Family Guy - Phone Sex
Phone Sex Operator
Do you long to be a phone actress? Do you even know what a phone actress is? A phone actress is a phone sex operator (PSO). And depending on what company you work for the money can be very good. If you have the vocal or acting talent needed to be a PSO and you do not mind talking sexually then this might be the job for you. There are many different companies out there looking for talented women of all ages but you must have the voice for the job. Here are a few tips on how to be a successful PSO.
- USE YOUR VOICE – If you have the voice you must use it. If you are able to change your voice this is even better. Then you can adjust your voice to the needs of the client. Your voice does not have to be drop dead gorgeous but it cannot be too shrill or too monotone. Your voice has to be able to create a sexy image. Work with what you have, you are an actress and the only tool you have is your voice.
- BE CONFIDENT – Confidence is your key to success. Take control of the conversation from the beginning. Do not stutter, hesitate or show signs of weakness in your call. Taking control guarantees longer conversations and longer conversations means more money. Once you get more experience taking control having confidence will become second nature and you will be so good that the caller will not even realize that you have controlled the conversation.
- NO BACKGROUND NOISE – Background noise can be very distracting to the caller. The caller is paying good money to talk to you and does not want to know or hear the music or television show you are listening to. They do not want to hear you cleaning the toilet or doing laundry. Nor do they want to hear your husband, kids, dog or what you are doing in the background. So make sure that there are no distractions that can be heard over the phone.
- GIVE YOUR TOTAL ATTENTION – To be a successful phone actress you have to give your caller your total attention. If the caller senses that you are not paying attention then they are apt to simply hang up. If the caller hangs up not only do you lose out on the caller at that time but there is no chance for a repeat caller. Repeat callers are important in earning top dollar as a PSO.
- TAKE NOTES – Take notes about your customer, this may sound silly but it is very helpful. The caller will feel very special if you remember little tidbits about them; their name, where they live or what they do for a living to name a few. Taking notes helps to keep everything in order and helps you to do better at your job. This is a great way to get repeat callers.
- FIND A GOOD COMPANY – Finding the right company is essential to being a successful PSO. There are many different companies to choose from and there is even the possibility to be an independent contractor.Find which situation works best for you. Maybe working for a company until you feel comfortable to go out on your own or simply starting out on your own. The choice is yours and depends on your needs.
- HAVE THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT – Having the right equipment is very important. You want a phone system that is easy for the customer to hear you and for you to hear the caller. Having a cordless phone with a headset is a great way to keep your hands free and keeps you from being tied to a certain location.Some head phones come with mute buttons and noise cancelling buttons which are great additions.
- THINK ON YOUR FEET/BE CREATIVE – Being a PSO means that you have to be able to think quickly on your feet. There are so many different types of callers with many different likes and interests. This means that you have to be able to adjust to these needs and here is where the “actress” in you will come into play. Being creative is a great way to make your customer happy.
- BE FUNNY – Being funny can help the caller to be put to ease. Do not force it just use it as an icebreaker or to make your caller and you feel more comfortable. Having fun can make the call go much easier. Humor can be very sexy if used in the right way and can make for a very successful call.
- DON’T OVERACT – Even though you are a telephone actress do not overact. Overacting can be unappealing so stick to acting and try to be yourself. Going to the extreme can also ruin the fantasy for the caller. You want to act but you also want to be accommodating and believable to the caller. Find what works for you and use it.
If this sounds interesting to you then maybe you are ready to give good phone. Take these tips; have fun and make money all at the same time.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
Liza on March 07, 2020:
I am a PSO . It's been five years since I am working as a PSO . My experience has been really different and I would like to say , don't ever believe that you will get a very low wage this time , or you won't be able to make to needed cash . I have a secret which I will reveal through my PSO Guide book . And you will be amazed by reading the guide , it's very simple . If I will reveal it over hear you might not use them or even not value them . But whoever wants to know you can let me know .
Ashleyboo on October 02, 2016:
I got the voice and know the game well, but live in Jamaica is that ok
Brenda on October 10, 2015:
I am new as a PSO and I'm not getting much call when I do they very short I need some ideas on how to keep the callers thank you
Sonknee on July 26, 2015:
What kind of money are we talking about to get started as an indie? Can anyone give me some advice in this area? I'd like to give this a shot. I use to sell education for online schools...Why not become a PSO.
KristinaMPitts on August 28, 2014:
Triplet Mom (author) from West Coast on October 07, 2013:
You need to research your options but there is going to be some cost no matter how you start. There is less cost if you work for an organization.
happyhooker100 on October 05, 2013:
ust filled out a few apps for a few diff. companys. I know i have the conversation and the voice for the job, i am totally money motivated &*v now that the kids ar grown and the significant other is gung ho about it. i have all the time in the world. so, is there a way to get started on my own without having to put out cash to start? i'm broke!!!!!
Triplet Mom (author) from West Coast on May 31, 2013:
ResourcefulLady on May 30, 2013:
I just found a great company, and I'm loving it. For once I'm getting talk time plus comission. I've done this work before..its a breeze and always keeps you entertained! Acting is so easy.
Staci on March 09, 2012:
JustWondering - they would know that you peeked if you clicked on any of their "pay-to-view" or "buy" buttons. When you do that, I believe your name appears in their customer list.
JustWondering on February 09, 2012:
I have an account on NiteFlirt and sometimes right after I look at an operator listing I get mail from them. How do the know I peeked??
Phone Sex on July 07, 2011:
I had never thought of that. What a brilliant business idea... celebrity phone sex lines! I kinda wanted to stick around long enough to be promoted to a phone psychic... I think I would have happily done that for no pay.
Triplet Mom (author) from West Coast on June 25, 2011:
Aspiring PSO, Heidi has a great suggestion in Niteflirts!
Thank you Heidi! Great suggestion. Many do use Niteflirts to set their own rules, schedule and payments.
Heidi on June 25, 2011:
Hi Aspiring PSO! I work for a dispatch company but I also use Niteflirt.com-just made a new profile as I was under another name there so still in the creating process, but Niteflirt is one popular platform many independent PSO's use-it's a billing platform (thy take their cut but you choose your own price per minute)and a place to make a profile page, but you have to do your own promotion. Many use it and do well, I'm slowly trying to cross over from company to independent. Go to their site and read up.
Phone Sex on June 17, 2011:
You have made awesome, really good I am impressed by this stuff. I am impressed by this blog post.
Phone Sex on June 13, 2011:
I have added you to my bookmarks, I also have a buddy, that will really enjoy this page,
Aspiring PSO on June 06, 2011:
Hi, I'm trying to start as an independent contractor but how do i bill my customers. Do you know of any sites that would make it easy for my customers to pay online?
Triplet Mom (author) from West Coast on August 24, 2010:
Chelsea Hoffman from Las Vegas on August 24, 2010:
This is a really good hub! You should try contributing some info to this community blog for phone actresses, would really love to have a more colorful variety of resources!
Phone Sex on May 13, 2010:
Au fait post! I am enchanted to know your valued acumen. It will offer me huge help.
Triplet Mom (author) from West Coast on May 11, 2009:
Thank you, my mind works in mysterious ways!!
Silver Freak from The state of confusion on May 11, 2009:
What a fascinating topic for a hub! Great read and terrific vids, all in all a great little hub!
Triplet Mom (author) from West Coast on May 11, 2009:
Teresa - This hub came out of a discussion with a friend on what we wouldn't do for money. Ha!
Whikat - I have heard that there are a lot of very strange and somewhat disturbing requests as well. Not sure how much of that I could take.
Whikat on May 11, 2009:
I got the voice for it, I just don't think I have the stomach for it. I heard you can get a lot of crazy requests, and I am not sure I would ever want to have to let my mind go there. Nicely written and a lot of facts thought. :-)
Sheila from The Other Bangor on May 11, 2009:
What an interesting notion. . .