Ms. Inglish is a successful Employment & Training pro, setting Midwest regional records with tens of thousands placed in gainful employment.
Search Engines and Salary Ranges
As in America, online job search engines seem to have become increasingly popular and in London and surrounding areas. Several such job search engines are described below.
Other avenues of job search for higher paying jobs in London include
- Employment Recruiters
- Newspaper and other Classified Ads
- Government sponsored Job Centers
- Some individual company website listings. In addition, networking among business and work contacts may prove the best source of job information.
It is difficult to find the highest paying jobs in London with a simple online search engine available, unlike with American job boards Indeed.com and SimplyHired.com
In order to better use any of the job search sites and resume posting boards below, please see the following 61-page salary survey for employment categories and job titles in the UK: Salary Survey by Robert Walters. Job titles and categories in London specifically are examined early on in the document on Page 3. Review the job titles and match them to the findings shown below, derived from SimplyHired UK.
Data detailed from the report at the above link, Page 3, heading: Project Management/Business Analysis:
- Project Manager/Business Analyst (8yrs' experience) - £100k+/year
- 5-8 yrs' experience - 80 to 110k
- 3-5 yrs' experience - 60 to 80k
- 0 - 3 yrs' experience - 54 to 65k
A job seeker may review the information from the 2009 Salary Survey and search the document online for
- High paying jobs and
- The Top 15 Jobs provided by SimplyHired UK, below, as found on their database.
Related Job Titles
- Senior Planner
- Programme Manager
- Senior Design Manager
- Commercial Manager
- Product Manager
- Customer Relationship Marketing Manager
- Finance Manager
- Real Estate Solicitor
- PMO Manager
- Quant Team Lead
- Procurement Manager
- Financial Accountant
- Sales Director
- IT Risk Manager
- Financial Accountant
- Financial Controller
Highest Paying Jobs, £100,000 and Over
The highest paying jobs in London are largely located in East and Southwest London and at these companies:
- Mode Medical Recruitment
- iKas International
- Michael Page UK
- Project Resource
- Alexander Ash
- Nicoll Curtin
- Aston Carter
- Mackenzie Stuart
- Annapurna HR
- Hydrogen Group
- Legal Works Recruitment
- Randstad Financial and Professional
- Morgan McKinley
SimplyHired UK is a leading online job search engine that provides lists of job openings in London. Aside from the actual job descriptions, SimplyHired UK offers additional information by which jobs can be sorted for convenience. These sorting categories include:
- Company Name: A home website may be applied within the job listings of some companies, providing a convenient method for researching the employer before applying for a position and requesting an employment interview.
- Location: This category breaks available jobs down into city sections (London) and even additional nearby cities.
- Job Type: This category is broken down into Permanent, Full-Time, Temporary, Contract Work, Part-Time, Internships, Volunteer (non-paid), Seasonal,
- Education: from some Secondary School to Doctorates and Professional Degrees. For the purposes of finding the highest-paid position in London, the highest education levels would be a good place to start looking. SimplyHired UK does not categorize jobs according to salary ranges as some American job search engines do.
- Work Experience: 0 to 2 years to 15+ years.
- Date Posted: From the last 24 hours, 7 days, 14 days, and 30 days.
- Employer or Recruitment Agency
The highest numbers of jobs available on SimplyHired UK on the above date fell into the following educational requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree
- A-Level or equivalent
- Master's Degree
- Vocational and HND/HNC or equivalent
Few jobs are available for individuals with less than completion of secondary school. The college and professional degrees would likely result in higher incomes overall, while a job search by educational level would help to pinpoint higher salaries.
Highest Demand Jobs for Recent Graduates
- Area Managers: several fields of work are available.
- IT/Business/Data Analysts
- Software Engineers and Systems Engineers
- Technology Consultants
- Process Engineers
- IT Managers
- Human Resources Executive Trainees
- Finance Trainees
- Electrical Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Structural Engineers
- Marketing Trainees
Highest Demand London Jobs Through 2030
- Programmers and Software Engineers
- Financial Officers
- Van and Truck Drivers
- Marketing Professionals
- Teachers for Preschool and Elementary School Grades
- Kitchen and Catering Staff and Management
- IT Professionals: Analysts, Directors and others
- Nursing Professionals, all levels
Top Hiring Firms
- Morgan Hunt
- Curtis and Mayfield
- Protocol Education
- Interact Medical
- Engage Education
- Pizza Hut
- Resourcing Group
- Michael Page UK/International
- Servoca Education
Trovit Jobs is a larger job board that listed over 206,000 jobs for London in October 2018.Major companies offering many jobs on this site include:
- Jobs as teachers and instructors in a number of firms
- Engineers in a number of companies
- KMPG: Auditing and related
- Harnham: Date and analytics
- London Company: Investment Advisors
- Oliver Bernard: Technologies
- PWC: Audits and related
- Hays: Employment Agency
- Marriott: Hotels and resorts
- Cedar: Smart Content Marketing
LondonUKJobs.Com is an online job search engine that provides job postings for the London area. On the date upon which the example from SimplyHired UK was taken, LondonJobsUK.Com listed 12,775 job openings in London.
Job openings are arranged by Industry Clusters on this job listings site and can be searched by these large categories. Summer jobs and part-time jobs are listed as well in their own categories. No provision is made to categorize jobs by job title, salary, or educational level, so a job seeker must look through the lists in each category. However, a job seeker may apply for many of these jobs online and post a resume. A "Job Wanted" feature is also offered, in which a job seeker can advertise for a job. Some of the job listings on this site seem to have been open for several months and may or may not be yet requiring job candidates.
Jobsite is another large job search board for London and offers job listings that can be arranged in listings according to date posted, salary (high to low), and job descriptions.
Jobsite offered over 5,000 employment openings within 20 miles of London on the same date that the two job sites above were accessed. The highest salaries on this date were offered for these positions and others similar to them:
- Key Account Director: £50k - £65k pw (per week)
- Transportation Refrigeration Engineer: £25k - £35k pw + van + ph
- Lead Acturary: £800-£1200 per day
- Financial Engineer: £600 pa (per annum/per year)
- Business Analysts: £400 - £600 pa
This is a UK website much like the American Craigslist. It is an online community for each of several cities and offers a section for employment openings.
During September 2016, Gumtree listed 22,698 jobs open for London and over 30,000 listings in October 2018.
Several categories of jobs are listed and Gumtree includes Voluntary positions, "Work Wanted", Part-Time, Job Training, Student & Graduate, and other categories as well. There is no provision for searching by salary.
- Glassdoor UK High Demand Jobs.
- Guardian / guardian.co.uk: Latest news, sport, business, comment, analysis and reviews from the Guardian, the world's leading liberal voice
- London Evening Standard
- Telegraph.co.uk: news, business, sport, the Daily Telegraph newspaper, Sunday Telegraph - Telegraph
- The Future of Work: Jobs and skills in 2030. UK Commission for Employment and Skills.
- Times Online: The Times and Sunday Times: UK news, world news and business news and comment from The Times and The Sunday Times. www.timesonline.co.uk/
- The Independent | UK and Worldwide News | Independent News: Breaking news, comment and features from The Independent newspaper - The Independent Newspaper.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2009 Patty Inglish MS
Comments, Job Search Sites, and New London Businesses
Patty Inglish MS (author) from USA and Asgardia, the First Space Nation on May 15, 2014:
Job listings for London, England have increased by 500% to over 521,000 positions advertized.
Job Search UK on September 09, 2011:
Latest London news, business, sport, showbiz and entertainment from the London Evening Standard.
Job Search UK
john nixon on April 06, 2011:
Good post and surely will help those looking for jobs in London.
Descartes from grand prairie on December 05, 2010:
Good Hub, anyone looking for work in London can use all the help they can get.
shanlondon from London on September 10, 2010:
Readers can also try www.jobswithlanguage.com for bilingual jobs in London, UK
Tony from At the Gemba on July 14, 2010:
The problem with getting a well paying job in london is that you will also be paying high levels of tax and the living expenses within london are huge...
You can find just as well paying jobs out of london with lower expenses and less stress for travelling..
That is if there are any jobs left before they close the UK! - I left 3 years ago and have not returned..
mike1242 from London on April 03, 2010:
Nice information, have noted a few names down, thanks
Charles James from Portugal on April 03, 2010:
One of my careers is as a specialist UK immigration solicitor. Be aware that it is a criminal offence to work or to be self employed in the UK unless you are the right nationality or have an immigration status that allows you to work. It is also an offence to employ an immigrant without jumping through the right hoops, so employers check your immigration status carefully.
I am not in practice at the moment, so I can be pretty unbiased about what lawyer you should go to. My strong advice is to look at www.chambersandpartners.com which is a directory of leading lawyers. Lawyers cannot buy their way in - they can only get in by their peers saying they are good.
Best CD Rates on November 22, 2009:
This is great information. The links you have provided here are useful and it would surely going to help many people here. Here i can see jobs are with high salaries and good profile.
ciidoctor on November 20, 2009:
very nice thnx
getnaijajobs on November 18, 2009:
doesn't look like its so hard to get a job in London like weve been made to believe,
Here in Nigeria, cos of the high unemployment rate, You need to visit sites like www.getnaijajobs.com to get job updates.
charlesfx on November 16, 2009:
i think i have heard about another big job site for london..
www.jachunt.com or www.jachunt.co.uk , it has good information..
Pseudonymous on November 15, 2009:
Great hub, thanks.
johnuy168 from World Wide Web on October 26, 2009:
By any chance you know any online job search engine which offers virtual work? Companies or individual employers from UK searching for virtual assistants/employees?
Fox on October 26, 2009:
You can try joborworker.com also and search internationally
Patty Inglish MS (author) from USA and Asgardia, the First Space Nation on September 09, 2009:
I hope someone can use the information. Thanks!
Benny Faye Ashton Douglass from Gold Canyon, Arizona on September 09, 2009:
Hey, fantastic job search hub. creativeone59