How did an accountant pass an Acadsoc Interview?
Yes, I am a graduate with a degree in Bachelor of Science in Accountancy. I am currently working as an accountant in one of the real estate company in the Philippines for a few years now. What made me decide to apply to an ESL job? When I was younger, I had the chance to work in a call center industry way back 2006. I started at Concentrix. I was applying for a staff in accounting unfortunately I did not pass the qualification which must be a CPA. Yes, I failed my CPA exam once, for I did not retake it. Back to Concentrix, this was Link2Support before. They offered me a Customer Service Job and I said Yes right away. I passed the training and worked 2 years. So, back to the ESL, my classmate in high school is now a successful teacher, it happened to be that she's with Acadsoc. The pandemic today pushed me to apply to a home based job. I am still working but just 60 percent of work hours. For me, ESL is the perfect job today.
This is me, Teacher Judah
The Application Process and The Interview
- Fillout the application form to https://www.acadsoc.ph/
- There is no proficiency exam, just go on book a schedule for your interview
- Once Interview is confirmed, prepare and research about Acadsoc Interview in You Tube channel. I have one but I have not recorded the video during my interview
- On the day before the interview, prepare your tools:
- Do a system check on your computer
- Make sure your internet is working, do a speed test at https://www.speedtest.net/
- Make sure your mic and audio are on
- Check your computer specs if it meets their computer requirement. You must have at least an i3 processor with RAM score of 2500. You can check it here: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php
- Always open your email. The interviewer will send details for the interview such as to add her in your ZOOM or SKYPE. Mine was through ZOOM
- . Once added and started a conversation with her, just follow her instruction via chat, be ready by then.
5. There are only two questions asked:
- Tell me something about yourself?
- How would you teach a 5 year old kid?
6. The interviewer will give the results if you pass after interview
Here's My Interview Experience
I was scheduled at 9:00 am but we started at 10 am. Almost an hour checking what's wrong with the zoom app. I am new to it but it is user friendly. I cannot send a screenshot and cannot do a file sharing. I was thinking it's the settings. After an hour, I have figured it out. The zoom needs an update. After the update it just work smoothly. The interviewer Fatima is very patient and polite. The two questions are:
Tell me something about yourself- this is a common question and no need to explain.
The second question: How would you teach a 5 year old kid: I said, to get her attention, we'll learn thru playing games.
Then I passed. But the computer specs did not meet their requirements. As I have mentioned earlier you have to check it first before buying a computer. Your internet connection as well should be 3Mbps up download and upload. Ram is 4GB at least.
My application was put on hold unto June 19, until I can provide a new specs of computer then I will go through a training and to a demo class which I think hard to pass. You will have the chance to teach a real students.
I will update you this week once I got the new computer and hopefully will go to the training. The you tube videos helped a lot. Just search about how to pass an els or an online teaching. You can also search for Interview with Acadsoc of Acadsoc Interview.