“If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been due more to patient attention, than to any other talent” --- Isaac Newton
The students for sure learn a lot of things in school. The students are cinched to discover, develop and hone skills that will be helpful later in life. The various subjects taught here are also expected to give the students vast knowledge and wisdom. Aside from diplomas and certificates which help a lot in job hunting in the years to come, the school will also equip the students with intangible yet priceless things like learning how to socialize, how to analyze, how to find out the most substantial solutions to problems, how to make concrete decisions and the list goes on.
During his stay in school a student who performed academically are inclined to join extracurricular activities whether it is related to academics, sports, social engagements, environment and the like. Extracurricular activities like quiz bee competition is not an exception especially for those who have showcased immense wit on different field of endeavors. The quiz bee is an arena where the bright ones converged together and will attempt to score the most points after some round to take home some measure of bragging rights and honor. The quiz bee is comprised of different questions extracted from different subjects and topics such as science and technology (physics, chemistry and biology), mathematics (algebra, geometry, trigonometry and even calculus), social science and general knowledge (sports, facts, trivia, current events, entertainment, music, and the like) and information technology.
If someone from your family will join in such competition you may give your full support and motivation since this is a fruitful endeavor.
Here is short list of reasons why it is important to join in a quiz bee competition:
- The participant will be able to master the different topics taught in various subjects.
- The participant will able to amass ample knowledge and wisdom.
- The participant will be able to learn about being resourceful and efficient with the resources he has.
- The participant will be able to appreciate the value of researching and reading books.
- The participant will be able to know how to make decisions and face dilemmas.
- The participant will be able to know how to handle pressure and nervousness.
- The participant will develop well-rounded and plausible habits on studying.
- The participant will be able to learn the value of patience, determination, hard work and self-discipline.
- The participant will be able to taste sweet victory if he pulls through but if he loses he will able to pinpoint the things that he is still lacking in and this will encourage him to try harder the next time he will compete again.
- Win or lose the participant will able to gain experience and exposure after competing in quiz bee.
This article will certainly answer the question, “Why do we have quiz bee competition in schools?” and sheds light on the essence or importance of quiz bee.
That’s it folks thanks a lot for reading. You may give your feedback in the comment section of this hub below.
My 17th hub in the HubChallenge.
- What is quiz bee :: What to do for quiz competition :: What are the possible questions in quiz bee c
- How to win in quiz bee competition
mahesh on March 22, 2016:
we can say quiz is mother of invention ..........
Amanda Littlejohn on March 01, 2013:
I had never heard of the quiz bee before but it certainly sounds like an interesting idea that could help to motivate and inspire a lot of children in their learning.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge.