Sabrina loves to write about love, life, and everything in-between in a candid yet humorous approach.
1. American Horror Story- As soon as I saw this show, I was a fan. It hooks you right away and doesn't let you go. If you're one to get bored quickly with a show, rest assured, all four seasons have different themes and take place in different times periods. Although there is a small connection between some of the seasons, you won't be able to tell right away. This show is wildly entertaining in many ways. First off, the writing is amazing and while it's supposed to be scary, there's tons of humor as well. For me personally, I don't find it scary at all, I could watch this show right before bed and not have nightmares, but for some it might be better to reserve it for the daylight hours or at least not right before you go to sleep. Four seasons are currently available to stream instantly on Netflix and they are: Murder House, Asylum, Coven, and Freak Show. This show has a unique approach because it uses mostly the same cast of actors for every season, although they play a different type of character in each season. So if you are a fan of one of the actors you can be almost sure they are going to be on a season, if not the next one then the one after. Some actors, like Evan Peters and Sarah Paulson have been on every season so far. Others, like Kathy Bates and Taissa Farmiga, only appear in some seasons but not in others. Regardless, you're going to enjoy this gem of a show that leaves nothing to the imagination and keeps you wanting more.
2. Gossip Girl- This has been one of my favorite shows since the day it came out. I have honestly seen the whole series about 5 times in all. It's one of those shows that you have to rewatch every year or two because it's so damn good. If you ever wanted to know what goes on behind closed doors of the elite on the Upper East Side in Manhattan, this is the show for you. Don't get fooled into thinking it's just for the high school age crowd, because I am 26 and love the show just as much as when I was 18. The drama and scandals are so deliciously juicy that anyone at any age would be entertained. The writing is great and there is a lot of humor for a show that is supposed to be a teen drama. The characters on this show are fabulously wealthy so it goes without saying that they have incredible high end designer clothes that are gorgeous and penthouse apartments to die for. This group of actors is also very attractive so you might have a crush or two whether you're a guy or a girl. Without giving too much away, you're going to be entertained by Blair Waldorf whether you love her or hate her. Most people who watch this show are either a Blair Waldorf or a Serena Van Der Woodsen fan. I am a Blair fan and wouldn't have it any other way. There is also the epic romance between Chuck and Blair that will have you guessing until the end whether it'll work out or not. Definitely check out this show if you want to have a good time and be very entertained. Cast members include: Ed Westwick, Penn Badgley, Leighton Meester, Blake Lively, and Chace Crawford.
3. One Tree Hill- This was a long running show consisting of nine seasons that takes place in the fictional town of One Tree Hill, North Carolina. I loved it right away because it has everything that makes a show great: two best friends fighting over the same guy, high school issues, family problems, romance, relationships, and friendships. One of the many nice things about this show is that about halfway through in season 5 it goes five years ahead in time so many changes have taken place and new dramas are sure to arise. The show initially begins with two half brothers who are rivals, but through circumstances and basketball they quickly become friends. One brother, Nathan, is popular, rich, and has it all, while the other, Lucas, is a quiet writer although his basketball talents are just as good. There is also the love triangle between Lucas, Brooke, and Peyton and you're either going to be on Peyton's side or Brooke's. I choose Brooke, all the way. She is a great character who is also a good person, or at least she tries to be, most of the time. Overall, this was a great show that managed to keep my interest throughout with some characters leaving while new ones took their place. Some cast members include: Chad Michael Murray, James Lafferty, Hilarie Burton, Sophia Bush, Bethany Joy Lenz,, Paul Johansson, and Barry Corbin.
4. Medium- I highly recommend this show whether you're a fan of the supernatural or not. When you hear the word medium, you probably think someone who's psychic or talks to dead people, and you would be correct but that's not all this show is about. Allison DuBois, who is actually a real medium whose life this show is based on, is also the name of the main character. She's a regular mom of three girls and a wife to her husband, Joe DuBois. From first glance, you wouldn't think there's anything special about her, but the thing is, she has dreams that foretell events that are going to happen. Oh and she also has uninvited guests in her home who are dead and who she can see and talk too, otherwise she's just like everyone else. If you take away the medium part, this is still a great crime show because Allison uses her gift to help the police solve crimes. There is also the family aspect of the show that I really enjoyed. Patricia Arquette, who plays Allison DuBois, is such a great actress and has such a kind and gentle nature about her that there is no doubt you as a viewer are going to love her. Other cast members of this show include: Jake Weber, Miguel Sandoval, Sofia Vassilieva, Maria Lark, and David Cubitt.
4. Gilmore Girls- This is a great family show that you are going to love right from the start. It takes places in the fictional small town of Stars Hollow, Connecticut. Lorelai and Rory Gilmore may be mother and daughter but they act like best friends. Lorelai is a single mom who had Rory at 16 and has had to make her own way in the world without the help of her wealthy parents. Rory is a smart 16 year old who has dreams of going to Harvard. Lorelai loves to drink coffee and eat just about every unhealthy food there is with her daughter without either one gaining a pound...not sure how that one happens but I blame it on the magic of television. Add in Luke, owner of the local diner and Lorelai's friend and crush, best friend Sookie, wacky grandparents, and other town locals who can't help but be nosy and you are sure to laugh and be entertained thorough the seven seasons. Cast members include: Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Melissa McCarthy, Scott Patterson, Jared Padalecki, Milo Ventimiglia, and Kelly Bishop.
5. 90210- This is the spin-off to the original Beverly Hills, 90210 show of the early nineties. It starts off with the Wilson family moving from Kansas to Beverly Hills, California. It is a teen drama that covers a lot of issues right from the first season such as teen pregnancy, drug use, sex, family problems, and social class among many others. Although there are characters from the original show such as Kelly Taylor who is now a high school counselor, and Erin Silver, who is the younger sister of David Silver, all other characters are new. If you've ever wondered what it's like to go to school with child actors, the children of the rich and famous celebrities, and just the plain rich then you might want to check this show out. A group of friends goes through everything imaginable during the five seasons and you're along for the ride. Cast members include: Rob Estes, Shenae Grimes, Tristan Wilds, AnnaLynne McCord, Ryan Eggold, Lori Loughlin, Matt Lanter, and Jessica Lowndes.
6. Friends- No list would be complete without this classic, and in my opinion the best sitcom ever made. If you need some laughs in your life there's no one quite like Monica, Chandler, Ross, Rachel, Joey and Phoebe to bring the goods. You'll be laughing all through the ten seasons and loving every second of it. Every funny thing imaginable that can happen to a person happens to these six friends throughout the series. The writing is amazing and I can't imagine it being better than it was. I have grown up watching this show and would recommend it to anyone and everyone because I believe it's the best show ever made. Whether you're a true fan who knows the real meaning of "Pivot!" or just beginning to watch, you won't regret it. Most shows start off strong and get weaker as they go on, this show does the opposite, it only gets better as the seasons progress. Cast members include: Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry, David Schwimmer, and Lisa Kudrow.
7. Sons of Anarchy- You might be under the impression that this is a guy show and well that was the intention of the people who created it. It turns out though, the females loved it too and I couldn't agree more. So what can a female find interesting from a show that's about a motorcycle gang? Well there's lots but let's start with Charlie Hunnam. He plays the main character, Jackson Teller, and he's really not difficult to look at. Something about the bad boy with the tattoos and motorcycle who's up to no good that women find attractive. The truth is, Jackson is always trying to be the good guy, at least initially, and that's what we find so likable about him from the beginning. Maybe he doesn't always end up doing the right thing, but his intentions are good. It's interesting to learn about the backstory of each member of the motorcycle gang and there's also the family aspect that you wouldn't expect. Katey Sagal, who plays Gemma and Jackson's Mom is one badass lady. She's going to tell it like it is and make you like it too. I think she is the glue that really holds this family together. I'm only about halfway through this show but I was hooked right from the beginning. Definitely give this show a try because it is about so much more than just a motorcycle gang, it's about family, friends, and loyalty. Cast members include: Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal, Mark Boone Junior, Kim Coates, Tommy Flanagan, Ryan Hurst, William Lucking, Maggie Siff, and Ron Perlman.
© 2016 GreenEyes1607
GreenEyes1607 (author) from USA on January 13, 2016:
Lipnancy- I agree! I love not having to wait months to see what happens...I can watch all seasons of a show in a few weeks.
GreenEyes1607 (author) from USA on January 13, 2016:
Mark Sammut- Definitely give American Horror Story a try...it's one of the best written shows ever.
Nancy Yager from Hamburg, New York on January 12, 2016:
This is the only way to watch series.... all at one time and no commercial interruptions.
Mark Sammut on January 12, 2016:
Have watched a few of these (friends being the most obvious one). Always been interested in American Horror Story, just never got around to it.