information sheet no. 3
Learning to commit oneself to goals and career
Making a public commitment to something makes people more hesistant to make changes. When one has showed his/her commitment to something especially if this done publicly, the person will ultimately tend to carry out.Very often, after setting our own goals, we may have the tendency to set this aside or even forget them. Thus it is important that one does not only identify or set goals but makes it public in order to elicit greater chance of attainment.
The Organizational Climate
This is one factor that must be considered to satisfied people to work.
There are two Aspects of Organizational Climate
- Organizational Character – which consists of the structure, strategy, purposes, and goals, and internal social system.
- Management practices – which cgoal setting consists of goal setting, task management feedback, and people relationships.
Five Characteristics of a Good Organizational Climate
- Clarity – is the individuals sense of understanding or organizational goals and policies and of being clear about the job, the feelings that things are organized and running smoothly.
- Recognition – is the feeling that the people are rewarded and recognized for doing good work as constracted of the criticism for poor performance is more likely to
be received than recognition to good performance.
- Commitment – is defined as the feeling of continuing support to good achievement related to acceptance and realism of goals.
- Responsibility – is the feeling of personal accountability for work comma, a sense of individual initiative.
- Teamwork – is the feeling of belonging to an organization characterized by cohesion , mutual warmth and support, trust and pride.
Two Key Factors that Determine How Employee Will Perform the Job
- His Motivation – These factors hold the answer to why an employee behaves the way he does and why one is more productive than another under similar circumstances.
- His Ability – An individual’s value system made up of many but interrelated factors affects his perception of a particular task and helps to determine his inclination to perform.
The influence of this factor is filtered through the individual’s needs co cycled with organizational conditions leads to his motivation to peform at some degree of capacity.
The motivation of an individual in addition to being determined by his peceived needs is also affected by organizational conditions positively or negatively impact motivation depends on the organizations existing in the company.
Influences of Meaningful Goals in Organization
It is the job of manager to achieve organizational goals. He does this through management systems and the proper utilization of human resources. There is synergistic relationship between interpersonal competence, goals and systems. Successful goal setting is a formal organization requires:
- Being able to relate personal goals to organizational goals.
- Having helpful systems for setting and achieving goals.
- Being ready to respond favorably to organizational goals.
Effective management systems are those which enable individuals to achieve a personal goals by achieving organizational goals and are managed by the individual rather than managing the individual in the achievement of goals. They also reflect a development philosophy of supervision.
activity sheet no. 3
Objectives: After completing this activity you shoul be able to:
- Develop commitment to the set of goals.
- Identify good organizational goals.
- Read Information Sheet No. 3
- Answer the Activity Sheet No. 3
- Be honest in your answer.
Complete the following:
- Explain: “The clearer one’s career goal, the more motivated one is to achieve it.”
- Identify some of the goals you have set for yourself. How this personal goals relate to organizational goals.
SELF CHECK No. 3
Check your mastery of Organizational Goals by completing questions/task below:
How to achieve one’s career goal?
What are the influences of meaningful goals in organization?
- Practicing Career Professionalism, Part 1
ACHIEVING COMPETENCE IN PRACTICE CAREER PROFESSIONALISM INTEGRATE PERSONAL OBJECTIVES WITH ORGANIZATIONAL GOALS PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT PERSONALITY Many factors make a person unique...
- Practicing Career Professionalism, Part 4
INFORMATION SHEET No. 4 PERSONAL HYGIENE AND PRACTICES Physical Health and Hygiene Hygiene means health and healthful living. Good health means well...
Edison M. Ganzon (EIM) on March 14, 2011:
To achieve my goal have patient and good moral, hard working because i need this all in my job.
Achieve my goal in my life to trust my self and use my abilities also important is don't give give up.
mark david padua on March 06, 2011:
Complete the following:
1.Explain: “The clearer one’s career goal, the more motivated one is to achieve it.”
-you have a dream then you want to succeed it,you must have eager to get it,then you don't have to worry about the future ahead of you.
-being able to finish what you've just started.
2.How to achieve one’s career goal?
ans.:make sure that you have the ability to do the job.Make your self willingly able to do the steps in your careers.
Julius D.de Guzman on March 03, 2011:
in my achieve to finish my training and develop my skills and i will do my best and the most important is don't give up your successful career.god bless
mark anthony dg. ladislao EIM NCII on March 03, 2011:
my focus is to my finish in my course electrical in P.S.A.T. of course for my skills that way learn here and to prepared for next course mybe take any degree course related in electrical.
Jasper R. Alejo on March 03, 2011:
to achieve your goals you must be focus and have your organizational goal,,,,try to do the best for you to grab and be succesful to your choosen career......!!!!!!
BOBBY M. AOANAN JR. ASNCII on February 20, 2011:
TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOAL YOU MUST HAVE PATIENT,, GOOD MORAL, HOPE AND HARD WORKING BECAUSE U NEED THIS IN ALL WHAT YOU WANT TO DO TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS ESPECIALLY IN WORK JOB.
Bernard Guerrero ( E.I.M) on February 17, 2011:
My Focus is to finish my course electrical in P.S.A.T ,,,of course for the skills that way learn here..and to prepared for nxt course..maybe i take any degree courses related n electrical......
Roselyn C. Tenepere on February 09, 2011:
if you have trust to your self that you can do it no doubt' you can achieve your goal in life.
Aizza Soriano on February 09, 2011:
for me i can achieve my goal for using my talent and skills.
jennelyn Q. Albay on February 09, 2011:
to achieve your goal in life first you have to trust your self and use your abilities to do it. and try your best and most important is don't give up. try to become a good example to others.
ANTONNETH G. RITUMALTA on February 09, 2011:
for using my talent and skills.and to show if what is my talents.because every time that i use my skills i will improve it.