Ms. Inglish is a successful employment & training pro, setting Midwest regional records with tens of thousands placed in gainful employment.
Highest Demand Jobs
Alaska provides jobs listings of 9,000 to 10,000 new openings consistently every month from 2010 to date. Sustainable businesses form a large sector of the growing economy.
The major Alaskan job clusters of fast-growing jobs in the green industry sector are found in these important industries:
- Medical and Healthcare,
- Financial Products and Services,
- Information Technology (IT) and
- Hospitality & Tourism.
Major Alaskan Employers Listing Job Openings
- Nana Regional Corporation, owned by Native Alaskans
- Barr Nunn Transport - Trucking
- C.R. England Trucking
- Providence Health & Services
- Roehl Trucking
- Yukon Health System
- HDR - A global engineering, architecture, planning and consulting firm.
- University of Alaska and Medical/Health Center
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
- Soliant Health Services
Fastest Growing Jobs to 2022
The State of Alaska estimates that these jobs are highest-growth, all of them in the Healthcare Industry:
- Medical and Health Services Managers
- Aerospace Engineers
- Financial Analysts and Examiners
- Administrative Service Managers
- Engineering Technicians
- Health Educators and Healthcare Social Workers
- Bio-Scientists and Life Scientists
- Truck Drivers, CDL
- Home Health Aides (HHAs) - One of the highest growing jobs in America and Canada.
- Physicians and Healthcare Technicians
Highest Demand Jobs Advertised
Additional High Demand Listings
- Truck, Drivers with CDL,
- Securities and Commodities Agents,
- Personal & Home Aides,
- Computer Software Applications Engineers,
- Medical and Dental Assistants
- Home Health Aides,
- Accommodations Desk Clerks, Hotel Food and Beverage Workers, and other.
Alaskan Waterways Jobs
Alaska and nearby Canadian Provinces like British Columbia with Vancouver Island and other Northwest Pacific islands are enjoying an increase in demand for Cruise Ship jobs. Canada contains natural beauty and wide open spaces on land and on water all over the nation.
Commercial fishing and trucking demands have been examined in Canada and at sea in Cable TV series such as Ice Road Truckers, Highway Through Hell, and Most Dangerous Catch.
Alaska is the home to a large privately held Spaceport operated by Alaska Aerospace Corporation, one of a dozen in America and the only one at sufficiently high a latitude to reduce travel time to the International Space Station to six hours. This Spaceport will be instrumental in competing with Russian spacecraft launched from high latitude in Kazakhstan.
Alaska Aerospace Corp., Southwest of Anchorage
Companies that maintain the largest employee pools
- Providence Health
- Fred Meyer
- Wal-Mart/Sam's Club
- Trident Seafoods
- ASRC Energy Services
- BP Exploration Alaska
- CH2MHILL (VECO)
- NANA Management Services
- Alaska Airlines
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC)
- GCI Communications
- Banner Health (with Faribanks Memorial Hospital)
- Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
- Southcentral Foundation
- Wells Fargo
- Alaska USA Federal Credit Union
- Spenard Builders Supply
Important Employment and Business Information:
- Alaska Airlines and its sister carrier, Horizon Air, together provide passenger and cargo service to more than 80 cities in Alaska, the Lower 48, Canada, and Mexico.
- Trident Seafoods- The seafood industry is one of the most fast-paced, dynamic industries in the world. With their recent growth there's never been a better time to join the Trident team than right now.
- ASRC Energy Service is an engineering, construction, project management, maintenance and operations company that specializes in energy and industrial projects. Investigate at asrcenergy.com/careers.
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, offers statewide services in specialty medical care, water and sanitation, community health and research, information technology, and professional recruiting.
- Alaska Regional Hospital is committed to using superior medical technology and expertise, while providing a full range of health care services in Alaska. See alaskaregional.com.
- Southcentral Foundation is an Alaska Native non-profit health corporation formed under the tribal authority of Cook Inlet Region, Incorporated (CIRI).
- As Alaska's largest building materials supplier and home improvement center, Spenard Builders Supply has employment opportunities in many fields, including retail sales, contractor sales, manufacturing, purchasing, delivery drivers, office staff and other areas.
- Alyeska Pipeline Service Company operates and maintains the 800-mile Trans Alaska Pipeline System. Almost 900 employees work in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Valdez and field locations along the pipeline.
- Conoco Phillips is an international, integrated energy company. The projects we have under way and the ones we're pursuing translate into greater, more diversified career opportunities for our employees.
- Alaska Bible College: Glennallen
- Alaska Bible Institute: Homer (non-denominational)
- Alaska Pacific University: Anchorage. Some distance education courses are available as well.
- Alaska Vocational Technical Center: Seward
- Ilisagvik College: North Slope
- Sheldon Jackson College: Oldest college in Alaska, founded in the late 1800s on Baranof Island in Sitka as a private, four-year Presbyterian liberal arts college. on 02/01/2011, the 40-year-old Sitka Fine Arts Camp that serves 500 youth each summer accepted the college campus as a gift from the closing institution. The campus retains the name Sheldon Jackson to honor the founder and is being recognized as a US National Historic Place.
Sitka Fine Arts Camp
University of Alaska System
University of Alaska: Fairbanks
University of Alaska: Juneau
- University of the Arctic: a network of academic institutions and programs in the circumpolar North
- Wayland Baptist University: Anchorage, Fairbanks
© 2007 Patty Inglish MS
Comments, Additions, and News
Patty Inglish MS (author) from USA and Asgardia, the First Space Nation on October 18, 2014:
@Craan - How sad to have no memories of Alaska! I hope you visit one day and see the beauty again. I recall that when I last visited Vancouver Island, the ferry to Alaska took 24 hours, but the way was breathtaking.
Sheila Craan from Florida on October 18, 2014:
Thanks Patty! Well reached. I look forward to visiting Alaska one day. I was born in Anchorage, Alaska. Unfortunately, my parents moved to NY when I turned one and I have no recollection of this glorious state.
frank komba on April 05, 2011:
i believe one day i will get a job in alaska although i am a Tanzanian citzen.
Patty Inglish MS (author) from USA and Asgardia, the First Space Nation on March 26, 2011:
Thanks for the update. I added good information about the fine arts camp. Looks like a great revitalization of an old campus for summer 2011.
Blain Anderson on March 26, 2011:
Sheldon Jackson College is no longer in business. The campus has been sold to Sitka Fine Arts Camp and the fish hatchery to the Sitka Science Center, all volunteer run groups.
VivekSri on July 08, 2010:
Most pretty looking things on this earth scribed here on this hub. Good going, take care friend.
mpurcell10 from Arkansas on December 15, 2009:
Great information. I keep hearing about Alaska and am very intersted. We have lived in many states and want to see Alaska very badly.
Patty Inglish MS (author) from USA and Asgardia, the First Space Nation on March 03, 2009:
thank you fia - and i hope the financial info in your link will help readers!
fiacardman on March 03, 2009:
Well Written!nice piece of work with lot of useful information. Now bookmarked. Much appreciated!