gmarquardt has an M.A. in history and German from SWTSU and has over 30 years of teaching experience at public high schools.
Teachers sure make it tough on you. They have high expectations and those demands can be quite stressful. After all, you're still a teenager, and if you wanted to work for a living, you’d already be an adult! While Mom and Dad take care of you, you might as well have some fun, right? And being stuck at some school while the sun is out and the river is calling is no fun at all. You might as well go ahead and create your own fun while you can, before you find out how expensive everything is. If you are going to be stuck at school, why not get some revenge on those teachers and pull off some great pranks? So here are some great ideas for you. And don’t worry about your education, McDonalds is always hiring.
Want more education stories?
10. While on a field trip, get lost for about three hours. Don’t report in and be sure to turn off your cell phone. When you notice lots of police officers cruising around, it’s time to check in. Just walk right up to your teacher and respond to whatever they say with, "O, you said FOUR-thirty!" Don’t smile or show any emotion as your teacher clutches their chest and falls to the ground.
09. Sign up for a competition and prepare really hard. Make sure your teacher meets with you at least three times a week during their lunch and after school. The more time you can meet with your teacher, the better. During the actual competition, spend all your money on candy and magic cards and do not attend any of the events you so diligently prepared for. When confronted by your teacher as to why you didn’t attend any of the competition, just tell them, "I feel like you didn’t prepare me enough."
08. For one whole week, complete all assignments, homework and projects. Be sure to turn them in on-time and make sure you follow all directions completely and thoroughly. Do the absolute finest work possible. Then, the next week, do absolutely nothing. Don’t bring a pencil, books nor paper. On the third week, complete all those assignments again, to perfection. Repeat the process until your teacher confronts you about it and tell him you are schizophrenic and your better half only comes out every other week.
07. Get every student to skip class and meet somewhere else. Be sure EVERYBODY is in on this or it won’t work. Find an empty classroom or other available room and meet there. Stay in the new classroom and be sure to do some school work such as reading passages in your textbook, doing some homework problems or whatever. Make every effort to teach yourselves something. When the teacher finds you, confront them with, "But you told us to meet in room B-21!" If you make it longer than four days without your teacher finding you, contact the principal.
06. Respond to every question, whether directed to you or not, with, "How is that going to help us pass the (insert your state here) Standardized Assessments and graduate?" If you get any flak from your teacher, tell them you believe that only teaching toward the test will prepare you for college.
05. Once you get accepted into a university, stop doing all work and tell your teachers, "Pssssh, it’s not like you did anything, I’m the one who did all the work. All you teachers do is nag, nag, nag." Be very sure that you‘ve been completely accepted to the university due to some possibly very awkward consequences of this prank, such as suddenly failing for the semester!
04. Meet your teacher when they arrive at school with the following phrases, "Do we have a test today?" "What are we doing today?" "Do we have homework today?" Never, ever say "good morning" or anything nice. Just start every day of the week with a new question about that day’s lesson. See how long you can go before giving your teacher a stroke.
03. Any time your teacher tells you about "real life," or "life after high school," or "getting into college," just remind your teacher that your father dropped out of school in 6th grade and he’s doing just fine, thank you very much. If your teacher tries to counter your argument with any kind of logic or facts, just tell them, "We don’t rightly need none of that highfalutin liberal commie crap in this here town!"
02. When you get into college, write your teacher and let them know that you are successful in spite of their teaching. Tell them that you had to completely relearn the subject matter you were taught because in the academic world, "it’s not like the way you taught it!" Remind them that this is 2013, not the 1960s.
01. Tell your teacher you are dropping out, do so, get a really lousy job, hate it, take it out on your spouse and children, get all frustrated and go to the local corner convenience store, steal some beer, run from the police, get caught, spend two days in the county jail, get out and find out your spouse left you, get really mad and go confront the convenience store manager for having you arrested, push him, get arrested for assault, tell the judge he’s an idiot, receive a sentence of five years in prison, learn how to perfect your robbery skills from an inmate named Bubba, get on probation and steal $4,001 from a string of bank robberies, run from the FBI, get caught by the behavioral analysis unit in less than a week, go to trial, blame the educational system, name said teacher as culpable for your failures and end up in isolation for 45 years in federal prison. That’ll teach ‘em!
Poop on May 30, 2015:
If your teacher is really messy steal things every day and when he searches for them he wont suspect a thing since he has always been messy.
poop on May 30, 2015:
super glue their papers, pens and everything else to their desk!!!!it is genius.
Jazzy Baer on March 31, 2015:
one that I thought of is that you could get dried chopped onions (they look kinda like finger/toe nails to me), put them on your teacher's desk (with a pair of nail clippers to make it more believable), and sit back and wait for their reaction :D (it is probably best to do this while they are out of the room.)
Ella Gauthier on February 28, 2015:
Lol No. 1
smw on March 27, 2014:
I teach in a small town, these are not pranks!! This is real life!!
Claire on December 11, 2013:
i'm like billybuc, laughing at the 1st 9 howling at the 10th one lol I love these but I wouldn't recommend number1 lol
Graham Lee from Lancashire. England. on March 03, 2013:
A nice Sunday morning smile for me. Thank you.
Marie Alana from Ohio on March 01, 2013:
I'm like billybuc. I was laughing, as well. with the first nine. Then, the last one shocked me. I conquer with number 1 especially.
Rochelle Frank from California Gold Country on March 01, 2013:
One thing to reconsider... Mc D's just reported it's worst quarter in 9 years.
donarm on March 01, 2013:
Hilarious, but with that biting touch of truth. Welcome to the jungle!
Donna Hilbrandt from Upstate New York on March 01, 2013:
It's always a proud moment for a teacher when we see a former (or current) student listed in the police blotter. Fun (and sort of accurate) hub :)
Bill Holland from Olympia, WA on February 27, 2013:
I was laughing at the first nine; number ten sent me into howling. Well done.