Catie has been an inventory manager at a veterinary hospital for almost six years. And started her own soap business back in 2018.
A Basic Business Plan
Business plans can be easy or hard, simple or difficult, or you can pay someone else to do it for you. I have put a couple of business plans together recently and thought that others may be able to use this simple business plan template to copy and paste into their word processor of choice.
A Straight Forward Template Was Hard to Come By Without a Download, So Here You Go Folks!
Doing Business As: (Business Name)
(Business Name w/ LLC or other title)
(Date you started working on your business plan)
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Goals & Objectives
- Products, Services, Pricing & Packages
- Market Opportunity & Analysis
- Strategy & Implementation Plan
- Financial Plan
- What problem are you solving and what kind of business are you creating?
Goals & Objectives
- Mission Statement
- Vision Statement
- Three short term goals
- Three long term goals
Products, Services, Pricing & Packages
- What is your time worth?
- Any pricing you are predicting and the research & the evidence to back it all up
Market Opportunity & Analysis
- What/who/where/why/when is your target market?
- When will you run out of clients/customers?
- How will you reach your clients/customers?
Strategy & Implementation Plan
- What are your first year's goals and how will you make that happen?
- How will you get your first client/customer?
- What do you have to do in the meantime?
- Once you're up and running, what will your day-to-day look like?
- What will your weekly schedule be?
- Will you have to hire anyone else? What will their weekly schedule(s) look like? How much will you pay them?
- How will your management structure work? Is it just you or do you have multiple CEOs?
- Do you need a general manager?
- Your management structure/ladder will go here
- How will employees move up within the company?
- Start-up costs
- What will you do with revenue?
- What will you do with profit?
- Will you use credit cards? Checks?
- What will you pay your employees?
- Bonus structure
- Corporate social responsibility
- Think of this as works cited.
This Template is By No Means Perfect
Get creative with your business plan. Add, subtract, or multiply whatever you want on this template!