Hi, I am a graphic designer, business owner, and social media expert. I hope that my experience will be a benefit to you.
Social Media is a Powerful Tool
Social media is a powerful tool. It is where your customers/readers are hanging out. You need to be there with them. creating connections, Sharing your business/blog with your prospective customers. However, unlike your personal page that you share with your friends and family. With your business/blog page you need to go in with a definitive plan. To benefit from social media, you need to have a clear understanding of who you are and who you’re seeking to reach. You need to have a specific goal in mind. Know going in what you’re trying to achieve.
Which Social Networks Should I be on?
Which Social Networks Should I be on?
Should you concentrate on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snap Chat? Are you in a position to hire a Virtual Assistant? Can You hire a Social Media Manager? If the answer to those questions is “no”. Then I suggest that you pick one or two networks that you can easily manage and be active in. Which ones? That depends on the age and interests of your customers. Do a little research on each network. Find out what their demographics are. Some networks let you connect and talk with customers more easily than others. Whatever one you pick. Make sure that you carve out the time in your schedule, to be consistently active. Be sure that you are creating content and engaging with your customers.
What is Content?
Content is basically anything that you put on your page. It can be a comment, video, opinion poll, article, tutorial, slide, picture, guide, question or anything you can think of. The goal and purpose of content should be to interest, entertain and engage your followers. Engagement is very important. When one of your followers likes or comments on a piece of content, they will be shown more of your content. That is true of all the social media networks. So, make your content engaging! Ask questions of your followers. Encourage them to give their opinions. Interaction is a key component to social media success.
Building a Content Plan
Think of different ways to engage you followers. Create several weeks or months worth of content. Are you able to create it yourself? Research different resources that you can outsource your work to. What about the time element. Did you know that some networks have built in schedulers? They let you upload your content and then schedule when you want it posted. Some networks work with each other. They allow you to post to other networks simultaneously when you post to theirs. There is also software that helps you to schedule your posts to several networks at once. You should have a plan laid out as to what you will post and when. You can deviate from the schedule when unforeseen events come up.
Here Are Some Content Ideas to Get You Started
• If you are a blogger or have a blog on your site: Make a slide show about your most recent post or your most popular. Start with the title, then include a slide for each point in your article. Consider ending with a call to action.
• Do a tutorial. Tutorials are extremely popular. You can do a slide presentation, with pictures and tips.
• Do a top ten list. Top ten must haves, top ten do’s, top ten don’ts, top ten likes, top ten hates. Ten is not a magic number. You could do top 25 or even 100!
• Create a Q&A. Question and Answer posts are a great way of getting to know your followers. Knowing what question your followers want answers to be essential: If you are putting together a FAQ for your website, setting up a chatbot or shortcuts for a direct message feature.
• You could have a daily theme. Or a theme for certain days of the week: “what are you working on Monday”, “Share a tip Tuesday”, etc. It not only encourages interaction but gives your followers something to look forward to on your page each week.
• Ask a question every week. Make it the same day each week. Along those same lines, share a fact each week. Give people a reason to want to visit your page.
• Do a reader poll. People love to participate in polls. A simple multiple-choice question is a fast-easy way to interact with your followers.
• Do a resource post complete with links to the best resources in your niche. Resources not appropriate for you. Do our favorite things with links.
• Do an interview or a roundup post. You can ask someone who is an expert in your niche questions. You can do a video, a live (video) interview or a print interview. You can also do a round up with several experts.
• Do a live video, a behind the scenes video or a tutorial video. Video can be a game changer. It has quadrupled in popularity in the past few years and is still growing.
• Write a review of a product or service. Reviews are a service to your followers. People who follow you want to feel like you are bringing them value.
• Let your followers know what you are up to. What projects or products you have coming up.
• Introduce your followers to the members of your team. Make them feel like they know you.
• Take pictures and video or go live at a local event. You don’t have to be directly involved in the event. It just needs to be in line with your niche.
• Look up what’s trending for a particular day. Do a related post.
• Create an infographic. Pick a topic that is relevant to your business or blog. Google infographics to get some ideas. Then make one of your own.
• Create some images with inspirational quotes on them.
• Create a GIF or a Meme that goes along with your niche.
• Do a revealing secret or behind the scenes post.
These are just a few of the ways that you can create an interesting engaging social page. I am sure you can think of many more. I hope you have found value in this article. If you want to read more about how social media can help your blog/business grow. Be sure to follow me @ Hubpages "No 9 to 5 Girl.
Sumit Chakrabarti from Kolkata on December 31, 2019:
Hi Suzette, maybe I am a little late to find this Hubpage but better late than never. I really liked the way you illustrated about creating various aspects of social media content creation. I follow a set of 15-20 methods of social media writing, and your tips are quite helpful!
Suzette Alexander (author) from U.S.A. on November 23, 2018:
Thanks! I'm glad you found it helpful.
Debrah on November 23, 2018:
Love your content ideas. I think there are a few possibilities in there for me to draw on.