Bhavik is a creative write and he is also a Digital Marketer.
Starting your career as a freelancer is one of the fast and reliable approaches to make extra income from the comfort of your home. If you have already covered some of the best freelancing skills then you can start freelancing today and offer your services as per the skills that you have.
So what is a Freelancer?
The term Freelancer means a person providing services relevant to his/her skills i.e Content Writing, Graphic Design, App Development, and much and there is no expectation of the single client, the working relationship with the client can be an ongoing basis. It is also known as self-employment. You can be your own boss and you can start work from anywhere. On other points, freelancers can also work as a contractor as against a particular home business.
Pros to start freelancing:
- Along with your current job, it is one of the best ways to earn some extra bucks and save your money for future use.
- All you need are skills that you are an expert in and equipment to get the job done in proper time.
- You can easily start working on the project immediately. Once you get the client and you start your work and get paid to do work.
- You can do work freely without following a schedule of 9 to 5 jobs.
- You will get high independence as compared to jobs.
Cons to start freelancing:
- More time is required to earn a full-time income.
- Work, and in this way, pay, can be occasional.
- Focusing on multiple clients required a proper team.
- Payment for new freelancers is a bit low.
Services that freelancer can offer:
Any kind of services that a freelancer is working for various businesses on a freelance basis. Some best freelancer job mention below that you can focus on:
- Bookkeeping Services
- Content Writing Services
- Graphic Designing Services
- Marketing Services
- Web Development Services
Things required to start Freelancing:
You need to come up with any of the skills to start freelancing and provide services to potential clients. Many of the people nowadays quit their job and they work full time on a freelance basis. They are using their talents in which they have skills and providing services to the customers. Including with services some other things you should follow:
- A proper business plan needs to highlight what services you are providing, the target market you will cover, and the marketing strategies.
- A website with the services that you are providing, an about us page, some of your recent works, and client testimonials.
- A LinkedIn profile that covers your identity and the type of work that you are providing. As social media is the best place to get freelance work. Also, LinkedIn is one of the best professional networks where you can connect with professionals. It is the best platform to search for freelance jobs.
- Business phone or phone number so that customers can contact you easily.
- Business card.
- A landing page including your services and your freelance rates.
Steps to find freelance work:
Well, you can search for your freelance work anywhere, yes it Is right. That includes your social media platforms, online and offline you can get your work from anywhere.
Look for the ways where your target market is situated and look for the workaround there. The perfect place to get your client is where your client is looking for some assistance that is related to your skills. Find out about your market, what it pursues, and where it goes to get upheld and be accessible to give assistance, thoughts, and assets.
Search for work on freelancing websites like Upwork, Guru, and freelancer. You can also search for a website that is related to your skills for example if you are a programmer you can try Toptal if you have writing skills you can go for BloggingPro. You can check as per your skills. Many websites focus on hiring U.S freelancers and some of the websites focus on hiring International freelancers.
Joining a relationship inside your industry gives you some Influence. It likewise provides many networking ideas, work postings, or a bulletin you can promote or write to flaunt your skills.
How Freelancing Works?
Generally, most freelancers take their work project basis. That means, they get some number of projects from their client every month and they charge accordingly for each project or time required to complete the project.
As working time is not fixed for freelancers so they plan their work hours and work on strict deadlines. For example, if they get some projects with a deadline to complete within 15 days so they plan their schedule according to that.
Freelancers can work from anywhere, any time, or even if they are doing a full-time job they can also work after job working hours.
The freelancer connects with the client to get the contract work.
Freelancers go through the project requirements and set their price i.e. hourly contract or per project base.
The client pays directly to the freelancer for the work delivered.
Starting your work in freelancing offers adaptability and a great chance to sharpen your abilities at a cost that you set. If your customer won't remunerate you for your value, you can basically dismiss their offer and proceed onward to another customer.
© 2021 Bhavik Dhanvani