I have spent considerable time studying journal articles about or related to using face masks to control COVID-19.
Face Masks Simply Not Necessary
Put aside arguments about whether face masks work to control the spread of COVID-19, because this is not the main issue.
The main issue is that a level of emergency justifying any such invasive micromanaging of intimate, individual, bodily space has never existed.
The main issue is that healthy people with zero symptoms of illness are not disease threats, because they do not contribute (at any level of significance) to spreading the SARS-CoV-2 virus through the population.
How Do We Measure the Seriousness of a Disease Emergency?
The seriousness of a disease emergency can be measured by two numbers:
(1) Number of excess deaths from all causes.
- If the number of excess deaths from all causes is unusually high, then this tells us that something out of the ordinary is happening.
(2) Number of excess deaths from a specific cause.
- If the number of deaths from a specific cause is unusually high, then this pinpoints the reason why number of deaths from all causes is unusually high.
In the year, 2020:
(1) Number of excess deaths from all causes was not unusually higher than previous years.
(2) Number of excess deaths attributed to COVID-19 was falsely fabricated because:
- (a) The RT-PCR process was misused as a diagnostic test for COVID-19.
- (b) At the height of case reporting, when the number of COVID-19 cases (determined by the misused RT-PCR process) was at a peak, the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) suddenly and arguably illegally changed death-certification protocol in a way that assigned COVID-19 (again, determined by the misused RT-PCR process) as cause of death, more times than not.
Number of US Deaths from All Causes in 2020 Was Not Unusual
Figure 1 shows that the United States crude death rate per 1,000 people declined for many years after 1950 but started to rise again over the following years. Why?
A whole generation (Baby Boomers born between 1946 and 1964) reached the age of 65-and-older, which caused this age segment of the US population to grow rapidly from 2010 onward. Consequently, a large segment of the population approached the age of life expectancy around the time when a so called COVID-19 pandemic was declared. Readers may confirm this demographic shift at the following source:
United States Census Bureau (2020). 65 and Older Population Grows Rapidly as Baby Boomers Age: Release Number CB20-99.
Notice that the death rate did NOT accelerate in the interval between 2010 to 2020, but climbed with the same steepness, starting ten years before 2020, which happens to be around the time the first Baby Boomers reached age 65.
As a large, growing segment of the population ages, we would normally expect the death rate to gradually increase over a period of years, until that segment thinned out. COVID-19 happened during one of these periods. If we translate the above illustrated crude death rates into deaths per hundred thousand people, then the sequence of years looks like this:
- 2017 -- 860 deaths per 100,000
- 2018 -- 870 deaths per 100,000
- 2019 -- 880 deaths per 100,000
- 2020 -- 890 deaths per 100,000
Where was the emergency in 2020 requiring intimately invasive, draconian measures to cover the face of every human being in society?
If an excessive number of people were not dying, then there was no health emergency above and beyond the norm. No such emergency ever existed in 2020.
A person does not need an assessment of face mask effectiveness to determine here that there was zero need to entertain even the remote possibility that masks might be somewhat effective. There simply was no rational foundation for invoking the concept of mass masking. The question of whether masks worked was irrelevant -- as irrelevant as asking whether flotation vests would have been effective to prevent drowning, while shopping at Walmart. The situation simply did not call for consideration of any such measure to begin with.
Figure 2 shows that the upper bound of projected age adjusted deaths for year 2020 from all causes (including deaths attributed to COVID-19) was slightly less than the number of deaths from all causes for year 2003.
After 2003 (between 2003-2020), the age adjusted death rate steadily declined slightly for the next seventeen years prior to 2020. The small upward rise during 2020, relative to those previous seventeen years of lower rates, created the perception of a higher death rate in 2020. This perception of a higher death rate in 2020 rested on a very shortsighted point of view.
The fact is that death rates nationally were not extraordinarily higher. Death rates did not warrant excessive government actions to mandate intimately invasive face coverings on all people, in response to an alleged COVID-19 pandemic. Again, no death crisis indicative of a health emergency ever existed in 2020. Face masks, therefore, had (and have, as of this writing) zero basis in reality.
Number of US Deaths Attributed To COVID-19 Was Falsely Fabricated
Figure 3 (above) illustrates effects of the previously mentioned change in death-certification protocol, introduced by the CDC at the height of COVID-19 case reporting. The full legal analysis of this issue can be found at the following reference:
- Henry Ealy and nine others (2020). COVID-19 Data Collection, Comorbidity & Federal Law: A Historical Retrospective, Science, Public Health Policy and the Law, Volume 2: 4-22.
As Figure 3 shows, 161,393 deaths attributed to COVID-19, using CDC's 2020 guidelines, would have been 9,684 deaths attributed to COVID-19, using CDC's guidelines for the previous seventeen years. But this is just one layer of the fabrication.
The other layer of fabrication involved how COVID-19 cases were determined. Cases were largely determined by the RT-PCR process, which, remember, stands for Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction -- a process that was misused as a diagnostic tool, as attested to by the following meticulously detailed, twenty-nine page technical analysis:
- Review Report - Corman-Drosten et al., Eurosurveillance - External Peer Review of the RTPCR Test to Detect SARS-CoV-2 Reveals 10 Major Scientific Flaws at the Molecular and Methodological Level: Consequences for False Positive Results
What we had, then, was a process being misused to fabricate many false cases, in conjunction with a retooled death-certification protocol that favored the many fabricated false cases as cause of death, in instances where death accompanied a falsely fabricated case. In other words, many deaths were being associated with false cases, and the false-case results associated with these many deaths were being recorded on death certificates that now gave a new, elevated priority to COVID-19 as the main underlying cause of death.
To Sum Up
There was never a health crisis of a magnitude justifying any of the severe government interventions that impaired the normal operation of society in ways that these interventions most certainly did impair. Consequently, face masks were the ultimate insult to healthy, intelligent, truly informed, unmasked people, who were suddenly, unjustifiably categorized as disease threats and trespassers in places of public accommodation.