Ara is a Journalism graduate from California State University Northridge who is always looking to explore his writing opportunities.
Basic Information About This 2 Song Single About Love by Morning Musume
The girl group Morning Musume (now known as Morning Musume 20) came out with what was their 54th single called Selfish, Easy Going Jokes of Love/Ai No Gundan. I am listing the name of the single in English first to make it easier for readers to understand. The single was released on August 28, 2013. The single comes in seven different editions. There are 2 regular and five limited editions of the single. The single is actually called Wagamama ki no Mama Ai no Joke/Ai no Gundan. I would be doing a major disservice if I did not write about this amazing song. The single came out just before Morning Musume celebrated their 16th anniversary as a group.
The Limited Edition Type A Cover for the Song Selfish Easy Going Jokes of Love
Some interesting facts about the Song Known As Selfish Easy Going Jokes of Love/Ai no Gundan
- It became the group’s greatest selling single since Koko ni Iruzee! (2002)
- It also became the 3rd #1 selling single for the group. The last time that such a feat was reached by the group was back in 2001.
- This was the last single for the group under the name of Morning Musume.
- The single reached #1 on the weekly Oricon music charts selling 158, 915 copies.
- The single also reached #41 on the Oricon Yearly Music charts for 2013.
- It also became the highest selling single for Hello! Project in 2013.
"Selfish Easy Going Jokes of Love"
About the Two Songs and Especially Selfish Easy Going Jokes of Love
The first song is about a girl that is confident enough that even though she does not really have many friends she does not feel lonely. She wants people to try and figure out what her deepest feelings are and she doesn’t want to be trapped by fake love. Is love sinful? I guess that’s one of those deep philosophical questions but the song Selfish Easy Going Jokes of Love is one of the finest in the career of Morning Musume. In the video for the other song called “Ai No Gundan,” the girls are in the middle of the forest dancing, blowing bubbles and they are doing their dance movements on a huge chess board. Ai No Gundan is a song that has a very important message in it. It lets us know that in order to combat the feelings of loneliness we should show gratitude. It also has the message that if you want to protect someone, do not care about what others think and just believe in yourself.
More Interesting Facts About Morning Musume's 54th Single
Author's note: I have chosen for the purposes of this two song review to divide or break up the series of interesting facts about this single into two parts.
- This is the first single to not have Reina Tanaka performing as a member since the song called "As For One Day."
- The part where the girls are slapping each other in the first song is a sort of tribute to the 1981 song called "High School Lullaby" by Imokin Trio.
© 2019 Ara Vahanian