Tonia Trujillo, a blogger and self-proclaimed lover of food. When not writing, she enjoys exercising and exploring the outdoors with her dog
There's no doubt that vlogging is becoming one of the most popular ways to consume content. It's a great way for creators to share their stories and for viewers to connect with their favorite personalities more personally. But, how do you tap into this growing market as a creator or YouTuber?
The most pressing challenge in the vlogging industry is coming up with good ideas you can execute as a content creator on YouTube. So whether you are a newbie or already a pro at vlogging, you would still need some ideas on what content to create to increase YouTube views from time to time.
If you're looking to get into vlogging, or are just looking for some new ideas, read on! In this article, we'll discuss how to come up with ideas for vlogging and give you some tips on what content will be most successful.
Vlogging on YouTube
Why is Content Important on YouTube?
Content on YouTube videos is critical because this is the basis of viewers on whether or not they will be back to watch some new videos on your channel, and at the same time, subscribe to stay updated.
Accordingly, YouTube videos are ranked on YouTube Search through a combination of things, but two of the most important ranking factors are:
- Quality of your content
- How much engagement your video gets (views, comments, shares, etc.)
This is why it's essential as a YouTube creator to constantly think about ways to improve your content's quality and how you can get more YouTube subscribers on each video you upload.
Some YouTubers say that coming up with new YouTube video ideas is the hardest part of their job. And we believe them! It's not easy trying to constantly come up with topics that resonate with your audience and be something you're passionate about.
So, here are some quick tips on coming up with YouTube video ideas:
- Find inspiration from other YouTubers in your niche.
- Use YouTube search to find popular topics.
- Check out YouTube trends.
- See what questions people have.
What to keep in mind as a Youtuber
As we look to YouTube vlogging ideas for 2022 and beyond, it's also important to consider the trends that are happening both in terms of technology and culture. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The rise of TikTok: TikTok has been one of the fastest-growing social media platforms in recent years, showing no signs of slowing down. With its focus on short videos and creative content, it's no wonder that TikTok is becoming increasingly popular with creators and viewers alike. So, if you're looking to start vlogging or create YouTube content, it might be worth considering how you can incorporate TikTok into your strategy.
- Live-streaming's popularity: This has also been increasingly popular in recent years, with platforms like Twitch and YouTube Live growing in popularity. You can also consider incorporating live-streaming into your content strategy if you want to start vlogging.
- The rise of AR and VR: Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) are two technologies that are becoming increasingly popular. YouTube has already started experimenting with 360-degree videos, and we'll likely see more platforms adopt AR and VR in the future. Thus, it might be worth considering how you can use these technologies in your content if you're looking to start vlogging.
With that said, let's proceed to some ideas for you to come up with the best content and gain more YouTube views.
YouTube Content Ideas
15 Vlog Content Ideas to Increase YouTube Views
Although the possibilities of content ideas are endless, we want to ensure that you're only getting the best ideas for your Youtube channel content, so we've compiled a list of our favorites for you.
And although it is best to focus on one niche, it is better to diversify your content without getting away from your main place. Below is a list of vlog Ideas you can try, especially when you are just starting:
- Introduction Videos: Vlogs like this could be an excellent way for new viewers to get to know you and your channel. You could talk about your background, YouTube journey, and what viewers can expect from your drain. You can even do a Q&A for your subscribers to get to know you more.
- Day in a Life Vlog: As the name suggests, these vlogs document your day-to-day life. You could talk about your work, hobbies, family, and anything else that you think would be interesting for viewers to see.
- Weekly Vlogs: These vlogs follow a similar format to daily vlogs but are released every week. You could document your week similarly to a day in the life vlog or focus on one particular event or topic each week.
- Haul Videos: Haul videos are also popular among YouTube viewers, especially those interested in fashion and beauty. This is where you show the products you bought, whether groceries, skin-care products, or even furniture.
- Holiday Vlogs: Why not document your trip in a vlog if you're going on holiday? You could talk about the places you visit, the things you do, and the food you eat.
- Instructional Vlogs: Such vlogs teach viewers how to do something. They could be anything from cooking tutorials to DIY guides.
- Travel Vlogs: Travel vlogs are similar to holiday vlogs but tend to focus more on the places you visit rather than the things you do. When doing this, you could talk about the history of the site, the culture, and anything else you think would be interesting for viewers to know.
- Product Review Vlogs: These vlogs are a great way to share your thoughts on the latest products with your viewers. You could review anything from tech gadgets to beauty products.
- Prank Vlogs: These vlogs involve you playing pranks on your friends, family, or even strangers. Just be careful not to take things too far!
- Event Vlogs: If you're attending a concert, festival, or another public event, then it would be great if you could share it with your viewers too. You could share your thoughts on the event, the people you meet, and anything else you think would be interesting for viewers to see.
- Challenge Vlogs: YouTube challenges are a great way to engage with your viewers and make your vlogs more interactive. Usually, they are trending challenges that other content creators do, like the ice bucket challenge, or you could try something more mental, like the alphabetical movie challenge.
- Collaborations: Collaborating with other YouTubers is a great way to grow your channel and reach a new audience. So, if you are running out of ideas, doing a challenge log with another YouTuber would be great, or you could guest star in each other's vlogs.
- Behind The Scene Vlogs: These vlogs give viewers a behind-the-scenes look at your life or work. You could talk about the making of your videos, what goes into planning a vlog, or anything else that you think would be interesting for viewers to see.
- Reaction Vlogs: Reaction vlogs involve you reacting to something, whether it's a news story, a viral video, or another YouTube channel.
- Giveaways: Giveaways are also a great way to engage with your viewers and give something back. You could give away anything from products to experiences. Just be sure to follow the YouTube community guidelines when running a giveaway.
Q: What are some ideas for YouTube videos?
A: There are many different types of YouTube videos that you can make, including vlogs, haul videos, instructional videos, travel videos, product review videos, prank videos, event videos, challenge videos, behind the scene Videos, reaction Videos, and giveaways.
Q: What is a YouTube channel?
A: A YouTube channel is a personal space on YouTube where you can upload videos, create playlists, and share your thoughts and opinions with the world.
Q: How do I start a YouTube channel?
A: Starting a YouTube channel is easy! All you need is a Google account and a camera. Once you've signed in to YouTube, click on the "Upload" button in the top right-hand corner of the screen and follow the prompts.
Just from what we have listed above, you now know that there are many different types of YouTube videos that you can make to increase your YouTube views. The possibilities are endless, and you have to think out of the box to come up with the best and, at the same time, stay true to yourself.