Gradation Graph: Step by Step Guide
Making reports like such is part of my daily activities at work. So in this topic, I will show you the step by step guide on how to create Gradation Graph also called gradation curve plotted in excel spreadsheet:
1. Establish data series.Consider example below as the resulting data of sieve analysis tests of a soil or aggregates.
2. In the Insert Menu, click Chart.
3. Select XY (Scatter) as chart type and select scatter with data points connected with smoothed lines as chart sub-type, and click Next tab.
4. In the data established, set column A as X-values and column D as Y-values. Click Add tab. Series 1 will appear in the box, it will change if you put a name of your graph. Enter values in X axis by dragging down your mouse shown below at column A from row 3 to row 10.
5. Do the same thing for Y-values and click Next tab.
6. In gridlines tab, tick boxes for X-axis, both minor and major gridlines and major gridlines only for Y-axis. Click Next tab.
7. Click Finish tab.
8. This is how it looks… But we are not done yet. Point cursor in X-axis and right click your mouse. Format axis will appear as shown.
9. In Format axis Tab, tick box Logarithmic scale and set Value (Y) axis crosses at: 0.01 scale, maximum: 100, major unit: 10, minor unit: 10. And click OK.
10. Congratulations, you have now a gradation curve. Modification of the curve is very easy when you know the basic.
Bem on November 16, 2019:
Still cant get it am using excel 2016
SM on October 08, 2019:
How do you do a .45 power gradation chart?
Opeyemi Awoniyi on July 29, 2019:
Your tutorial was simple and easy to understand I really appreciate it.
Christopher Ndulue from Nigeria on March 11, 2019: