Forgetting stuff that you study?Well here I will provide some tips that will help you to not forget.
1)Changing the way of studying.
It is not necessary that we should remember everything if we simply just try to study.
- If you have a plan worked out you will remember everything as you open the book.
- Most of us tries to finish one subject and then go to another.Instead,we should try to study 2-3 subjects in one day.
- Each subject uses a different part of brain. If we try to study more subjects it will increase our interest to study and helps us to understand things in a faster manner.
- If you happen to forget something you studied before try to remember the situation and place in which you studied it and it will surely help you to remember it.
- Close the eyes for a second and remember the page where you studied it.
- If you have written and studied it, then try to remember it.
- If you have studied any trick or code for remembering it, try to remember it and it will surely help you.
3) Preparing your mind.
- If you have studied in tension or without interest chances of remembering it are very negliglble.
- A mind without tension is the best road to success.
- A little warming up is good.Note down the points related to the topic.Clear all the doubts that come to your mind and read the subheadings.
4) Copy and paste.
Usually we use two ways to study.
- Understanding the subject while teaching and keeping the points in memory.
- The things we study by-heart.
- The things we study by-heart should be like copy and paste. Usually we forget these mostly ,so it is necessary to study some tricks or codes along with it.
- The things which are to be studied word by word should be highlighted.
- Try to remember those while travelling also.
- Sayings and poems should be studied wholly and not word by word.
- Make a list of hard words and try to remember them from time to time.
5) Keeping the study time punctually.
Do not sit to study with a mind that you have lots to study.
- First write how much you are intending to study.
- It is generally better to study not more than 40 minutes in a time.
- If you try to study more you will lose in balancing the dead line so maintain a balance.
- If you do not revise what you studied in two days you will forget almost 80% of it.
- Revise what you studied in one hour and then in one day and one week and in a break of one month, If you revise like this, you will never forget it.
- It is necessary to give the brain some time to catch up.
- Try to give an interval in every 40 minutes of about 10 minutes.
- In this time get up from your seat and stretch your body or do a walk.
- Make a session's least time 40 minutes and maximum time one and half hours.
7) Some tricky ways to remember.
- We can use simple tricks in our studies that may seem crazy but very effective in remembering.
- For example when writing "believe" we may have a doubt about the "ie" or "ei".So try to remember the sentence "never believe a lie" in it the "lie"has the same spelling of believe and it helps us to remember.
- You can find yourself many methods that may suit you.
8) Difficult portions.
- The way in which we can study depends on our previous knowledge and interest.
- If you do not have the previous knowledge then you will lose the link.
- Read and record one or two pages and listen to it and create a note.In this way we study through reading,writing and hearing and it will be a stronger memory.
- Do not underline in the first reading and underline only those parts which are difficult.
9) Removing exam fear.
- If you study fearing the exam then probably you will forget half the portion.
- Start making revision plan 2 months before exam.
- Revise each and every subject.
- Check and list the portions to study.
- When one portion is over , tick it.It will increase the confidence.
- Keep formulas and important parts like flashlights.
- Take a model paper and write an exam yourself.
10) When you get the question paper.
- Read from beginning to end
- When you see questions you know be happy and do not be tensed over questions you do not know.
- Make time for each questions.
- Objective types-15 seconds to one minute.
- paragraph type-5 to 10 minutes
- Essay type-25 minutes.
- Believe in yourself .If your heart beat increases and you start sweating do not be tensed.
- Relax and breathe in and out.
- If you forget a question try and select the next question, you my get the answer for it afterwards.
- Be confident.
- Pray to God and start writing in good handwriting.
best of luck......
Check out my poems.
- A poem on birds.
An elegant poem making you see the sadness of birds who get shut in cages..
- Signup For HubPages for free and start earning money while having fun.
Signup for hubpages and meet a great community and make a career for yourself.
hiranya lop on May 22, 2016:
Hmm...Nice :") !! Ans very informative..Quite unique from other websites ^_^ . Nice job...Like it :)
abhi on February 07, 2016:
The point on revision is too good...
preethu on December 06, 2015:
it is good
Albin Pius (author) from kerala,India on October 26, 2015:
Thanks for all your valuable comments.
suriya on October 25, 2015:
thanks man it helped me a lot
Sarika on September 21, 2015:
Good write up.informative and interesting ideas!!!
lavanya on September 11, 2015:
its very much useful.. and i wud be much glad if u provide still more new techniques
olawale malcolm on August 18, 2015:
I believe this tips should help in my forthcoming exams cos my grades are dropping.
Deng Xiang on July 08, 2015:
Nice article, hope you continue to update it with new info.
Albin Pius (author) from kerala,India on June 19, 2015:
Albin Pius (author) from kerala,India on June 01, 2015:
Glad to know it helped
sherif inrahim on June 01, 2015:
it has help me pass my wassce thanks
chimaobi on April 25, 2015:
thanks for the tip.i wish it will help me
Ndumiso on March 04, 2015:
Thnk u, I ll try 2 apply it.
Albin Pius (author) from kerala,India on March 02, 2015:
Why is it not working for you,..
r.k. on February 18, 2015:
it is not working
saga on January 09, 2015:
thans a lot .
Albin Pius (author) from kerala,India on September 21, 2014:
You are welcome jamila
jamila on September 16, 2014:
thanks a lot for giving me an information on how to study very well.!
Albin Pius (author) from kerala,India on July 16, 2014:
Whenever you study you should tell your mind that it is to be remembered and revising it once in a while can of course help.Most of all try understanding the meaning before studying.
Animesh Naik on July 13, 2014:
Thank u very much but don't u think frequent revision is the main key. And please answer one thing whatever i studied in maths and science some def. and few concepts i forgot is this normal around 6 months ago during 1st semester
Albin Pius (author) from kerala,India on July 06, 2014:
ngullie on July 04, 2014:
Thanks its really wrks....
Albin Pius (author) from kerala,India on July 01, 2014:
Thanks for comments Roya and Sakshaat
Sakshaat on June 25, 2014:
Thnx , it was informative and hopefully it will b vry helpful when il study..
Roya on June 16, 2014:
Thanks but I hope it works on me I will try it now.
Albin Pius (author) from kerala,India on June 11, 2014:
vasanth on June 10, 2014:
Yes it is a good manner to study.
Thanks a lot for your ideas.
really it helped me a lot for
studying and for writing exams.
Thanku so much now i can
Albin Pius (author) from kerala,India on May 13, 2014:
Thanks .You are welcome.
Gbenga Fagbohun on April 08, 2014:
Thanks, it really make sense.
Albin Pius (author) from kerala,India on March 05, 2014:
Thanks for the appreciation johanna
johanna on March 04, 2014:
wow this is very informative thank you sooo much for sharing all this. hopefully ill study better and not forget.
Albin Pius (author) from kerala,India on February 20, 2014:
Kingsly and hillary thanks for leaving comments I hope you succeed in your studies.
hillary on February 19, 2014:
thank you so much.....am happy to study now
kingsley on February 16, 2014:
Thanks it ws good
Albin Pius (author) from kerala,India on February 04, 2014:
Glad you found it so.:)
kurd on January 31, 2014:
thank you dear it is very helpful
Albin Pius (author) from kerala,India on January 31, 2014:
Glad it helped you.:)
Missy on January 29, 2014:
thank you it is helping i need to work on it now...
Albin Pius (author) from kerala,India on October 21, 2013:
Thanks..Wow that's the first time I receive a comment from a guest user.
IHBARUS on October 18, 2013:
Thanks for the useful tips. It really works..................
Albin Pius (author) from kerala,India on December 05, 2012:
Ya i also think the same way.Thanks for taking time to comment.:)
Abdul Wahab from Yanbu Al-Bahar, Al Madinah, Saudi Arabia on December 02, 2012:
A really nice hub, i think that if a person's lack of interest is the main reason of forgetting.
Albin Pius (author) from kerala,India on December 01, 2012:
Thanks , I am happy that someone found it useful.:)
Rodric Anthony Johnson from Surprise, Arizona on December 01, 2012:
This was very informative and helped me think of a strategy to do my notes for reading.