What is Contracting Business?
An independent contractor is a natural person, business, or corporation that provides goods or services to another entity under terms specified in a contract or within a verbal agreement. Unlike an employee, an independent contractor does not work regularly for an employer but works as and when required, during which time he or she may be subject to law of agency. Independent contractors are usually paid on a freelance basis. Contractors often work through a limited company or franchise, which they themselves own, or may work through an umbrella company.
Contracting job may include:
- Civil Contracts
- Mechanical Contracts
- Electrical Contracts
- Services provider other than Engineering
- Supplier of goods
Types of Jobs
Scope of the Electrical Contracting Work in PWD, Maharashtra State:
1. Electrical wiring installations
2. Erection & maintenance of Lifts
3. Erection & maintenance of pumping sets
4. Erection & maintenance of Transformer sub- stations
5. Air conditioning and cold storage systems
6. Sound system
7. Erection & maintenance of Diesel generating sets
8. Erection & maintenance of Fire alarm & Fire fighting system
All of the above works are executed through Licensed Electrical contractors who are registered with PWD Electrical in desired class
Are you interested in starting electrical contractor business, but you don’t know where to start?
Starting or buying an electrical contracting business involves many essential steps. Legally, you must ensure that you apply for and receive the correct licences.
you need to understand how the industry works, what things you need to consider in your planning, and the legal requirements you must meet.
Market research can help you to:
- understand the industry
- assess the viability of your business idea
- identify key factors that could affect the success of your business.