Paul is a curious guy who likes to takes notes about everything he watches, sees, hears, feels.
So Many Things Can Happen in One Second
I watched a short documentary about what amazing things can happen in one second. I’ve listed the things from the documentary, and I will keep on adding more things. This list can be endless, so if you know amazing things that happen every second, please leave a comment!
10 Incredible Things That Happen Every Second
1 Second is:
- The time a Cesium atom vibrates 9,192,631,770 times (1967, General Conference of Weights and Measures)
- The time it takes for a baseball that left a pitcher’s hand to get hit by the bat and fly back to the pitcher.
- The time a man’s fist make an impulse of 1 ton.
- The time saliva from a person’s mouth travels 100m when there is no air resistance.
- The time a bullet travels 900m and penetrates the target.
- The time a snail travels 1cm to avoid falling raindrops.
- The time a honey bee flaps its wings 200 times.
- The time a toad’s tongue snatches a worm.
- The time the earth receives 48,600,000,000kw of energy form the sun.
- The time 2.4 babies are born.
- The time 1.3 car is made.
- The time 4.2 televisions are made.
- The time 5,700 liters of carbonated drink is consumed.
- The time 51 tons of cement is used.
- The time 22 travelers cross borders.
- The time 79 stars are vanish from the space.
- If the 15,000,000,000 years of space is reduced to one year, the history of mankind is one second.
Every Second, (Now with Source!)
- More than 21,990 servings of Coca-Cola drinks are sold in more than 200 countries. (Source: Coca-Cola FAQs)
- There are about 3,182 stars being born and dying in the whole observable Universe. (Source: Ask an Astronomer at Cornell University)
- 3 Samsung televisions are sold. (Source: Geek.com, 2013/02/04)
Other Facts About a Second:
- There are 86,400 seconds in a day.
rakhi on July 27, 2014: