Why freelancing? How to start?
Have you ever asked yourself why freelancing? How did you start your journey? As a freelancer how freelancing changes your life?
I always wanted to do freelancing since I took the responsibility on my own. I found my salary is just for my daily living, paying monthly utilities and other expenses, and being not able to save for emergency expenses. Our life is not meant just to pay bills. We all have dreams to fulfill like to help our family, to travel, and to live life to the fullest.
There are a lot of factors why I love to pursue freelancing and I know everyone who enters this industry feels the same way. In my personal experience, here are some factors:
- Travel expenses vice versa are not necessary. Since being a freelancer, I don't need to go to the office every day. A home serves your workplace.
- You don’t have to buy stuff like clothes and makeup. No need to worry about how you look. You can wear your pajamas while working.
- You are earning higher than what you earn with an 8 hours shift. You get paid by hours, not by day.
- You can travel while working. As long as you have a great internet connection there is no problem with that.
- You have your time. Of course, you can choose the hours you prefer to work. You have time for everything as long as you apply time management.No more missed family gathering, no more “I can’t go I have to go to work early” whenever your friends ask you to go out.
All of these are just some factors. What I love about this is you can spend your time with your family, I can travel anywhere I want since I love learning new things by traveling and of course you can save money for future purposes.
It takes a lot of courage and determination to start freelancing since it wasn't like walking in a park and not a Cinderella story that you woke up the next morning having all the good things in life that you ever dreamt of. Success isn't overnight
I started my freelancing journey this September 2020. Some people prefer to start freelancing on their own but I chose to learn from the expert. I enrolled in a freelancing course in Filipino Virtual Assistant Academy. With the help of our Coach, I was able to unlock another milestone that would be a life-changing experience. While I’m in a coaching session I also read some articles that might help me to this journey.
Results happen over time, not overnight. Work hard, stay consistent and be patient.