generation “The Welcome Generation’’ because these are the generation who welcome changes. Kim SeokJin.
- It is a time to discover life and think about how precious every moment we took for granted. Min Yoongi (Suga).
- Lots of people choosing the environmental field and thinking about how to eradicate the issues and how can we live the future with betterment. Jung-Hoseok (J-hope).
- We shouldn’t talk like the ending has already been written. Many pages are blank in the story of us. We can write the better things in our story. Jeon Jungkook.
- People are trying to find new ways to connect with each other through digital ways. They start learning new challenges, new courage, learning new ways to live and live healthier lives. Park Jimin.
- By finding new things and finding new possibilities we will not lose our ways. We will live with new possibilities and new ways. Kim Namjoon (RM).
- People need to be vaccinated and have vaccination is the only way to meet each other face to face and now vaccination is the thing everyone should get for them and for the safety of their loved ones. And we will meet again face to face. Kim Taehyung (V).
Let make the choice and with every choice, there is a new beginning toward a sustainable life and future. Life should not be stopped due to this situation but it should keep going but with the new opportunity and ways. We should adopt the new ways of life not because we need it but because change is the only thing that is permanent and people should not scared of these times. They are learning and welcoming new ways of life and the future.