A Step by Step Guide:
Compaction curve is necessary in interpreting the resulting data of the soil density test either done in field or in the laboratory in where you can easily see the maximum value of dry density of a soil to it's optimum water content.
Here's how to plot the curve in excel spreadsheet:
- Consider the resulting data below for the proctor test done in the materials testing laboratory.
2. In the “Insert” Tool, click Scatter and choose “Scatter with Smooth Line and Markers” as your chart type.
3. In “Chart Layout” Tool, select Layout 1, then Click “Select Data” Tool.
4. Select the data series from left to right as shown below and click “OK”.
5. This is how it looks.
6. Congratulations! Now you have the soil compaction curve.
sirisha on December 10, 2019:
how to het the max dry density from the graph exactly. can I draw a tangent to get the peak?
Hem on February 12, 2019:
It's all right. Then, how to plot mdd and omc lines in this graph?
leakeem from Earth on June 26, 2012:
Nice guide! This is very useful. Thanks for Sharing!