Christopher F. Bueno is currently the Dean of the College of Education, University of Northern Philippines, Vigan City.
The term belief is a product of the social experience that is usually shape up by the share knowledge and idea through the use of common sense to interpret the basic social facts in certain ethnic group. Generally this is the definition:
Beliefs are the ideas , viewpoints and attitudes of the particular group of society. They are consists of fables, proverbs, myths, folklore ,traditions, superstition, education and etc. that influence the ideas, values, emotions, perceptions and attitude of the members of the society. They also think and decide on particular course of action which they believe conform on the sets social experience in the society.
The common example of this term is the usage of religious belief .It represents the shared ideas and knowledge about the existence of supernatural order or the divinities in the ancient time. It is a group perception being passed from other generation to the next generation through story telling, folk tales and myths about the experiences of the past on the existence of mystic beliefs. The existence of such thing is usually respected by doing worship to the divinity and deity through rituals, sacrifices and festivities.
This is to recognize the important role about the human cycle of decay through the reality of death and the natural blessing given in the times of abundance of harvest. It is also interpreted by the mystic karma of the divinity and deity when calamities and destruction are present in the ethnic group as a sign of disgust on a particular observe human action that need to be remedied through sacrifice or offering to return a positive energies in the community.
Generally, the concepts of beliefs are presented by the cognitive experience in the collective information along the social views that are commonly presented in these ideas:
1. It has been generated by the group through the explicit thought on the existence of a things based on their observation and perception of social fact.The cognitive thought responds to the social influence as part of idea and knowledge to believe what is being presented to them as information in the family, clan and community.
2. It is factual information generated by the belief system that is qualitative observed by specific social phenomena that relates on the variables in the understanding of divinities and supernatural order.
3. This ancient story foretold by the ancestors that they believe that happened in the past. The myth as a belief system is direct expressed by narrative resurrection that provides better understanding about the tradition and culture of a certain group.
4. The common usage of belief is the supernatural causality related to divinities and other observable social facts. This into transforms the respect of certain deities or divinities by our ancestors.
5. This is further articulated by fictional short story represented by animals or plants to describe the nature of human existence. They are still part of the literature of the ethnic place as a pseudo-knowledge in the preservation of relevant tradition and culture connect with the symbolic presentation of a thing.
Finally, term belief is socially acceptable means to deliver the tradition and culture of certain groups as directed by the knowledge and ideas in their evolving understanding and exposure in the family, clan, friends and other members of the society. This is further transform to a holistic societal belief on the study of institutional dimension in politics, education, philosophy, organization and even in the business and industry.
RELEVANT HUBS FOR THE ACADEMIC ARTICLES AND RESEARCHES ON SOCIOLOGY AND ANTHROPOLOGY
A.CULTURE, TRADITION AND HUMAN SOCIETY
The Basic Concepts of Culture in Sociology and Anthropology http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/basicconceptculture
The Human Evolution and Development http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/originhumanevolution
Areas of Sociology http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/Areas-of-Sociology
The Characteristics of Culture http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/Characteristics-of-Culture
The Concept of Beliefs in Sociology and Anthropology http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/beliefsinsocilogy
The Meaning and Concept of Tradition http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/meaningoftradition
The Definition of Group http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/groupdefinition
Group : Its Nature, Principle and Concept in the Development of Society http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/groupsocierty
B. PERSONAL AND SOCIO-POLITICAL EXPLOITATION
The Social Phenomenology of Human Reciprocity and Generosity http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/The-Social-Phenomenology-of-Human-Reciprocity-and-Generosity
The Defining Moment of Human Freedom and Integrity of the Arab Nations http://hubpages.com/hub/Arab-Nations
The Social Phenomenology of the "Rise and Fall Syndrome" in the Arab World http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/The-Social-Phenomenology
The Contemporary International Politics of the Weberian Dialectics on Religion and Social Class http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/internationalpoliticsoftheweberiandialectics
Human Vanity ( Ethics, Morality and Political Culture) http://hubpages.com/hub/Human-Vanity
The Easter Reminder of our Beloved Father on Greed and Vanity http://savior.hubpages.com/hub/The-Easter-Reminder-of-our-Beloved-Father-on-Greed-and-Vanity
Emotional Attachment in the Power of Love http://hubpages.com/hub/Emotional-Attachment-in-the-Power-of-Love
.The Family-Oriented Approach to Human Development: A Social Equity Model for “Family Empowerment” http://hubpages.com/hub/Family-Oriented-Approach
8 Common Characteristics of the Human Society in Year 2020 http://hubpages.com/hub/8-Common-Characteristics-of-the-Human-Society-in-Year-2020
eman on September 21, 2012:
who is the author of this article? and when It it was published?
i just need it for my reference..