Shafqat M. is the professional content writer who has been helming digital marketing projects for the last 5 years.
In the age of instant gratifications and social media, the need for content that hooks the audience's attention instantly has never been so dire! You need to find creative ways to present information and should know how to present information visually. This blog will take you through how to publish social media marketing content that stands out. Moreover, we will share some creative ways to present information visually.
Due to the overwhelming amount of content being peddled across social media networks, content creation for social media calls for the sophistication of sorts so that your message resonates with your audience. Calling for content in social media to be precise, short, visually pleasing, and interesting!
If you have been in the digital domain, you may have ruffled few feathers with social media content creation. Never has it been so important as it is now to keep content on social media at par with trends so that it finds its way to your target audience amid all sorts of distractions.
Are you planning to create a content marketing strategy that truly reflects your brand but don't know how to do it? This article will guide you through the entire process of content marketing. We will also be sharing some content marketing examples to help make sense of what could easily prove a marketing goldmine for your business. As this is going to be a content marketing guide, we will be talking and sharing stuff about:
- Content Marketing Definition
- Content Marketing Institute
- Content Marketing Agency
- Content Marketing Examples
- Content Marketing Strategy
These I believe will suffice to take you through the entire process of content marketing and strategies to help your business reach more audiences, improve conversion rate, and boost ROI.
Why Traditional Marketing is Failing Businesses?
No one likes interruptions, least so when you are surfing the internet for some important task, and traditional marketing is nothing but a pile of interruptions. As users, it is annoying when we are bombarded with marketing messages. And marketers should know that it destroys the whole purpose of your marketing campaign when instead of engaging and responding to your message, the user is annoyed. Traditional marketing is inherently interventionist in its nature. This renders it ineffective, but expensive, in effectively marketing your brand, business, service, product, etc. engagingly.
Why Investing in Content Marketing is Indispensable and Rewarding?
Leading the way forward in the digital realm is content marketing. It very effectively delivers your marketing message and helps your business become visible to your prospects. Consequently, turning leads into returning customers. It's for this very reason that businesses have been vying for content marketing and doing everything in their capacity to leverage it to engage users on multiple fronts.
It's through content marketing that businesses drive enormous search traffic. You too can reap the same benefits provided you know how to create an effective and result-oriented content marketing strategy. This blog is aimed to help businesses with content marketing and help them reap the benefits of improved search visibility, organic traffic, etc. So to begin, let's start with content marketing basics!
Which is Better, Content Marketing Institute, or Content Marketing Agency to Master the Art of Content Marketing?
Sifting through a blog post might give you a thorough overview of content marketing but to master its subtle nuances, it's better to join a content marketing institute and do a short course. This scheme of things might be useful for individuals running a blog or a website. However, if you're a business, you should hire a content marketing agency to do the job for you. Hire someone for the role of content marketing who has been educated and has the requisite experience in this field.
What is Content Marketing?
Content Marketing Definition: Simply put, content marketing involves planning, creating, publishing, and sharing content with the sole purpose to reach, educate, guide your target audience and drive organic traffic to your business. Content marketing creates awareness about your business, establishes brand credibility, and authority online. This ultimately translates into higher ROI as it boosts sales, drives the audience to the business's website, and engages prospects, leads, and customers across the spectrum of their digital experience.
Why is Content Marketing Important for your Business?
As has been pointed out earlier, outbound marketing isn't as effective as it used to be in converting leads. Since content marketing is the finest example of inbound marketing, here leads and prospects come to you instead of you going after them. Therefore, it is not annoying at all, nor is it intervening in any sense. Your content marketing strategy should be reflective of your business, customized to suit your niche. Doing so will help you win customer's confidence and trust, and also:
- Educate your prospective consumers or leads with regards to your products and services.
- Boost sales, conversions, and leads.
- Cement consumers trust in your business and establish brand loyalty.
- Solve the issues or problems your consumers might be facing using your products or services effectively.
- Build and nurture a community of followers around your business.
That suffices as proof why businesses should be investing in content marketing more proactively.
A Brief Intro to the Content Marketing World: Trending Content Marketing Examples!
1. Social Media Content Marketing
Social media has over 3.7 billion users worldwide. Therefore, it's obvious that investing in social media marketing pays huge dividends. To begin with, start creating and sharing social media content on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
2. Infographic Content Marketing
An easy way to share information and data is by creating infographics. It's an easy and user-friendly way of producing content. It's a concoction of information, data, and graphics resulting in engaging and enthralling visuals.
3. Blog Content Marketing
Blogging is the most commonly used but very powerful tool for inbound marketing. It's the easiest way to keep your target audience engaged. You can create blogs about literally anything, including products, services, self-help, etc.
4. Podcast Content Marketing
Podcasts have become quite popular and a must nowadays. They are the best sources of audio media consumption where information is consumed in audio form. Businesses increasingly are turning to podcasts to reap the benefits of this novel platform and to spread brand awareness, promote products and services.
5. Video Content Marketing
By far, video consumption has just skyrocketed. Its popularity is immense. Consumers actively seek more videos from brands. That's the reason video content marketing is touted as an indispensable marketing tool. Moreover, video marketing is better positioned to boost conversions and improve ROI.
Best Content Marketing Strategy for 2021 to Drive Sales and Boost your Business
- Your goals should be smart, practical, workable, and easy to implement - Content marketing strategies have to be crafted around a purpose. Why are you launching content marketing? Is it to improve your brand awareness or boost sales or just to share info about your business?
- Your goals should have clear-cut KPIs - Be clear about indicators or key performance indicators (KPIs) to quantify the performance of your content marketing strategy against your set goals. Site traffic or social media engagement or daily sales could be the best indicators.
- Be creative with your selection of content channels - You're needed to be creative with your selection of channels on which to share content. If it's social media you're targeting, should you go for Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, you've to decide beforehand. Taking into account the nature of your content - which in turn depends on the nature, demography, age group of your target audience - and choose marketing channels accordingly!
- Allocate a budget and stick to it, create and share the content - With budget allocated, you're all set to go and turn to creating and sharing content. Better is not to rush to share all of your content at once but have a schedule or an editorial calendar in place to maximize traction and impact of your content.
- Keep measuring and analyzing the results of your content marketing - Using robust marketing analytics tools help measure and analyze the outcome of your content marketing strategy. If it isn't delivering the desired results, change your strategy. It's the best way to improve your future campaigns and get rid of your shortcomings.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Shafqat M
Shafqat M (author) from Srinagar, Kashmir on October 20, 2020:
Thanks Liz for dropping by and commenting! Hope it helps businesses in their content marketing strategy!
Liz Westwood from UK on October 20, 2020:
This is a well-presented and very useful article. It explains the subject well and helps those who can benefit from it in their business.