Nebraska Crazy Laws
- Donut holes may not be sold in Lehigh, Nebraska.
- It is illegal to fly a plane when drunk.
- In Waterloo, Barbers are forbidden to eat onions between 7 AM and 7 PM, during regular business hours.
- In Omaha, sneezing or burping is illegal during church services.
- It is illegal to sleep naked in a hotel or motel room.
- It is illegal for bar owners to sell beer unless they are also cooking up a kettle of soup.
- You cannot get married if you have herpes.
- It is illegal for a mother to give her daughter a perm without a state license.
Note: While some of these laws may or may not still be on the books they were at one time in some shape or form a law.
Nebraska Fun Facts and Trivia
- In Nebraska in 1986 for the first time ever two women ran against each other for governorship of a state.
- Arbor Day was started in Nebraska CIty bySterlin Morton in 1872 to encourage the planting of trees.
- Spam is produced in Fermont.
- Nebraska has more underground water reserves than any other continental state is the US.
- The Lied Jungle in Omaha is the world's largest indoor rain forest.
- The fisrt Native American woman doctor, Susanne LaFlesche Picotte, lived in Nebraska.
- Sioux, Pawnee, Cheyenne, Missouri, Omaha and Ponca Indians were some of the first people to live in Nebraska.
- Lincoln county is the origin of the world's largest "Wooly Mammoth" elephant fossil.
- Nebraska is the birthplace of the Reuben Sandwich.
- Nebraska was once called "The Great American Desert".
- Nebraska has more miles of river than any other state.
- There are an average of 39 tornadoes per year in Nebraska
- The Nebraska state insect is the honeybee.
- The name Nebraska comes from a Oto Indian word meaning flat water.
- Friend, Nebraska is the location of the world's smallest police house.
- The world’s largest hamburgers are made at Sioux Sundries in Harrison, Nebraska.
Camping in Nebraska
Bluestem State Recreation Area, Sprague, Nebraska
This is a primitive camping recreation area, it is best suited to tent camping. There is no electricity sewer hook-up or showers. There are pit toilets. There is also a fire pit and picinic table at each camp site. There is fishing, a boat dock, swimming pool and a small playground area for children.
Fremont Lakes State Recreational Area, Ames, Nebraska
This camping recreation area includes: boating, fishing, water skiing, a swimming beach, dump stations, modern bathrooms and showers, picinic tables, shelter houses, fireplaces, playground equipment, water, lights, and boat launch sites.
Holiday Park Camping Resort, North Platte, Nebraska
This campground has many amenities including: laundry facilities, moterns roestrooms and showers, a pool, pull-through shady grassy hook-up areas for RV's and a separate tent area.
Attractions in the area include, but are not limited to: Children's Museum, Wild West Museum, Fort Cody Trading Post, and Cody Park Railroad Museum.
Calaus State Recreation Area, Burwell, Nebraska
The aminities for this camping are are: fishing, modern restrooms and showers, dump station, water, and a swimming beach.
Indian Cave State Park, Shubert, Nebraska
This campsite has some great aminities, including: hiking trails, fishing, modern bathrooms and showers, firepits, and an amphitheater, which shows movies on Fridays and Saturdays.
Natick Campground, Nebraska NF, Nebraska
The aminities include: vault toilets, fiewood provided to each site, laundry rooms, modern bathrooms and showers, computer with internet access, barbershop, general store, playground, picinic area with grill pits, bagged ice, snake and supplies bar, rec room(with treadmill, stationary bike, and stair stepper), and cable TV.
Pine Grove RV Park, Greenwood, Nebraska
Aminities include: wireless internet, swimming pool, playground, horseshoe pit, volley-ball court, tennis court, exercise room, and modern restrooms and showers.
West Omaha KOA, Gretna, Nebraska
Some of the aminities are: free miniature golf, pool, hot tub, snack bar and modern bathrooms and showers.
Crazy Laws Hubs by koffeeklatch gals
- Funny Laws Dumb Laws Crazy Laws
Since I am still addicted to reading and writing about dumb laws, here is the second article on Crazy Laws Dumb Laws Funny Laws for Alabama through Montana.
- Crazy Colorada Laws
Colorado Image from google.com/images This is a beautiful state. Just thinking about it's beautiful scenery is enough to relax you. The mountains, lakes, and fields of wheat cast a soothing aura over...
- Idaho Crazy Laws
1. If you are 88 years or older, it's illegal to ride a motorcycle in Idaho Falls. Senior citizens, keep you motorcyle outside city limits. 2. A person may not be seen in public without a smile on...
- Kansas Crazy Laws, trivia, and Fun Facts
1. In Lawrence, Kansas all cars entering the city limits must first sound their horn to warn the horses of their arrival. 2. Catching fish with your bare hands is illegal. 3. One may not picket a...
- Iowa Crazy Laws and Trivia
1. It is illegal to accept a gratuity or tip in Iowa. Wow, I hope they pay the service field people a great salary. 2.In Marshalltown, Iowa, horses are forbidden to eat fire hydrants. Well, thank...
- Montana Crazy Laws, Fun Facts and Trivia
Beautiful Montana It is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone. In Billings, Montana it is illegal for employee's of the city's communications center to program their phones...
Susan Hazelton (author) from Sunny Florida on March 24, 2011:
Peggy, they are good for a laugh. Thanks for the rating. The old laws make you wonder just what were they thinking.
Peggy Woods from Houston, Texas on March 24, 2011:
I had to laugh when reading these crazy Nebraska laws. Learned some good trivia also. That video was a hoot! Funny rating for sure!
Susan Hazelton (author) from Sunny Florida on January 11, 2011:
Sweetie Pie, some of these laws have been on the books so long that they have been forgotten. Nobody bothers to enforce them, thank goodness. Some of them are left up to interruptation.
SweetiePie from Southern California, USA on January 11, 2011:
It is funny to think how some of these laws are still on the books :).
Susan Hazelton (author) from Sunny Florida on January 02, 2011:
Pamela, I was surprized as you are about the Reuban sandwich origination in Nebraska. I don't know where I thought it came from but that wouldn't have been among my top ten guesses. Thanks.
Pamela Oglesby from Sunny Florida on January 01, 2011:
It is always crazy to read some of the laws of various areas and this has been an entertaining hub. I would have thought the Reuban sandwich came from Europe to some northern state for some reason. Enjoyed the hub. Rated up.
Susan Hazelton (author) from Sunny Florida on December 31, 2010:
fastfreta, a per was shortened when law was written, I looked it up it was really a permanent, which is really just as ridiculous. I like this kind of hub also.
Alfreta Sailor from Southern California on December 31, 2010:
Some of these are so funny. "It is illegal for a mother to give her daughter a "per" without a state license." Say what is a "per?" And the one about sneezing and burping in church, how ridiculous. I really like this kind of hub, as you no doubt know from the trivia hubs that I wrote.
Susan Hazelton (author) from Sunny Florida on December 31, 2010:
dahoglund, sounds reasonable to me also. I'm not so sure about the donut holes law though.
Don A. Hoglund from Wisconsin Rapids on December 31, 2010:
Seems like it is reasonable to outlaw being drunk while piloting an airplane.