The author intends to share her wisdom that she has been earned through her academic degrees through this article.
Why Dress Code is Important in Schools?
Education is the system where discipline, punctuality, habit, hard work and patience; everything is required. People get educated with time. There so many parameters which lead a student toward proper education. A particular dress code in school is one of the most salient one. Initially, it could be little funny for some people to think about how this formal attire is really related to suitable education. Several certitudes are explaining bellow:
1. Wearing school uniform will definitely increase student focus. It will save their time as they don’t need to think always what they will wear in next day of the class. There is no doubt children and teenagers always stay very elevated about their dress up. If there is no uniform, they will be certainly in thought about their dress up for next day which may distract their basis.
2. Uniform ensures their sense of community in school. When they wear same design dress, they feel a part of a whole community inside them which helps them to intake the taste of the perfect environment for acquiring knowledge.
3. School uniforms can promote safety. When people see any school going student with uniform, it expresses their identity automatically. Student’s priority is top in almost all countries of the world. In public transportation, some seats are always reserved for students in many countries. This precedence establishes their security as well.
4. School uniform can break down class barriers between students. There are students from different families and different classes of society as well. It is never possible to maintain the same standard of wearing apart from setting a school uniform. School uniform will stop disconcerting effect of studies among students as there will be no deviation regarding this concern. Once there will less class barriers, it will corroborate the feelings of equality among them and move forward with their knowledge cultivation. It will create strong demonstration on the only purpose of going to school and that is to acquire knowledge and wisdom.
5. Dress code can limit the act of violence. This guideline will certainly help to overcome any type of violence that may be caused due to socioeconomic variances. As socio-economic deviations will be very less they will concentrate more on their economic and co-curricular activities. Therefore, stay away from fury affairs that will ensure peaceful environment inside the institution as well.
6. It makes simple and easy to get ready for school everyday. Students don’t need to spend more time on it as it is fixed for everyday. As there is no option, thus children and teenagers can’t force their parents to buy many dresses for their school purpose. It removes the burden from parents shoulder, saves time and cost in all ways.
7. Dress code limits the distraction that may arise in the classroom. As we know students will always have some curiosity regarding recent trend of wearing. It will make a huge distraction if civil dresses are allowed in the classroom. There will be unnecessary show offs which may create disturbance in performance of students in the class room. Students are expected to be more creative when they are not anxious about what other students are wearing and also don’t feel stressed to follow the latest trends in clothing. They stay psychologically relaxed which helps them to concentrate on their studies well.
8. Uniform helps to mark the intruder. If anybody outside the school get enter inside and do any criminal or unethical activity, it will be easy for the teachers to trace the non-member due to certain dress code. In fact, it becomes easy to control the students during the time of study tour or travelling from the educational institution. Supervisors can easily head count and keep administer them due to their particular outfit.
9. A formal attire confirms a sense of equality in the class room, that greatly reduce mocking between girls and boys.
10. Following certain dress code in school life helps students to form explicit habits, those they can implement in their university and work life; therefore easy adjustment in any public gathering and professional work place as well.
School life is the time period where the perception of respect and humbleness starts to grow inside a tutee. The purpose of introducing particular outfit is to establish equality and discipline among the students. These are the qualities just require for the whole life indeed!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Benazir Marjan