Precious a certified soft-skills champion is aimed at eliminating the gap between the business owners and customers to drive unimaginable sa
communication is the act or process of exchanging information that usually takes place between two or more persons either in business activities or other matters. Communication includes:
* Information seeking
* Reading or in silence.
No Business can flourish without proper communication. The role in which effective communication plays in the growth of a business cannot be overemphasized. A company, firm, organization which wants to grow should not trivialize the role of communication in the continuity of their business. Communication is only complete if when delivered is being received and also well understood.
In this article, I will be explaining everything that concerns effective communication and also the 7C's that will help boost your communication skills based on the information I've gathered over the years.
5 Tips to Effective Communication
* Communicate Relentlessly: when it comes to business is never Ok to assume your employees, business folks, and most especially your customers or clients should yield to your demand or proposal through just one trial. You have to persuade them relentlessly through an effective and concise message. A business owner who can't communicate well will have low patronage and that will limit his business.
* Simplify and direct: your communication should be simple and direct void of any personal or nonbusiness jargon. For you to pass a great and superb message to your customers or employees you should use simple language to avoid confusion.
* Listen and encourage: communication will never be needed in the first place if we don't learn to be an active listener. We should learn to listen actively when communicating in the business environment and also to give professional advice to our fellow when they come to us for professional advice
* Illustrate through stories: A message or information conveyed via story will always form a great imagination in the mind of the listener. Learn to relate or tell a good and convincing story to lure your customers into patronizing your brand.
* Affirm with action: always back all you have said you're going to do before all your business associates, customers, and any other person you encountered with action. Do not communicate the wrong information and also do not say what you cannot do.
Why do we communicate?
Our simple aim of communicating is to understand others and to also gain understanding.
There are various ways in which we use to communicate, this can be called channels of communication. They are
1 Face to face talking
2 Phone calls
6 Social media.
All these above are the most commonly used channels in transferring our messages to a person or group of people.
The 7C's of Communication
The 7C's of communication helps us to pattern our communication well and also to obey peoples' opinions when communicating. They are:
2 Clear or Clarity
1 Concise: To be concise means to be brief. Being concise means being able to convey your message in the shorter possible words. Just the way we summarize a big essay into a short form without it losing the main points that are how your message should be whenever you're communicating. Do not bore your listeners or business associates or customers with too many words. Learn to make precise and short words that will contain all the messages you intend to communicate.
2 Clear or clarity is very important in business communication. Through this, you can emphasize a specific message or a goal at that time. The message in your words you are communicating has to be very clear. As mentioned above, you don't have to include much grammar that may warrant your customer or listeners to googling every word from your mouth. Use simple and friendly language to pass a good message.
3 Correct: The understanding of your audience is directly proportional to the correctness of your ideas. Communicate the right dates, information, facts, and histories. Your title should be correct and also professional. Learn to put accurate data that will help promote and build others when they listen to you. Avoid using outdated or invalid information.
4 Concrete: Concreteness refers to the idea of being clear and particular about your message in communication especially when lots of people give you their audiences. Concreteness helps to increase your confidence level while communicating with your folks.
5 Complete: a message or an idea is complete when the audience has everything that they want to be informed. A complete message will help compel your customers to respond quickly to the call of action.
6 Courteous: courtesy is the respect that we show others even in business communication. We should learn to respect one another view. In a business, we should learn to obey the platinum rule which states that we should treat others the way they want to be treated. Learn to treat others in a good way. You should be polite, sincere, enthusiastic, and reflective while sending the message.
7 Coherent: The message that you intend to send should be very logical and that's what makes coherent communication very important. The message involves specific ideas and thoughts and thus when they are coherent can they only be able to convey the main ideas and thoughts. Ensure that all the points that you have mentioned are relevant to the topic and connected.
Significance of Effective Communication in Business
1 Clear communication across all business channels
2 Rapport building
3 Team Building
6 Creativity and innovation
7 Conflict resolution
8 Long-term organizational growth.
Barriers to Communication
Some impediments or obstacles prevented our messages from being received the way we intended. They are:
1 Physical barrier like noise, lack of time, interruption, and many more.
2 Psychological barrier: this involves emotion, attitudes, shredding.
3 Semantics: it includes language differences and slang.
Barriers that cannot be noted are:
How to Overcome Communication Barriers
1 Employ feedback
2 Know your receiver