Vital for elementary, high school and even college teachers and instructors...
If the trademark of a doctor is the sthethoscope, the engineer is the calculator, the teacher cannot be able to teach without his or her lesson plan. Can be tedious on the part of the teachers especially when it is done for the first time, lesson plans are actually very essential in inculcating students and pupils necessary skills, knowledge and wisdom they need.
Here are the essence of having a lesson plan:
- It is a one step backward two steps forward approach. Although can be difficult to do and requires tonnes of effort to accomplish at first, it enables you to save much time in the coming years, since the lesson plans that you just made can be employed over and over again, but If updates are necessary do so though.
- It allows you to manage your time, effort and resources efficiently.
- It gives you a bird’s eye of view of things to be taught and learned everyday.
- It provides the teacher many ways to keep the teaching process not monotonous and redundant. Keep in mind that the time your students spent in paying attention to the class is just equivalent to half of their age, and a lesson plan is the best way to keep the interests of students and pupils interests all throughout.
- Since it is like a script in movies, lesson plans makes teaching mundane and easy.
- It makes you organized whilst teaching.
- You can able to determine when to insert icebreakers and interesting facts and lessons to keep your student and pupils glued to their lessons.
- Variations in the activities are easily whipped up which will benefit your students. Bear in mind that you are dealing with a class that has multiple intelligence, and different activities will cater to all types of students and pupils.
- Lesson plans will easily help you to achieve your goals and objectives, and same can be said on the part of your students or pupils.
- Lesson plans helps you get rid of problems or avoid them.
- It gives you a reality check of your everyday performance.
- It improves the habit and attitude of your students or pupils.
- It definitely improve your teaching skills.
A lesson plan is vital in teaching, it gives you the guide you need to pull through. Remember, that teaching is a difficult since you are dealing with children or teenagers with raw skills, knowledge, and wisdom.
Finally, with lesson plans you will be able to impart the things they need to learn, to the best of your abilities.
- How to Improve Your Lesson Plans and Use it Effectively Best Cross Border Learning
Lesson plans can play a vital role in the teaching process. It gives the teacher or instructor an effective guide whilst handing out the lessons to the students and pupils...
- How to prepare a lesson :: Lesson plan sample :: Different parts of a lesson plan
...Here's the backbone of a lesson plan (with valuable tips and pointers) that can be utilized in all subjects whether you are an elementary or a high school teacher...
appreciable :) on December 12, 2016:
good explanation....your content will be worth to write for "pedagogical aspect of teaching maths" for my exam
firstname.lastname@example.org on December 12, 2015:
lesson planning is very important thing...it help to teach very well.......
NGAILLA on January 19, 2014:
congratulation you have tried to open the mind of the people especially teachers on how to make a good lesson plan that covers all important aspects in a lesson plan.
elb on January 20, 2013:
tnx. . . . .
it is very effective especially for the new teachers.......
gud 1 on November 30, 2012:
it helps in checking everyday performance
email@example.com on October 21, 2012:
wow.. thank you for information...now i know how to make an effective lesson plan..
sonal on September 26, 2012:
well defined points
Hudu samail on July 07, 2012:
A lesson plan allow a teachers to manage their time,effort and resources eficiently.
Myrna on March 05, 2012:
I agree, lesson plans are really important to teachers. But, If a teacher had been teaching the same subject for a couple of years, he doesn't need to write it over again, instead, may "log" or refer to the "lesson guides". You can save time and have much time in making devices
sania on February 05, 2012:
your lesson plan is very good.
Mavish Corp from Hyderabad on January 01, 2012:
vway01 on December 31, 2011:
As a teacher, my use of the lesson plan has been a life saver. It keeps me on track and prevents me from wondering. I am fortunate to have been able to re-use my plans from year to year and adding or deleting items that were no longer germane to the topic.
Patricia on December 10, 2011:
Asking for email adress or references on the importance of the lesson plan
Donna Cosmato from USA on November 25, 2011:
This is a great teacher resource especially for newer teachers who are still trying to set up a routine that works for them. I voted it up and useful.
Gener and Emily Geminiano (author) from The Land Where Salt is Abundant on October 24, 2011:
Thanks a lot moneycop, MARIYAM and LGC for the visit and kind words...
LeeGenchrist from Northeast on October 16, 2011:
Lesson plans are a great reflective tool! I keep all of mine, so that I have a record of what I have taught and the order in which I have taught things.
MARIYAM on August 26, 2011:
I LIKE THIS ONE :)
moneycop from JABALPUR on August 12, 2011:
I never made lesson plan and suffered, so now i will make and then work.
Gener and Emily Geminiano (author) from The Land Where Salt is Abundant on March 16, 2011:
I am glad you like it my friend...
Mohan Kumar from UK on January 31, 2011:
Good advice and a neat listing of important points!