1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Skyliner
The beautiful Ford release was Featured in Die Another Day. A Classic automobile driven by Bond during his visit to Cuba, even though he didn't drive it for too long. It is definitely a vehicle to remember.
My personal and number one favorite James Bond agent-mobile simply for it's classiness and neat ability of converting with the hardtop and transforming topless.
This Classic was armed with a 272 cubic inch engine with (4.5 l) 190 hp on the very first 1957 model. Afterwards running a 292 cubic inch engine (4.8 l) with 200 hp, 205 hp, and 212 hp. Then finally a 312 cubic inch engine with (5.1 l) and 245 hp.
Lotus Esprit 1976-1978
This beauty was auctioned and Sold for close to £600,000.
Strengthened with a steel chassis and a fiberglass exterior, the Esprit is stuffed with a Lotus 907 4-cylinder engine. This engine is a 2.0 L, powered by 160 bhp.
The trans-axle gearbox is a 5-speed manual unit, previously used in the racing vehicles Citroen SM and Maserati Merak. The lotus also had inboard rear brakes and it weighed less than 1,000 kg. Perfect for its amazing trick of converting into a submarine.
Speacial Gadgets / weapons on vehicle:
Cement sprayer- From rear of car four nozzles would spray cement onto followers to slow them down.
Submersible Mode- The most amazing feature which gained this car the popularity it has achieved.
Surface-to-air missiles- The vehicle was able to launch missiles into the air while underwater at any enemy aircraft nearby.
Black dye- Similar to that of an octopus's ink, the black dye is used underwater to blind any pursuers.
Mines and torpedoes-While in submarine mode, mines can be dropped from underneath the car, as well as torpedoes fired from the headlights.
A Drophead 4¼ Litre was featured as James Bond's car in the 1983 movie, Never Say Never Again.
This masterpiece features a 4 speed transmission, with a body of 172.4 inches long and a Width of 68.5 inches. Although not the lightest vehicle out at the time, at roughly 3600 lbs this was a powerful car.
The 1928 Le Mans 24 Hour Race was the 6th Grand Prix of Endurance, held on June 16th and 17th of the year.
Taking first place in the 1928 Le mans, the first Bentley 4 1/2 litre boasted these statistics:
- Fastest Lap - #3 Bentley Motors Ltd. - 8:07
- Distance - 2669.272 km
- Average Speed - 111.219 km/h
- Total laps - 154
1971 Cadillac / Corvette El Dorado Convertible Customized onto Corvette
This sexy convertible was the model used in the James Bond film, Live and Let Die, filmed in the year of 1973.
A powerful V8 engine with 180 BHP / 134 KW of strength. A 3 speed automatic transmission, and capacity of 425 cubic inches / 500 cubic inches.
Whew, this was a monster for the year.
Les Dunham, In 1973 put the body of a Cadillac El Dorado on a chassis of a Chevrolet Corvette. The Corvorado (Corvette + El Dorado) was his creation. The final product for the James Bond film.
Because of the customized style paint jobs and alterations to the interior like hanging dice and fuzzy fur seats. These vehicles were considered "Pimp mobiles" used by pimps, gangsters, and drug dealers. An american phase of the nineteen sixties, seventies and eighties.
Aston Martin DB5
Aston Martin DB5
With an inline-6 engine charged with 3,995 cc and 282 bhp of power at 5,500 rpm this is a beast! 288 lb of torque at 3,850 rpm while weighing in at 3,311 lbs this Aston Martin hits 60 mph in 8 seconds and tops out at 143 mph. No wonder why it was featured in six films, Thunderball, Goldfinger, GoldenEye,Tomorrow Never Dies, Casino Royale, and Skyfall.
Weapons and gadgets to use versus the villains:
- 2 fully automatic .30 calibre machine guns- pop put from the front indicator lights of the vehicle.
- Fax machine radio- This was pretty cool how Bond would receive top secret messages and directions via radio fax.
- Radio telepohone- Yes, James Bond had a phone in the car for communicating with headquarters, although he never used it once...
- Bulletproof rear panels and windshield- for defense against gunfire.
- Water cannons- which fire from rear of vehicle.
- Revolving license plates- for quick vanishing.
- Smoke screen- which releases from the exhaust pipes to assist in chases.
- Front and rear end rams- A little extra power when ramming is always a plus for a spy car.
- Oil Slick- Another tool to use against pursuers which is released from the rear.
- Tire Slashing Blade- Keep your distance or catch a flat. Sharp slashing blades which come out from the rear wheel will do the job.
- Passenger ejector seat- It has never been easier to tell someone to get the heck outta your car! With the push of a button that unwanted passenger will be launched out of the vehicle.
More James Bond? Here is all of the movies
- The Various Actors with the James Bond Role in the Movies
Who exactly is James Bond? He is a different actor throughout most of the films from 1962 until today. See who made what movie and when each actor was Agent 007.