It is important to understand the differences between your daily life and academic life and that will structure your thought and knowledge. As a student of College/University, you must learn what you want to do in your academic career. By focusing on your future goal will enable you to go anywhere you want.
Communication skill is a solution where you can solve academic problems. It can show you how to develop yourself in an academic career. By recognizing these skills for an academic career, you must try something different which were absent from your previous structure.
Here I put the top five communication skills for academic integrity:
1. Oral and Written Communication:
A student must earn the ability to communicate properly with people. A student who can effectively ask questions and get help from the college/university’s teacher will be successful in life.
- The most effective skill is practicing your presentation. Get your own style and technique to develop yourself.
- Prepare follow-up questions. Be an active listener.
- Learn proper writing method for your academic career. Academic text strategies are the most important things for your career. Practice your writing by using different words and look for inferred meaning.
- For oral communication, it is important to summarize your concept within a good and reliable framework. Good oral communication will help to characterize your nature.
- Practice your composition writing and argumentation technique to deliver your proper idea to others.
- Identify your ideas and share them with your teachers. They will guide you to that direction where you want to see it.
- Good interpersonal relations, presentation skills, and listening skills will lead to success.
- Written Communication Skills: Definitions and Examples
Developing strong written communication skills enables you to communicate with a potential employer or your coworker clearly, effectively, and professionally.
- 27 Top Ways to Improve Oral Communication Skills in English - WiseStep
There a number of ways to improve oral communication skills in English, there are very few that really works and are highly effective. Find them out here.
2. Critical thinking and problem solving:
The term “critical thinking” is analyzing, interpreting, and form new knowledge. It enables us to do more research. In fact, Problem-solving is a part of critical thinking. By using critical thinking you can solve your academic obstacles.
- Formulate and organize your arguments for your assignments.
- Examine ideas and evaluate them properly. Makes sure you make a new thinking against what you know already.
- Academic culture requires an ‘objective’ position of your critical explanation.
- Read more books on your interest, relatable to the academic field so that you can learn something new.
- Art of academic clarity such as: reasoning, understand method and applications, collecting data, and analysis are required.
- Proper time management will contribute more to your skill development process.
- Critical Thinking Skills for University Success
Offered by The University of Sydney. In this course, you will learn how to develop your Critical Thinking Skills to help you achieve success in your university studies. After completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Use critical thinking and a
- Academic Writing: Critical Thinking
- Critical Thinking Skills - Academic English UK
academic critical thinking skills. An introduction to higher-order thinking skills at university. Lots of lessons to improve students' critical thinking.
3. Digital and Information Literacy:
Digital literacy means learn the essentials thing of technologies for your academic field. Such as: Computer, Laptop etc. And Information literacy means your information base should be strong for your academic life.
- Learn Microsoft office/PowerPoint/excel. They are essential elements for an academic career.
- Using software and digital tools for your academic career will help to create a space for opportunities.
- Ability to produce text-image-video, Composition, typing skills are major sides for academic career.
- Make a plan for finding information and solutions.
- Find information and data from books and the Internet. Evaluate your credibility of the source.
- Why is Information Literacy Important? – The Word on College Reading and Writing
- Information & Digital Literacy for University Success
Offered by The University of Sydney. This Specialization is aimed at preparing students for undergraduate study in an English-speaking university. The course equips you for full participation and engagement with your studies by building awareness and
4. Planning and Research.
Without research and planning for your ideas, it won’t help you very much in academic life. Planning and research means to learn how to research academic life. This includes analysis, good communication, methodology(in research), relevancy and accuracy.
- Learn systematic approach and fundamentals rules and procedures. Your research must base on facts and logical reasoning.
- Learn methodology and research design. Learn academic discourses that are created by academicians.
- Learn qualitative and quantitative research methodology properly for a good PAPER!
- Learn about project management. Good analytical skills and self Assessment will help you more!
- Managing your team, IT skills, and time management will provide you a lot of things for your research.
- Advice for Students: 10 Steps Toward Better Research
A little while back, I wrote about ways for students to add a little extra "kick" to their research papers. Those strategies were meant for students who
- Understanding Research Methods
Offered by University of London. This MOOC is about demystifying research and research methods. It will outline the fundamentals of doing research, aimed primarily, but not exclusively, at the postgraduate level. It places the student experience at t
5. Extra Curricular Activities
According to Wikipedia, “An extracurricular activity (ECA) or extra academic activity (EAA) is an activity, performed by students, that falls outside the realm of the normal curriculum of school, college or university education.” It is important for everyone!
- Extracurricular interest that develops social skills, alternative resources, and challenges.
- Extracurricular activities will help you to develop an active lifestyle and you will learn several essential skills for academic success.
- You will earn Self-assessment, leadership, management, and project tasks.
- 25 Most Important Extra Curricular Activities for Student's Development
Mould your personality with extra curricular activites.Check out this list of 25 best extra curricular activites meant for students.
- Complete List of Extracurricular Activities: 100s of Examples
Need examples for high school extra curricular activities? We've compiled hundreds of examples here, from volunteering to theater.
© 2020 Hasnain Imtiaz Sakib
KM ishanul haque on November 24, 2020:
Great thing i have ever read. Glorious