Benazir Marjan intends to use her business knowledge in the practical field through this article.
Importance of Healthy Working Environment in Business
A healthy environment values it’s people and promotes trust. It promotes and encourages good relationships and collaborations, has good communication with and between all levels of staff and is open and transparent. A healthy environment wants its people to be creative and encourages innovation, is aware of and flexible about, changing work-life commitments and balance. It is also aware of different cultures and religions and supports a diverse workforce. As well as, a healthy working environment encourages a healthy lifestyle and makes the healthy choices.
More specifications on the importance of having healthy environment in workplace are given bellow:
1. A healthy work environment offers improved health and well-being to its employees where they get an inner spirit for doing their work in more effective and efficient way.
2. A healthy work environment ensures greater productivity. Productivity is a measure of economic performance that compares the amounts of goods and services produced (output) with the amount of inputs used to produce those goods and services. A safe and fit environment will always inspires workers to come up with the best desired outputs. This is how it helps in increased productivity in a company or business where employees perform with their best efforts. Thus, a healthy environment enhances performance of the employees or workers as well. A good performer will be always motivated and determined to achieve his goal and move on towards attaining the highest level of success.
3. There is a positive relationship between working environment and employee job satisfaction. Job satisfaction is very important part of an employe’s life cycle and motivation to remain loyal to and employed with an organization. Without employe‘s job satisfaction, no business can sustain for long run. Thus it is very clear about its importance and relationship with work place environment.
4. A healthy working environment encourages greater work participation and social inclusion to employees. Social inclusion can be defined as having the resources, opportunities, and capabilities to learn, work, engage with others, and importantly to be heard. All of these can be ensured when an acceptable work place is established within an organization.
5. A healthy working environment increases individual, team and organizational resilience. Organizational resilience is the ability of an organization to anticipate, prepare for, respond and adapt to incremental change and sudden disruptions in order to survive and prosper. When we talk about resilience, usually we talk about the ability to cope with the ups and downs and bounce back from challenges. And there is no doubt, an acceptable working environment will be always supportive for its employees to adjust in all ways and move forward with their work.
6. A better atmosphere will always reduce the absenteeism rate. As we know absenteeism can affect individual productivity, which could be a serious obstacle for the company in the long run. Every individual productivity is responsible for the company’s success in a whole.
7. It ensures less workplace injury and workers’ compensation claims. Usually, compensation claims are made, when a person suffers injury or harm due to another person’s negligence or wrongful actions. A healthy working environment creates less probability of above issue.
8. It ensures faster return to the work. A return to work (RTW) program is a plan established by a business to return injured employees to the work place as soon as they are medically able. The goal is to enable injured employees to be productive during their recuperation and to maintain a connection to the workplace. A safe and well fit environment will always encourage the employees to get back to their works as early as possible, just after their recovery which assures comparatively less loss of the individual productivity in a company.
9. A healthy working atmosphere reduced employee turnover. Employee turnover is the rate at which employees leave their employers whether voluntarily or involuntarily. Workplace environment greatly influence employee satisfaction, which secured with comparatively less turnover rate.
10. When designed effectively to support and bolster employee health and wellness, the physical workplace environment can reduce health care cost.
Finally, a healthy and positive workplace environment offers transparent and open communication for employees, there stays a work-life balance, it focused on training and development, it recognizes employees’ hard works, guarantees strong team spirit and commitment to excellence and the reinforcement. A physically healthy and mentally stimulated worker is always an asset for a company. A healthy and positive workplace environment can hold this asset for the industry. A happy and caring cultural at work not only improves employee well-being and productivity but also improves client health outcomes and satisfaction. In sum, a positive workplace is more successful over time because it increases positive emotions and well-being.
A work place is where you spend more than one-third of your lives. Naturally, if your employees are happy and content at work, it will reflect in his overall personality and growth as a human being. The collective impact of a good work environment is much more than increased productivity and employee satisfaction.
As we know that a healthy family life always plays a very important role in child’s growth and mental development. The fact is same for business environment. A safe, positive and healthy business environment helps its employees to exert their best towards a company; which will ultimately come up with a greater outcome. A company will be never able to reach towards its goal without ensuring its employees welfare. Thus, Importance of Healthy Working Environment is always a basic requirement, that every business must look very strictly into it.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2022 Benazir Marjan