So, it sucks... You have to wear a helmet!... That doesn't mean that you have to wear the same helmet that every other Squid wears!
Customizing A Helmet
Ideas, How-tos and resources to help you to give your helmet that custom touch.
What's almost as much fun as customizing your bike? Customizing your helmet, of course!
Read on to get ideas for customizing your helmet, along with how-to videos and resource links to help you get the job done.
Gladiator Helmet -Way cool!, but not even close to DOT approved.
Disclaimer of Liability
Modifying a helmet carries inherent risks. Consult product manufacturers with all questions relating to helmet usage safety and allowable modifications. Consult appropriate authorities with all questions relating to legality of modifying and using a safety helmet. In short, ToTheBrimm will not be held liable if you modify your helmet to the point of unlawful usage or failure.
Of course if you were really worried about safety you probably wouldn't ride a motorcycle in the first place.
Just use your head:
- Don't drill into the shell or visor.
- Don't sand too deep - sand the clear coat and paint but not the shell.
- Don't do anything that will impair your vision or ventilation.
- Don't use paints or adhesives that will weaken the shell or visor.
- Don't attach anything that is too heavy, causes too much wind resistance or will cause damage to your head, neck or innocent bystanders in the event of a crash.
- Don't cover the DOT sticker.
- I'm sure there are others; just use common sense. If you don't have common sense, ask your Mother - she probably hates your bike but at least she'll be glad you're wearing a helmet.
Helmet Painting - Custom Airbrushing for Motorcycle Helmets
Other Custom Helmet Ideas
Tell me about your helmet.
kabbalah lm on February 14, 2013:
I just ride with a plain old open face. I'm an old school cruiser type.
Hclothing on September 18, 2012:
anonymous on February 23, 2012:
These are all cool customized helmets. :)
anonymous on September 06, 2011:
mwalter2400 on August 13, 2011:
A gladiator helmet would be cool. too bad all the CHP around here would go 100miles outa their way to hassle you though. I guess ill stick with my boring plain helmet.