Muhammad kyari aji he is a chemist who obtained his bs.c in chemistry from University of maiduguri.
Equipment and their Functions
- Balance: Used for obtaining the masses of solid and liquid samples.
- Beaker: A flat-bottomed, cylindrical piece of glassware used for mixing and heating compounds.
- Bunsen burner: Attached to a gas line and lit to provide heat for your experiments.
- Burette: An extremely accurate device with a stopcock at the bottom used to measure volumes of reagents.
- Ceramic square: Used to avoid burning the surface of your lab bench.
- Clamps: Used to hold a variety of things in place, particularly test tubes.
- Clay triangle: Used to hold a crucible while it is being heated.
- Condenser: Used to collect vapors by condensing them into liquid as they contract the liquid cooled inner surface of the condenser.
- Crucible: A cup-shape container capable of sustaining high temperature. It is used to heat chemicals.
- Erlenmeyer (Conical) flask: Used to hold liquids. The small upper opening slows evaporation, so for some volatile liquids, a ask is a better choice than a beaker. The shape also makes it suitable for mixing and swirling liquids during a titration.
- Florence (Volumetric) flask: A type of ask, generally round-bottomed, usually suspended and heated from below.It's shape makes it easy to swirl and mix liquids inside of it .
- Funnel: Used together with filter paper to filter precipitates out of solution.
- Graduated cylinder: Used to precisely measure volumes.
- Mortar and pestle: Used to grind sesame seeds for cooking and chemical compounds for chemistry experiments, though we recommend using a different set for each.
- Pipette bulb: used to transfer accurately measured amounts of liquid from one container to another.
- Rubber stoppers: Used to close asks or test tubes to prevent evaporation of liquids or escape of gases.
- Scoopula: Another instrument used to transfer solids from one place to another.
- Test tube: Cylindrical open-topped piece of glassware that comes in varying sizes.
- Hermometer: Used to measure temperatures. Thermometers generally contain liquid Mercury.
- Watch glass: A piece of glassware in the shape of a large contact lens used for evaporating liquids.
- Wire gauze: generally used as a surface for a beaker or ask to rest when being heated by a Bunsen burner.
Guidance book for chemistry students...
© 2020 Muhammad kyari aji
Muhammad kyari aji (author) from 1000 housing estate ,maiduguri, borno State on September 29, 2020:
Nice thanks you
Muhammad nuradeen aji from 1000 housing estate Maiduguri borno state, Nigeria on September 29, 2020:
Waw great article