Widens is a UGRAD alumnus (Washington DC), a graduate from Bridge (LCSC, Idaho, USA) and Business Studies SoBaT, CLI & an ESL Tutor in Asia.
Talking about effective leadership in hard times, here are a few leadership quotes from Elon Musk, “Persistence is very important. You should not give up unless you are forced to give up.” “People work better when they know what the goal is and why.” “There's a tremendous bias against taking risks.
All the great CEOs that have stellar reputations have also established transformational leadership rules. For instance, Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon, has to follow necessary Amazon leadership principles in order to steer that big company in Silicon Valley. If all leader could apply their leadership qualities in all what they are doing, they will be quite successful.
Developing Effective Leadership
Leading a team well, despite the unknown of hardship, is an excellent trait that leaders should possess. For example, some firms usually find a way out during difficult times.
- The effective leader is a risk taker as well as a master who steers the firm.
- An effective leader teaches other leaders how to be productive in their own workplace setting.
When everything around a firm appears to be blowing aside, effective leadership is what holds it all together. Effective leadership is essential whether you are an individual trying to improve your leadership potential or a company looking to increase leadership as part of a personnel ongoing development.
Leading a Team in the Face of Adversity
A strong leader should use his expertise to exert extra effort at work in order to achieve success. He should develop a deeper professional network and to adapt to changing environments. He should work on developing performance leadership abilities also including negotiating and critical thinking, but also personal leadership knowledge that will enable him cope with stress. He should also learn about the science and impact of optimism.
- Keep up with the firm's declared shifts in emphasis, whether it's internal communications or external consumption of corporate information.
- Rise to the challenge as an effective person to spend more time than being in a regular setting researching everything about the company's plan.
During challenging economic circumstances, it is more critical than ever for every leader in an organization to focus primarily on strategic plan, whilst it shifts in real time. Pretending that your company is untouched even by COVID-19 controversy would only jeopardize commitment of employees. Instead, be upfront about where the company is today and where it should go. As a leader, start concentrating upon what can be influenced.
Best Qualities Of An Effective Leader During Adversity
Leaders with the best attributes usually get ahead of difficult times
- Learn how to use positive stress to your advantage.
- Develop ties with one another and broaden your network of connections.
- Improve your bargaining abilities to provide your company a strategic and competitive advantage.
- Recognize how to be optimistic by seeking methods to help others.
- Develop the resilience required to deal with the crisis throughout the entirety of its duration.
- Create a culture of collaborative efforts that binds all leaders and employees.
- Create good behaviors that contribute to productive work environments.
- Prepare to take on new leadership responsibilities.
Leading a Business or Team in the Face of Tragedy
Cos believes that when unexpected things happen, the leader must lead the inquiry and take personal responsibility for ensuring that the lessons learned are implemented. He argues that in a tragedy, a leader should concentrate on the following things:
- Being present and consistent in one's support for the victim's family and coworkers
- ensuring that the tragedy's lessons are discovered, immediately disseminated, and implemented
- Putting you moral commitments to safeguard your people on top of your legal responsibilities.
The employees are indeed the top priority. The obligation to safeguard the company's reputation comes second. Leadership effectiveness isn't really cheap, but being a leader in a company amid uncertain economic times may be extremely tough. This is especially true for many executives, who may be in the debut managerial job amid an economic slump.
Outcomes Of A Strong Leadership
- Leveraging Stress to Your Advantage.
- Healthy Leadership is being applied.
- Actively Participating in Interest-Based Negotiations
- Thinking quickly.
- Establishing a Strategic Network
- Making Change a Reality
Boost Company's Endurance.
To properly lead a company, one must take care and handle personal anxiety as a leader. Make time to relax and recharge in whichever method works best for oneself, whether it's through increased exercise, mindfulness applications, or spending time with family.
- Creating a "main hub" during the day communication can be use to maintain close interaction with workers.
- Maintaining clear channels of communication, and avoid making choices in a vacuum.
- Increasing the frequency of management meetings.
- (Leading Through Tragedy » Business Leaders Health & Safety Forum, 2021) Business Leaders Health & Safety Forum. 2021. Leading Through Tragedy » Business Leaders Health & Safety Forum. [online] Available at: <https://forum.org.nz/resources/bruyn/> [Accessed 13 October 2021].
- (Leading Through Turbulent Times – St Francis College, 2021)Workforce.sfc.edu. 2021. Leading Through Turbulent Times – St Francis College. [online] Available at: <https://workforce.sfc.edu/product/leading-through-turbulent-times/> [Accessed 13 October 2021].
- (Business in Crisis: 4 Tips for Managing Your Business Through Crisis, 2021)Vistage Research Center. 2021. Business in Crisis: 4 Tips for Managing Your Business Through Crisis. [online] Available at: <https://www.vistage.com/research-center/business-growth-strategy/20200406-business-in-crisis/> [Accessed 13 October 2021].
- (2021)Youtube.com. 2021. [online] Available at: <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk0qTPqaFcw> [Accessed 13 October 2021].
- (Bailey, 2021)Youtube.com. 2021. [online] Available at: <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk0qTPqaFcw> [Accessed 13 October 2021].
Widens Pierre (author) from Indonesia on October 12, 2021:
Thanks for your inspirational words!
Umesh Chandra Bhatt from Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, India on October 12, 2021: