Ara is a journalism graduate from California State University, Northridge, who is always looking to explore his writing opportunities.
Yui Yokoyama and Rina Kawaei
What the Focus of This Article Will Be in 2021 and After
As of 2021, this will be a brand new photo gallery of the famous girl group from Tokyo, AKB48. The focus going forward is going to be also about the group’s 45th single called Love Trip/Shiawase wo Wakensai. Also, these photos will include members of AKB48 and its other associated girl groups. What you may have seen before in this article is gone and the focus will be to shift to something much more positive and productive especially since the world is still experiencing upheaval. So what makes the single Love Trip so interesting?
Interesting Facts About the Single "Love Trip"
- This was the first such time that AKB48 released a double A-side single.
- The first week sales of this single was made public on Tuesday morning and not during its usual time during the night.
- Love Trip sold 1,177,769 copies during its first week of release and after that, AKB48 then reached 40 million singles sold.
- Love Trip was the first AKB48 single that did not have any members under the age of 18 in the Senbatsu or top-ranking members.
- Love Trip was the last single that member Nana Owada took part in although she would not graduate until March 2017.
Rino Sashihara, Mayu Watanabe, Sakura Miyawaki, and Haruka Kodama
What is the Song "Love Trip" About?
The song Love Trip has a rather interesting lyrical twist to it. The song begins with a rather interesting chant of the words “love trip.” The song starts with the person being amazed at how the city that they knew completely changed. The small plots of land are totally gone. She wants to take a sort of love trip back to a time where the time was locked in the back of their hearts. She wonders where her love interest is. She remembers that first moment of sorrow under the summer night sky where she met him. She says that he is always smiling kindly in their graduation photo. For the purposes of this analysis let us assume that it is a high school graduation photo. She looks at that photo countless times and this reminds her that it is like a continuation of a dream. She asks what kind of future they imagined. Was it filled with much anticipation? She wants to take a love trip in order to find her lost lover. Symbolically, Love Trip is a song that signifies taking a trip without actually taking a trip. She wonders what she should say when she meets up with him next time. Has she become more honest as an adult? Love Trip in contrast to the previous single is a more upbeat song and it is not likely to make you cry.
Favorite AKB48 member of all time
© 2016 Ara Vahanian