Ms. Inglish has spent 30 years working in medicine, psychology, STEM instruction, and aerospace education for Active USAF Civil Air Patrol.
The long-time Country Music stronghold of Nashville, Tennessee is also one of the 25 Smartest Cities in America, according to Money Magazine. A substantial proportion of its residents hold a Bachelor's Degree or higher level of educational attainment.
Located along the Cumberland River, Music City Nashville is the County Seat of Davidson Coutny and the capital of Tennessee. Its leading industries in the 2000s are Healthcare, Sales, Music, and Publishing.
Nashville is combined with its county to make a city-county government and the Greater Nashville Area is home to over a million and half people.
Amazon.com Builds New Facilities Near Nashville
Nashville is famous for its music and its Printers Alley. In 2011 - 2012, Amazon.com built another 500,000 square-foot warehousing and processing facility just outside of Nashville in the suburb of Lebanon, Tennessee. This is provided the Greater Nashville Area with over 1,000 new jobs.
Tennessee has been good for the growing online book and other media seller, Amazon.com. The latest property brings total square footage for the bookseller in Tennessee to 2,000,000 ft2 with the completion of two more sites in Chattanooga and Cleveland, Tennessee in 2011.
Shop for careers at http://amazon.com/careers
Greater Nashville Area
Grand Ole Opry
In 2015, Ryman Auditorium began a new, $14,000,000 reconstruction project.
Additional Things to Do and See
- Cheekwood Gardens
- Country Music Hall of Fame
- Grassmerre -- Welcome to the Nashville Zoo!
- Grand Ole Opry : Home
Welcome to opry.com, the official website of the Grand Ole Opry. Site includes news about your favorite country music stars, contests, official merchandise, Opry ticket and travel information, and much more!
- The Hermitage - Home of President Andrew Jackson
- Nashville.gov - Parks and Recreation, Parthenon
The Parthenon stands proudly as the centerpiece of Centennial Park, Nashville's premier urban park. The re-creation of the 42-foot statue Athena is the focus of the Parthenon just as it was in ancient Greece. The building and the Athena statue are bo
Ryman Auditorium History
Around the Nashville Parthenon
Fine Arts and Performing In Nashville are Booming!
- Nashville's Music & Art Blog
Music and Art United
- Binglish Artist Portfolio - Music and Art in Nashville
Artist Statement I would describe my work as playful and peaceful; my intention is to pass those feelings on to the viewer. My greatest inspiration comes from m
"Today" by Beth Inglish
Live Painting at the Nashville Opera
Dramatic Increase in Jobs Since 2010
Top 15 Hot Job Openings - Largest Numbers
- Truck Drivers
- Registered Nurses (RNs) - Several specialties, with Women's Health Nurse increasing in positions. Travel Nursing is also increasing to this metro area, with added perks and higher salaries.
- Information Technology Engineers
- Sales Representatives
- Manufacturing and Production
- Media and Entertainment Jobs - Art galleries, art schools, companies that need graphic design experts, and more. Internships at Sony Music.
- Store Managers and Assistants
- Physicians and Public Health Officers
- Aerospace Engineers and Technicians. Several companies and the National Guard and Air National Guard.
- Physical Therapists and Assistants
- Business Analysts
- Account Executives - Financial Products
Nursing Jobs Expand Quickly In Nashville Metro
- Travel Nursing
The Travel Nurse is an answer to America's continuing nurse shortage and one of the most lucrative health care professions in terms of higher pay, greater numbers of benefits, and less stress.
Top 10 Projected Increasing Jobs
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Truck Drivers - Heavy trucks, semis; require CDL.
- General Office Clerks
- Executive Secretaries - includes Administrative Assistants
- Frontline Managers and Supervisors in Offices/Admin areas
- Maitenance/Repair Jobs
- Sales Representatives
- Receptionists and related
- Billing and Accounting Clerks
- Law Enforcement Officers
Bold print indicates high demand jobs already appearing as high demand in job postings 2012 - 2015.
Top Job Posting Companies
- Marriott International - Resorts and hotels.
- Trucking Companies - Hogan, CRST, USA Truck and more.
- Vanderbilt University
- Riverside Community Hospital
- Pizza Hut , Taco Bell, and Sonic Drive-Ins
- Swedish Medical Center
- Nashville Public Schools
- Central Payment - Credit Card services.
- HCA Healthcare
- St. Thomas Hospitals (at least three hospitals)
- US Army Medical Corps and National Guard
Healthcare - Number One Nashville Industry
Nashville TN boasts 275 healthcare organizations. This includes one very major player in the Hospital Corporation of America. HCA is the biggest private-sector hospital and clinic business globally, employing over 183,000 people. All, from the beginnings in one hospital in the early 1960s, makes Nashville a healthcare hotspot. HCA operates in 20 US States and England.
Despite a national recession in 2009 - 2009, Hospital Corporation of America realized an increase in earnings during the 3rd Qtr of 2009, according to company fact sheets and press releases. Revenues increased half a billion dollars over the same period in 2008.
- Baptist Hospital
- Centennial Medical Center
- Hendersonville Hospital
- Kindred Hospital
- Nashville General Hospital
- Nashville VA Hospital
- St Thomas Hospital
- Select Speciality Hospital
- Skyline Medical Center
- Southern Hills Medical Center
- Swedish Health Center
- Tri Star Health System
- Vanderbilt: Hospital
- Vanderbilt Childrens Hospital
Increase in HCA Jobs in Nashville
The number of job listings originating from Health Corporation of America in the USA increased 250% from 2005 - 2009. This was a major contributor to the increased earnings shown by HCA by 3rd QTR 2009, continuing to increase significantly through 2011. A new increase in job postings begin in 2015.
Increases in Jobs for HCA Healthcare
Nashville-Davidson Stimulus Jobs and New Developments
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) helped the Nashville-Davidson market with $35,000,000 in 2009 for education, infrastructure, safety, social services, and employment. By year end, another $75,000,000 in ARRA grant funds were in application and approval processes to further develop infrastructure, safety, and social services in order to handle new business and residential growth spurred by business and higher education in Nashville.
Government sponsored employment offices are available in each county in Tennessee. In Davidson County and Nashville, the employment programming comes under the auspices of the Middle Tennessee OneStop Career Center.
This entity serves both businesses and employment seekers through programs that provide Employment and Training (including classroom education, on-the-job training and others), Job Placement, Career Planning, and related services.
The large OneStop centers are particularly useful, because they offer job seekers free use of telephones, fax machines copies, and Internet stations for contacting interviewers and performing job research. See:
- Middle Tennessee OneStop Center Center: 2200 Rosa L. Parks Blvd; Nashville TN 37228
- Nashville South Office: 3763 Nolensville Road; Nashville TN 37211. Phone: 615-741-3556; Fax: 615-532-2773. This office servces US Veterans.
- Acquinas College: (615) 297-7545
- American Baptist College: (615) 256-1463
- Belmont University
- Bethel College: (615) 329-9391
- DeVry University: (615) 445-3456
- Draughons Junior College: (615) 361-7555
- Emmanuel Bible College: (615) 255-8963
- Fisk University: (615) 329-8500
- Free Will Baptist Bible College: (615) 777-1310
- International Academy of Design and Technology (IADT): (888) 362-2111
- ITT Technical Institute: (615) 889-8700
- Hghi-Tech Institute: (615) 232-3700
- John A Gupton College
- Laplan Career Institute: (800) 336-4457
- Lipscomb University
- Meharry Medical College
- Nashville Auto-Diesel College
- Nashville State Community College
- National College of Business and Technology: (615) 333-3344
- Remington College: (615) 239-1450
- Tennessee State University
- Trevecca Nazarene University
- University of Phoenix, Nashville: (615) 872-0188
- Vanderbilt University
- Volunteer State Community College: (615) 885-8910
- Watkins College of Art and Design: (615) 383-4848
Tennessee State University
- Tennessee Titans Football (NFL)
- Nashville Storm Football (NAFL) - See promotional video above.
- Nashville Predators Hockey
- Nashville Sounds Minor League Baseball
- Music City Stars Basketball (ABA)
- Nashville Metros Soccer
- Tennessee Titans
- Nashville Predators
- Nashville Sounds
Nashville Storm NAFL Promo
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2009 Patty Inglish MS
Comments and Additions
Patty Inglish MS (author) from USA and Asgardia, the First Space Nation on May 11, 2012:
Artists and musicians have moved into Nashville in greater numbers in the 2000s. View some portfolios and hear some of their music on the Hub. Not related, Beth Inglish McMillian is one of the brightest to hit the music and fine arts scene in Nashville.
mcbrick on November 17, 2011:
I've been living in Nashville for over two years now and I love it. It has a lot of opportunities, but you will need someone to vouch for you. This city is built on relationships more than any other city I've lived in. If you're planning on moving here, be ready to stay and make life long friends.
Miss Lil' Atlanta from Atlanta, GA on July 24, 2011:
Wow, this is a really well put together hub!
Claude King on August 28, 2010:
Hey Everybody, Do not forget Nashville is still a great hub for people interested in the Music Business, Heck I am 88yrs old. Just got back from Nashville with another Gold Record, The Cajun Cowboy. Nashville has a lot of what you need in the Music Business. Claude King
Patty Inglish MS (author) from USA and Asgardia, the First Space Nation on February 06, 2010:
Thank you for stopping by Nashville Culture! I will return to Nashville as soon as I get the chance and hope to write more about the city soon.
Nashville Culture on February 06, 2010:
Nashville is a great place to live and work. Thanks for writing about our wonderful town. I hope this encourages more people to visit.
They really don't know what they are missing when they pass up a chance to live, work or vacation here.
I hope to see more work from you in the future. Maybe it will be more on Nashville. Thanks again for taking interest in Nashville and hope you decide to visit again soon Patty.
Dim Flaxenwick from Great Britain on November 27, 2009:
And there I was thinking Nashville only meant Kris Kristofferrson and other great country and western singer/songwriters. Thanks for waking me up
Patty Inglish MS (author) from USA and Asgardia, the First Space Nation on November 27, 2009:
Thanks Don, I used to go there quite a lot and must return soon.
dusanotes from Windermere, FL on November 25, 2009:
I read your other Hub on Nashville and both are very good. Thanks for reporting on part of the south that haswonderful nostalgia and great history. Don White