Some of us may not get our name in the newspaper or magazine, or be in a tv show or movie, or publish a great book, but we can still be known for something great. When someone comes in your path or meets you for the first time or have known you for a very long time, what can they say about you or what would you like them to see in you. Do you just want to be known for the job title that you presently have or much more. Your life should consist more than that. This is a very thoughtful response and one that will change your heart and life forever.
What Would You Like to be Known For?
Whether it's at work, home, school, online, what would you like to be known as?
Would you like to be known as a strifemaker, gossiper, talebearer or a peacemaker?
- As a worrier or as a person who has peace in the midst of storms and the challenges of life.
- As a workaholic, drug addict, porn addict, alcoholic
- As a Liar, cheater, procrastinator, slob
- As a strong person with high values or someone who succumbs to the pressures of people.
- Bold, confident man/woman
- As a person who loves God, loves himself/herself, love others or one that hates God, hates himself and life and hate others.
- As a giver or a taker
- As someone who is genuine or fooling everyone
- As a good father/mother, good friend, good husband/good wife
- As adventurous, one who take risks or one who is fearful, shy and passive
- As an inspiration to others
- As helping others recognize their gifts, purpose, skills so they can make a difference
- As faithful person or faithless person
- As a controller or someone who lets others make decision themselves
- As fun, or a boring person
Goal-oriented and very focused individual
This is not a Hub about only showing our good points and disregarding the parts of us we struggle with. Everyone has good days and bad days and things to deal with daily. But for the most part what do we want others to see in us and about our lives. No one is perfect. Everyone has flaws. What are you aiming at to become?
Would you like to be known for being creative, great chef, inventor, inspiring author, marvelous designer, the best doctor, the lawyer, amazing teacher, fast selling real estate agent, best barista, most honest auto mechanic, the Counselor who never gives up, someone who is good with their hands, etc.
What Do Other People See You As?
- As extroverted, wanting to know people
- As a bubbly person full of laughter, fun
- An Approachable Person
- daring, Bold, Sweet, intelligent, loving
- As a Wonderful mother, a mentor
- The Maid, but you are actually the wife
- Strong man and woman
- As a beautiful person
- As someone who gives their time to helping others
- As someone based on your race and culture- Chinese, Indian, African, Brazillian, German, American, British, etc
- As a short person, a tall person
- A person who transforms hearts and lives
People see me as a nun because I believe in sex and physical touch within marriage only. My neighbors and relatives put this label of being a nun on me. As a result of having knowledge on various topics and busy helping others, sometimes people think I have no problems or like WonderWoman, but I am a woman who have struggles, everyday concerns things and have storms in my life just like everybody else.
What Would I like to be known for?
I would like to be known as a woman who can give wise counsel to various diverse situations and in the most difficult cases ever. Also, to take individuals with a past, low self-esteem and see worth, value and the potential of what they can become and for them to make a difference in this world and in other people's life.
As a Christian, I would like to be known as a person whose presence causes someone to change their lifestyle, bring conviction of sin, repentance and a turn around. And to use my weapon of prayer to change hearts, leadership, politics, children, world issues and to just make an impact in every person who crosses my path.
This is just a sample. Possibly you can write out some of the things you would like to be known for, remembered for and what you want others to see you as.
The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of those depths. ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. It liberates us from pretense, humbles us out of our self-righteousness, and fortifies us for any difficulty life can throw at us. ~Timothy Keller
The strangest part about being famous is you don't get to give first impressions anymore. Everyone already has an impression of you before you meet them. ~Kristen Stewart
Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” – Susan Gale
Things can be really empty in this world, and I don't just mean the music world. It can become a very meaningless place if you don't really understand: 'who am I? Why am I here? What am I doing?' To feel fulfilment and have a deeper level of understanding, personally, that is the most important thing. ~Alicia Keys
This is an article to help you recognize where you are in your life and to do whatever it takes to make any necessary changes and connect with encouraging people to help you in your journey in life, to believe in yourself so you can become all you set your heart and mind out for.
More Great Hubs
- 16 Ways to Break out from the Normal Routine and Liven up your Life
Although having a steady routine everyday is necessary, doing the same things everyday, can take the excitement out of life. Here are some ways to get out from the normal routine to spice up life.
- 10 Tips to Create, Discover and Understand the Unique Person You Are
What makes you unique and different from others? Discovering and knowing what makes us unique is an exciting, journey to be on. Here are some elements and factors to understand your uniqueness.
- Encouragment for Times of Disappointment: Quotes, Inspirational Songs and Much More
This Hub gives encouragement for those who have been disappointed. Take a look at quotes from well known speakers to bring strength and help for disappointment as well as uplifting songs.
- 20 Simple Ways to Keep Your Life and Days Exciting and Interesting
There are wonderful ways to keep your life interesting, excited, amusing, thrilling, adventurous and to keep the dullness and boredom far away as possible. Check out these tips.
Pennington (author) on October 02, 2015:
Great DDE. Yes, I would too. Thanks for stopping by and for your comment.
Devika Primić from Dubrovnik, Croatia on October 01, 2015:
I would like to be known as the the one with boldness and confidence.
Pennington (author) on September 29, 2015:
You are very welcome, MsDora. That's awesome that you want to be known as an encourager. Always appreciate your input and comment.
Dora Weithers from The Caribbean on September 29, 2015:
I'd like to be known as an encourager; as one who helps people make positive changes in their lives. Thanks for the push.