What is lead generation?
Lead generation simply means finding and attracting potential customers to your sales. However, successful B2B lead generation services are crucial because it;
- Expands your market and grows customer base
- Improves brands visibility and awareness
- Boosts revenue and help gather more customers reviews
Optimizing websites, landing pages, etc., using SEO tools is not just enough for a business to increase sales. 75% of online customers want to receive 2-4 phone calls from a company. Although 70% of salespeople stop after sending one email, those who sent more have a 25% chance of hearing back.
So what can be done? Marketing automation to gather data and focused segmentation can help in intelligent prospecting.
However, targeting new marketing leads and the right business sales requires time and planning and without that many marketers tend to make mistakes. Here are a few.
Common lead generation mistakes
- Spending time on marketing activities that do not increase ROI
- Not tracking your marketing sales funnel
- Failing to provide a solution-based content
- Forgetting to optimize web pages
Thus, before determining your quality leads, make sure you know the strategies that you need to implement.
8 Effective strategies to target leads
Strategy 1: Research and plan
Targeting new leads without a proper plan, and research can be of no use and will eventually increase the time you waste on customers who won't buy it. Thus, discovering your target customers based on demographics, technographic, firmographics can help turn potential customers into your business.
Strategy 2: Focus on Account-Based Marketing (ABM)
Thinking of every industry and lead as a target market will be of no use and will only take you in the wrong direction. ABM connects you to the best prospects via various channels like social media, calls, email, links, videos, etc., with lead generation services like inbound and outbound marketing.
Strategy 3: Build a strong sales funnel
The sales funnel is the step taken by an individual in order to become your customer. It serves as a medium to attract potential customers to your product.
How to build an effective sales funnel?
There are numerous ways of creating a sales funnel and it varies from one organization to the other. Here are the most common ways:
1. Focus on the landing page
“The first impression is always the best!” So, it is your landing page that decides the first, as well as the overall impression customers will have on you. The intention of having a landing page and conveying too much information to your visitors is to increase conversion rates.
Here are a few tips that you can follow:
- Remove unwanted content and provide the information that your customer needs.
- Simplify your page.
- Shorten your landing page.
- Include short videos of your services.
- Use contrasting colors.
- Draw their attention towards “call to action”.
2. Attract prospects
The next stage in building a strong sales funnel is attracting prospects. Getting to know what influences a customer's buying decision is a vital trick of improving marketing and sales.
There are 3 phases of consumers making a buying decision:
- Awareness - Knowing your presence mainly through Ads.
- Evaluation - Your customers evaluate the details of your business through reviews or social media presence.
- Purchasing - Finally, once all the other things are considered best, they move on to purchasing your product or services.
3. Close the deal
The final stage is closing the deal. If a salesperson knows how to convince their customers to buy at the very moment, then he/she may know how to close a deal. Here are a few techniques on how to close a deal:
- Now or never - As the name suggests, time matters in this technique of closing a deal.
- Presumptive close - Assuming that the prospect had already agreed to buy.
- Sharp angle close - Prospect is in a stage when he has to make a deal if his requirement is fulfilled.
- Soft close - It simply means asking for a sale without any pressure.
Strategy 4: Expand your social media presence
You can increase your win rates by 35% using social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube. These are the channels that most of your customers rely on. Therefore, expanding your social media presence will eventually draw customers towards your services.
Strategy 5: A solution-based content
The content that you send to your prospects decides whether your potential buyer gives you a chance or not. A solution-based content will help take those prospects down the sales funnel fast.
Strategy 6: Send follow up mails
Do not be afraid of sending follow-up emails. Your prospects appreciate the fact that you are interested in them and feel valued. The benefits of sending follow-up emails are:
- Your prospects notice you.
- They recognize our interest in them.
- Chances are that you may get replies.
- Finally, you gain their trust which eventually leads to your prospects landing on your services.
Strategy 7: Again, do not be afraid to cold call warm leads
Do not hesitate to reach out to potential customers and convince them to buy your product or service. There are numerous benefits of cold calling your prospects, and here are a few:
- Get a clear picture of your target.
- Gain insights from customers that help you figure out why you are not getting the response that you want.
- Customers come to know that you are not just a bot, but a human, which helps increase reply rates.
- Increase conversion rate and lead you one step closer to the sale.
Strategy 8: Use demographic, technographic data solutions
Finding prospects who can be worth your ideal customer profile can be a tedious as well as challenging task. Thus, with database targeting, you can find information about your competitors’ customers and find out how they benefit from your competitor’s services.
You can also modify your marketing campaign or your emails, by understanding the technological stack of your prospects.
Some benefits of technographic segmentation include:
- Improve sales productivity
- Improve ABM
- Improve customer retention
With clear ideas on lead generation strategies, a business has the chance of getting high ROI, increased customer retention, and improved sales.